Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren
    Yes, that's why beautiful threads like this exist to point to.

'Course, I'm just perverted enough to wait until you add it to your sig, then go in and change all the levels.
    rofl very good. Sounds like something id do...

Comment

Newbie Question:I have 400 posts, why do i have only one bar...?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
        Newbie Question:I have 400 posts, why do i have only one bar...?
        post count and reputation level aren't directly linked. Post count only reflects how many posts you've made on the relevant sections of the board. Rep level has to do with what people think of those 400+ posts.
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 06 October 2005, 07:06 AM.

Comment

400+??
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
            400+??
            he has done 444 posts, but the figure is likely to change.

Comment

Very nice, Darren. I may be a newb to the forum, but not to Stargate.
              "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Moving this up since people are beginning to get repetitive in their "basics" questions again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Moving this up since people are beginning to get repetitive in their "basics" questions again.
                  This thread was a great idea. I cannot say it enough. It helped me and I have been on GW for a while.

Comment

How do you find out your avatar level...or is that the same as number of posts
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                      How do you find out your avatar level...or is that the same as number of posts
                      Post count determines avatar level. I think the levels were recently changed and I'm not sure what they were changed to, but I'm leaving up the "old" system as a general reference.

Comment

I think it's 2000+ posts before you can use your own avatar.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I think it's 2000+ posts before you can use your own avatar.
                          And I think its 1000 (at least) before you get the 'extended library'. I didn't get anythinh at 800 anyway.
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

ShadowMaat - thanks for this great "Cliffnote" thread. It gives a quick overview and answered my dire question of when I might get a working jello gun. Wish I found it sooner. Thank you for the time and effort you put into it.
                            A Symbiote

Comment

This is a great thread..!

In the 'Science and Tech' subforum, we (a few regulars in the S&T subforum) have made a new thread that we are trying to turn into a concordance to streamline the traffic in the S&T subforum. It is our hope that it will help new posters that may not be familiar or 'savvy' with the Search function here at Gateworld, by providing an ABC concordance they can read directly (as opposed to guessing at key words), or simply ask a regular in the S&T subforum in a post within the thread.

If people will use it, and it is successful, it should help cut down on repeat threads, and it might even be useful to the moderators in quickly finding the best older and more popular threads to merge newer repeat threads with. If any mods are reading, we would like you to consider 'tacking' our thread to the top, as a permanent supplement to the search option.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Thanks so much..!

Seastallion
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I just read this thread for the first time, nice that it's brought up back again Quite handy for all users in general.
                                Maybe Darren can keep you up-to-date so you can keep this superhandy post of yours up-to-date? (just an idea)

Comment

Working...
                                X