Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Back Firefly! (Idea thread, please participate!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Back Firefly! (Idea thread, please participate!)

There are four kinds of people in this world. Kind A - they like Firelfy, and Kind B - They don't. The only reason that Kind B doesn't like Firefly is because they live under various rocks and in various caves around the world and have not heard of the show let alone see an episode. The moment that you introduce Kind B to Firefly they immediatley convert to Kind A, love at first sight...

Then you have Kind C, the worst of them all, the network executives. To be incredibly succinct, THEY ARE MORONS! Now not all of them are morons, just the stupid ones that cancel good shows before they are finished and make you want to stab them in the heart with a sharp metalic object. Then of course you have Kind D, the network exectutives that bring back good shows after Kind C cancels them. They are in the middle of a viscous war, Kind C cancels, Kind D tries to grab as many of those canceled shows as possible.

What this thread is about is how we attract Kind D (the good guys) to Firefly. We need Firefly back, it is one of a kind it is a great show. It is diffrent than all other Science Fiction shows, it is likeable by almost everyone it has various aspects of entertainment, from science fiction to drama to romance, to shoot-em-up western.

We need Firefly back on the air and the people who have not seen Firefly need it even more, the topic of this thread is how we can get Firefly back, I expect lots of ideas and lots of help. Post your ideas, keep in mind there is already a petition, there are websites, etc. As well keep in mind that money does not grow on trees, so don't throw something out like, "Oh ya we will buy a couple hundred satelites launch them and broadcast the show ourselves!" If you can afford it by all means do so!

Seriously though, we need Firefly back, it is a goal that we must accomplish, if you like the show you have a duty to help get it back on the air.

Keep Flying.

Owen Macri

Clearly there's a Kind E, the advertisers for Serenity, who are trying to kill it with all those crappy commercials.

Comment

Well haven't they sorta with the movie coming out and Sci-fi re-airing the series?

But if you are talking about new eps, I believe one of the stipulations to selling the movie rights to Universal was that Whedon couldn't make another series about the Firefly verse for another ten or so years.

So the movies are the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        Clearly there's a Kind E, the advertisers for Serenity, who are trying to kill it with all those crappy commercials.
        Lol, well I thought what they were trying to do is flood everyones mind with Serenity so they would have a huge turnout at the box office and have someone buy new episodes.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Well haven't they sorta with the movie coming out and Sci-fi re-airing the series?

But if you are talking about new eps, I believe one of the stipulations to selling the movie rights to Universal was that Whedon couldn't make another series about the Firefly verse for another ten or so years.

So the movies are the only way to go.
          I was not aware of that I will have to look into it. If so I will just have to add a few more people to my "People I am going to kill" list. lol, just joking.

But until we find out for certain let's come up with some ways that we could bring the show back.

Owen Macri

Comment

Have you seen those commercials? They suck. They make Serenity look like Resident Evil Apocalypse. The least they could to with those commercials is to try to explain a bit about the backstory for the movie to the people who have never seen or heard of the show.

Comment

I see your point, if I were someone who had never seen the show it may look like just another high-tech blood and thunder have to protect someone who has cool powers movie. I agree it may have been more intelligent to put in some back story or some of the more "cowboy-like" scenes, that would attract more people that have not seen the show before. Don't get me wrong though, I don't believe the commercials are bad, I think they are just trying to attract a group of cats with a dog. Or in normal terms, they are trying to attract new viewers who have not yet seen the show with the bait they would use for loyal fans. However, you never know, humans think strangley and this might just work.

Personally I thought the commercialls were pretty good. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

I'd like nothing better, TV-wise, than for firefly to return. But it won't happen. The stars of the show have - quite naturally and sensibly - taken other parts on other TV shows since it finished, and it was pretty lucky that they were all able to make themselves available for the film. Their career paths probably won't point towards all of them happenning to be available for a TV show at just the right moment that some TV exec finally sees the light.

A series of films would be a very good second best. I'm soooo hoping that the film does well at the box office (everyone please take all your friends to see it and make them take all their friends) so that sequels happen.

Madeleine

Comment

I would really like Firefly to return to TV, as there would be more air-time than a film. But after seeing Serenity, I have to say that I want them to carry on making films. I wasn't sure that Whedon would pull it off, but he has. Serenity was worth a whole series on TV, it's so good. NOW GO SEE IT!

Comment

Read this article on MSNBC this morning:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9504762/

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'd like to think that with the movie coming out, "they" might decide to make new episodes. (If it does well, which I think it will.) I never got to watch the series the first time around. I've been watching since the put it on SciFi Fridays, and now I love it.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Have some optimism, they can make it work!

Thank you everyone for your support.

Owen Macri

Comment

I don't know, I still think the crappy trailers are bad for the movie since the whole point of a trailer is to make people want to see the movie. The trailers for Serenity tells people almost nothing. The least they could have done with the trailer is tell people that the movie is set 500 years in the future, Serenity is the name of a ship, the number of people in the crew, and the fact that they're fugitives, heck maybe they should have even gone as far as tell people what the Alliance is. Imagine that, giving an outline of the setting, characters, and plot of a movie within a trailer.

Comment

I just saw the movie, it is the best movie ever made if you haven't seen it see it if you have see it again, THAT IS AWSOME I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START!

Firefly MUST, MUST be allowed to continue either in episodes, movies, or both, at any cost, it deserves this more than ever, Firefly may be the best series and movie ever made.

Owen Macri

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see anymore television shows. While the television format does allow for more character development, Joss Whedon has discovered that he really enjoys making films and might continue in that vein. The best we can hope for is more sequels... that would make me happy...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X