Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
    Definitely! And the fact that it is UST. Having every woman jump him would be a bit dull, but having Beckett shoot down his advances and tease him as well, I sometimes feel like giving her a high five and saying "You go girl!"
    I did see the 2 by 2 bit, can't remember which ep though, but I believe it was withing he first two season.
    And yeah, on the Halloween ep, on the bookshelf to the left as he pops out the door, there's a ship part sitting there

I like Ryan and how he's usually holding one of Castle's books. Beckett created another Castle fan when she gave them her books.
    I'm gonna have to check that out. I love it when shows refer to each other. It's an easter egg for the fans
    And makes me seem like such a geek when I keep pointing these things out to people who're watching the shows with me

The browncoat deserves squeeing.
    I'd love to see a miniature Serenity sitting on Castle's desk

Hmm, it is fun
    Talk to you soon
    Yes... the unresolved part does make it fun.... Both me and hubby can't wait for Monday to come.
    I agree. I'm glad they don't have do that either, but occationally it is funny and then to see Beckett's reaction sometimes is priceless.
    Too funny. She's a toughy... I like that about her. Love how she busts on him about his daughter and what she did at that age.
    I can't remember which ep and I didn't catch it until him mentioned it in a vid I saw from ComicCon. I love those cool facts. OH thanks. I never knew where to look. That is so cool.

Oh I missed that. Oh and I love how Ryan and Esposito both try to back Castle up on most of his ideas.
    Yes. I love those easter eggs too. I think this is the only show... that I know of that is continuously doing it. Definately a good fan pleaser.

LOL! I'm right with ya in the Geek department. I share all those tidbits too.
    Oh definately! Can never get enough of him looking like Mal!!! Oh that would be cool. Maybe have some of his old castmates come and guest star.

Catch you later.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Yes... the unresolved part does make it fun.... Both me and hubby can't wait for Monday to come.
      I agree. I'm glad they don't have do that either, but occationally it is funny and then to see Beckett's reaction sometimes is priceless.
      Too funny. She's a toughy... I like that about her. Love how she busts on him about his daughter and what she did at that age.
      I can't remember which ep and I didn't catch it until him mentioned it in a vid I saw from ComicCon. I love those cool facts. OH thanks. I never knew where to look. That is so cool.

Oh I missed that. Oh and I love how Ryan and Esposito both try to back Castle up on most of his ideas.
      Yes. I love those easter eggs too. I think this is the only show... that I know of that is continuously doing it. Definately a good fan pleaser.

LOL! I'm right with ya in the Geek department. I share all those tidbits too.
      Oh definately! Can never get enough of him looking like Mal!!! Oh that would be cool. Maybe have some of his old castmates come and guest star.

Catch you later.
      New ep on Monday? Nice
      I do hope you'll tell me all about the fun my favourite duo get up to?
      Both their reactions are priceless.
      And the whole teams interaction.
      I just watched the episode with the mummy and how they all prank Castle to believing it's a mummy's curse.
      Brilliant.

The 2 by 2 was in the episode with that guy pretending to be in the South Pole, or something like that, but really in his apartment. He was a conartist, I think.
      Oh, I love the interactions with Alexis. Castle becomes such a dotting father when it comes to her.
      I have no clue how I come across these things. I just go from one site to another and suddenly "Oh, a piece of Serenity is on that bookshelf?"

He hasn't been holding them much in season 2, but in the first one, pretty much every ep he had a book in his hands
      I love those two and their interactions. They're so adorable And yeah, they're Castle's back up
      I think so too. Most other shows have a few subtle references, but Castle? They have to throw it in our face and we love them for it

How can we not share it though? Every must and shall be aware of Firefly/Nathan Fillion and the awesomeness that comes with it! *Strikes an epic pose*
      Oh!That would be awesome. I'd love to see Tudyk coming on as a two-bit writer or columnist that always argues with Castle.
      Or a small cameo of Summer, where Castle replies to someone asking about her "She's just crazy."
      Argh! Now I have all these ideas in my head that I must see

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
      My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

A few days ago, i have finished the movie Serentiy. Before i have watched Season One of Firefly.
        I loved Firefly and i really like serenity, but i haven't laught so often like a firefly-plot... and sooooo i think the movie wasn't the best in the firefly universe .

Comment

I remember when I showed my dad the trailer and he just shrugged and went "meh". Not interested. I managed to show him the movie a year later and he LOVED it.

You can't resist the Firefly. Not for long. It'll get you.

MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other aspiring writers in our community
          dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse' and 'Aliasverse' online fiction.

Comment

I loved the movie, and deplore the fate of Wash and Shepherd Book... Loved the updated look too.
            sigpic

Comment

There will be a Special documentary of Firefly that will air in Nov! details here
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                There will be a Special documentary of Firefly that will air in Nov! details here
                Oooh that sounds great, thanks for sharing
                WACKO!!!!

Comment

My apologies if topic has been covered before - I did a search but can't find anything.

In the series, Simon states very clearly that it was his "contacts" who rescued River from the Alliance facility and that he met them later to collect River.

However, in the Serenity movie, it is Simon who rescues River.

Has Whedon ever explained this?

Cheers.

Comment

Don't know that Joss ever explained it, but maybe it was Simon's contacts that got him into the facility and got him the exit. Simon did the dangerous work so to speak.

At least that's how I reconcile the two.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                    X