Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Q: If green means positive rep and red means negative rep, what do gray squares mean?

It means the person giving you rep is too new and/or has too low a reputation for their rep to affect your rep. I believe that "active" rep kicks in around your 50th post (when you're Jaffa Fodder).
    Just curious here. So those gray reps never come into affect?
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
      no there are natural and will always stay grey.
      Oh okay. Thx. I thought that maybe when the user gets enough posts they affect the rep of the person they gave the positive or negative rep to.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Hi.

I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. How do i go about 'quoteing' several posts in one reply? I can't seem to figure it out, so if someone could let me know i'd appreciate it
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

You click the "+" button (beside the "quote" button) on the posts you want to quote, then hit the "post reply" button at the bottom/top of the page.

Comment

Thanks!!
            sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Hi again. okay so i've got another stupid question

Someone just made a great sig for me and i managed to upload it, but how do i actually put it in my posts?

Would really appreciate some help here
              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Depends where you've uploaded it.

If you've uploaded it to gateworld there should be a "your current signature picture" box in the "edit signature" area. Just click on the "insert signature picture" link beside it and it should add [ SIGPIC][ /SIGPIC] (without the spaces) to the main text box. Then hit "save signature" button.

If you uploaded it outside of gateworld, such as to a photobucket account, then you need to take the url of the image, paste it into the main text area, and add the image tags around it - [ IMG] your link[ /IMG] (without the spaces). Then hit "save signature" button.

BTW when you hit the save sig button it doesn't confirm you've done it it just sends you back to the last page you were looking at. You can check it by looking at your "My Profile" section.

Have fun.
                Last edited by smurf; 02 July 2007, 03:47 AM. Reason: tie-po

Comment

Thankyou soooo much Smurf!
                  sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Hi again.

I tried thte FAQ but it wasn't there and i tried a search here about it but the search engine wouldn't come up with anything. So i was hoping someone could help me out again.

How do you go about posting a pic from your hard drive?

I'd appreciate the help
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                      Hi again.

I tried thte FAQ but it wasn't there and i tried a search here about it but the search engine wouldn't come up with anything. So i was hoping someone could help me out again.

How do you go about posting a pic from your hard drive?

I'd appreciate the help
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3824

Comment

I'm just now ready to use the Buddy and Ignore lists. Question: IF I add someone to my Ignore list will that person find out that I desperately seek to ignore them? And what happens anyway? Are their posts unseen by me at any thread I visit but still seen by others?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                          I'm just now ready to use the Buddy and Ignore lists. Question: IF I add someone to my Ignore list will that person find out that I desperately seek to ignore them? And what happens anyway? Are their posts unseen by me at any thread I visit but still seen by others?
                          They aren't notified when you ignore them. Whenever you ignore someone, any PMs they send you won't show up for you. Any rep points they give you, the comments won't show up (but you still get the points). And, of course, any posts they make in a thread, you won't be able to see (but others will). Also, I don't think people on ignore can use the email link on your profile to email you.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                            They aren't notified when you ignore them. Whenever you ignore someone, any PMs they send you won't show up for you. Any rep points they give you, the comments won't show up (but you still get the points). And, of course, any posts they make in a thread, you won't be able to see (but others will). Also, I don't think people on ignore can use the email link on your profile to email you.
                            Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much for the quickie guide to GW
                              It was highly helpful!
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

thanx for the information

Comment

Working...
                                X