Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

I just saw the movie and it was awesome
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Originally posted by Elitenova
    I just saw the movie and it was awesome

We just got back from seeing it too and I agree, it was awesome. Well worth the money!

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

I hope they bring back the television series on SCIFI
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Just to let you know, there is a thread for people who have seen the film, in the Firefly sub-forum. Come by and say hi sometime

*WARNING SPOILERS*
        Serenity (2005) Discussion Thread *Contains All Manner of Spoilers*

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I loved the movie so much I'm going to see it again tomorrow. And then maybe later this weekend.

Comment

River Tam - "I swallowed a bug."

Freaking awesome. Reminded me of:

Charlie Brown - "Good Grief!"

Comment

It was great, and I heard it was second last week I hope that continues awhile
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Serenity was absolutely brilliant... I never caught the series, but now its playin on Foxtel and I'll have to make sure to catch it.

Supposedly it's the entire series condensed... very well done IMO, I hope the series Firefly is just as good and I'm sure it is, thou of course the budget won't be all there.

It's a shame too that so few episodes were made and the series wasn't allowed to continue, the actors seemed capable enough and the premise, locations, storyline and characters all seemed promising for a bit more longevity.

Jewel Staite's character in the movie/series, Kaylee, has to be the sexiest intersteller engineer on a merc spaceship I've EVER seen!

Does anyone have any pics of her they would like to share with me, or can someone throw me towards some hot pics of that delicious woman? Jewel Staite, very approachable-sexy, very nice...

Capt

Comment

It was a great movie, but it did suffer from being a bit episodic (I guess due to the fact that it's Joss's first movie). Also, it wasn't as funnyas the series! Still funny though... a fantastic ride. But why did they have to kill Wash? He always had the best lines...

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

I disagree; Jaylee had the best lines in the movie ("Hell with this, I wanna live!"). And on the subject...
                    Originally posted by TheCaptain
                    Does anyone have any pics of her they would like to share with me, or can someone throw me towards some hot pics of that delicious woman? Jewel Staite, very approachable-sexy, very nice...
                    The Jewel Staite Thunk Thread has a few pictures if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                      I disagree; Jaylee had the best lines in the movie ("Hell with this, I wanna live!"). And on the subject...

The Jewel Staite Thunk Thread has a few pictures if you like.
                      Yes, couldn't help but laugh at that one

Totally understandable too if I was in the Doc's shoes would be the same way Kay was meself

Thanks for thread link, me a little noobish in this forum will find my feet round here soon enough . Cheers

Capt

Comment

Well, I've been pleasantly surprised to note that it's had almost overwhelming criticial acclaim over here in the UK so far. Every critic I've read is enthusing wildly over it. One saying it's 'the blockbuster movie you've been waiting for all year'. I've also noticed that almost every critic compares Serenity to the final Star Wars movie (sorry forgotten it's name - was never interested) and says it knocks SW into touch in all areas - plot, characters - but most especially in the realm of SFX.

I was really looking forward to Serenity...until I came into this thread and discovered they killed off Wash. I hadn't expected a character death. I don't like character deaths generally in the SF shows, I watch. So now, to be honest, I'm having second thoughts.

Albion
                        Last edited by Albion; 07 October 2005, 04:26 AM.
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                          Well, I've been pleasantly surprised to note that it's had almost overwhelming criticial acclaim over here in the UK so far. Every critic I've read is enthusing wildly over it. One saying it's 'the blockbuster movie you've been waiting for all year'. I've also noticed that almost every critic compares Serenity to the final Star Wars movie (sorry forgotten it's name - was never interested) and says it knocks SW into touch in all areas - plot, characters - but most especially in the realm of SFX.

I was really looking forward to Serenity...until I came into this thread and discovered they killed off Wash. I hadn't expected a character death. I don't like character deaths generally in the SF shows, I watch. So now, to be honest, I'm having second thoughts.

Albion
                          Well first off I gotta say this... if you haven't seen Serenity, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?

The Star Wars movie was Revenge of the Sith... I enjoyed that, but Serenity had much more of an interesting idea and was ten million times more easy to take in believability than SW will ever be

Now, on to your point about Wash and the unfortunate (you should NOT have read this! ) death that he suffered - they did it well, it is at a climactic point in the movie and really adds to the 'holy cow are they gonna get their butts out of THIS one?' feel of the moment.

As a scifi fan who also does not, as a rule, appreciate character deaths - but DOES if they further story plot in a meaningful way - and NOT as a viewer of the series Firefly, I was able to view this pretty objectively and saw that it was a good thing for the movie. It really flowed well with the action of the moment, and the characters were able to react well in each their different way to the death of a key member of their clearly close-knit unit.

Impressively done character death, so don't let it throw you from layin down ya cash to see this

Capt

Comment

Just saw Serenity last night with about 50 of my friends from college (we all wanted to go so group booked the pre-release showing), Oh my God incredible must see it again. Those poor B*@$tards who saw it in may - think about it seeing it once and then having to wait till October to see it again

Wash's death was incredible, After Books death it was like they're OK now no-else is going to die right? And then how suddenly he died and Zoe went all deathwishy and then in the hallway where they were all getting injured - there was a real risk of them dieing, Zoe's suicide walk to the door, Kaylee getting tranqed, Simon's wound and then River running into the Reavers

The battle above Mr. Incredible's planet was so cool, jaw dropping, makes star wars seem like a kids cartoon in comparison.

Other random things:
                            River kicks ass
                            I saw the Reaver thing coming, but masterfully down
                            Modifying Serenity - creepy
                            Just plain coolness
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got back from seeing Serenity.

Wash DIED!!! He was my favourite character. Thought he was gonna kill them all of at one point as a final finger to the network cos I dodn't know he wants to make some more movies. It totally ROCKED

Comment

Working...
                              X