This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith weakness

It has come apparent to me that the wraith have no shields. Even the deadulas weapons had a lot of effect (energy weaapons) and those 1s are weak. Also in Revelations that Asgurd said that they couldn't beam Thor out because of the shields but in the siege 3 u can beam a bloody nuke into the ships.

I don't think they need shields when they have numbers on there side.
    My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

or since their main battles were against ancients and they had drone weapons that seem to go through any shielding known (except for ancients) may have lead them to not bother putting shielding on their ships

Comment

Originally posted by asended god
        It has come apparent to me that the wraith have no shields. Even the deadulas weapons had a lot of effect (energy weaapons) and those 1s are weak. Also in Revelations that Asgurd said that they couldn't beam Thor out because of the shields but in the siege 3 u can beam a bloody nuke into the ships.
        wraith do have a basic shield on the darts for the canopy. But what stopped the beaming of nukes on siege 3

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
          wraith do have a basic shield on the darts for the canopy. But what stopped the beaming of nukes on siege 3
          Spoiler:
          The wraith were able to lock onto the transporter system of the Daedalus and jam it. That prevented nukes from being teleported aboard hive ships.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, some asked Joe Mallozi this question and his answer was short and sweet: Yes, the Wraith have sheilds on their ships!

Comment

well we could just be decived by the fact that we have never seen then in a fight where they take hits. only when the satalite attacked one of them and they were coming out of hyperspace and if i remember right from thor shield can't be used in hyperspace (new order) so they were off when the satalite fired and as for the nukes they were beamed inside the fighter bays. so they could have been easier to get though since they couldn't have a shield all around it. and when they went on the offensive the wraith were once again coming out of hyperspace.

Comment

Okay, hello, I had a really weird idea about Wraith weakness. See you know they've evolved from the iratious bug, which has a problem with salt water, is it possible that the wraith themselves have this weakness as well? I know that it'd be weird if we go many seasons into the show and we find out the weakness was there the whole time and the atlantians were living on it. That was just a few weird thoughts I've had for a while, anyone else?
                McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                  Okay, hello, I had a really weird idea about Wraith weakness. See you know they've evolved from the iratious bug, which has a problem with salt water, is it possible that the wraith themselves have this weakness as well? I know that it'd be weird if we go many seasons into the show and we find out the weakness was there the whole time and the atlantians were living on it. That was just a few weird thoughts I've had for a while, anyone else?
                  That may be one of the reasons the ancients sunk atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                    That may be one of the reasons the ancients sunk atlantis
                    That makes sense, and it'd be weird if it's a while before we're told that on the show. Also I think instead of p-90s, maybe the atlantians should be running around with super soakers, it would save ammo and wouldn't be dangerous if they accidently shoot each other. I know I'm weird but it was just a thought and it'd kinda be funny.
                    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Thier weakness is
                      Spoiler:
                      CHICKEN!

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                        That idea's been passed around since "38 minutes" first aired. The supersoaker bit has always followed on it's heels. It's funny to think about, but I don't think it'd make good TV.

I find it weird that the Ancients were interested in a weakness of the Wraith technology. Ancient firepower has proven more than enough to take out anything of the Wraith's space fleet. For the Ancients, there's no real need to find a weakness in the technology itself. The primary problem the Ancients had was the overwhelming number of Wraith and Wraith military vessels. Unless the weakness made it possible to take out a significant amount of Wraith vessels at once, it really doesn't give the Ancients a tactical advantage large enough to constitue a secret mission and hiding the information from the crew.

EDIT: It occurs to me that the "weakness" could be something that renders the effects of Wraith weaponry useless. It'd prove a significant advantage. Numbers become less meaningful if they can't really hurt you.
                        Last edited by uknesvuinng; 30 September 2005, 11:23 PM.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                          EDIT: It occurs to me that the "weakness" could be something that renders the effects of Wraith weaponry useless. It'd prove a significant advantage. Numbers become less meaningful if they can't really hurt you.
                          like using herring to chop down a tree (sorry just rewatched monty python). But if the wraith weapons use energy or maybe the ships can be deactivated sing EMPs

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                            I find it weird that the Ancients were interested in a weakness of the Wraith technology. Ancient firepower has proven more than enough to take out anything of the Wraith's space fleet. For the Ancients, there's no real need to find a weakness in the technology itself. The primary problem the Ancients had was the overwhelming number of Wraith and Wraith military vessels. Unless the weakness made it possible to take out a significant amount of Wraith vessels at once, it really doesn't give the Ancients a tactical advantage large enough to constitue a secret mission and hiding the information from the crew.
                            I see where you are going, It does seem silly that they say they can win every battle, but not the war, yet they are looking for weaknesses.
                            We all agree that the Wraith technology looks organic, so maybe their technology is modeled after themselves.. If all their ships and weapons use some sort of wireless technology similar to their own telekenisis, then shutting down the source of this / jamming / or intercepting the signal and putting in false information would be a huge advantage to the Ancients winning the war.

Comment

Originally posted by pleed
                              I see where you are going, It does seem silly that they say they can win every battle, but not the war, yet they are looking for weaknesses.
                              We all agree that the Wraith technology looks organic, so maybe their technology is modeled after themselves.. If all their ships and weapons use some sort of wireless technology similar to their own telekenisis, then shutting down the source of this / jamming / or intercepting the signal and putting in false information would be a huge advantage to the Ancients winning the war.
                              the ultimate weapon then would be saltwater

Comment

Working...
                              X