Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Do Not Read If You Do Not Want To Be Spoiled*
    Jelgate's Two Cents

This episode was in a word.. bad. I'm sorry I felt that this episode counterdicted the science of Stargate. You want to say that the eight cheveron dials you into a new network and not a new galaxy, ok. But it is not possible to do that without a ZPM. It was stated way back in S2 of SG-1 that to maintain a stable wormhole with an 8th chervon requires a ZPM. Now that I'm done with my ranting, I'll go with the stuff I liked. I really enjoyed seeing Tom struggle his return with Horizon. The dreams show that Tom was pshchological tramuatized in the Enloy prisoon camp. David was always there supporting Tom and shows how there friendship has developed. Speaking of Tom, I don't know if its possible to use sheilds to drag an generator through space. I take that back SG-1 did that to asteroid in Fail Safe I when Grant fired Sato and promoted to the captain in the Valiant. I felt that Sieva, Grant, Christine, and Chase were background characters in this episode. They contributed very little to this episode. This episode makes me like Callen even more. In times of crsis he is able to be very calm. Hope your next episode is more enjoyable
    Question

1)Will there be reprecusions now that Horizon is bascially powerless?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      *Do Not Read If You Do Not Want To Be Spoiled*
      Jelgate's Two Cents

This episode was in a word.. bad. I'm sorry I felt that this episode counterdicted the science of Stargate. You want to say that the eight cheveron dials you into a new network and not a new galaxy, ok. But it is not possible to do that without a ZPM. It was stated way back in S2 of SG-1 that to maintain a stable wormhole with an 8th chervon requires a ZPM.
      I have to say, I don't agree that this contradicts anything. It's been said in this episode specifically that these gates are different from the other Stargates. And that's the keyword, "different." So, yes, the way they work is different, but that does not contradict anything, since we've never seen these kinds of gates on SG-1 or Atlantis. If these were the same gates, I'd agree; it would be a huge contradiction. But considering that they're not the same gates, my oppinion is that we should be free to make them work however we'd like to... within reason.

I actually don't recall the exact explanation for how they were trying to use the eight chevron without a ZPM, but I do recall that it didn't work out too well, and nearly ended up destroying the station.

I felt that Sieva, Grant, Christine, and Chase were background characters in this episode.
      With a large cast, this tends to happen. But I like that actually; it's an ensemble show. Especially in Season Four we've started approaching it that way more than ever. It ensures that all of the regulars will have their time to shine.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 21 November 2007, 01:28 PM.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        I have to say, I don't agree that this contradicts anything. It's been said in this episode specifically that these gates are different from the other Stargates. And that's the keyword, "different." So, yes, the way they work is different, but that does not contradict anything, since we've never seen these kinds of gates on SG-1 or Atlantis. If these were the same gates, I'd agree; it would be a huge contradiction. But considering that they're not the same gates, my oppinion is that we should be free to make them work however we'd like to... within reason.

I actually don't recall the exact explanation for how they were trying to use the eight chevron without a ZPM, but I do recall that it didn't work out too well, and nearly ended up destroying the station.
        If thats the case, then they should have never gotten a lock to the Milky Way gate system.

With a large cast, this tends to happen. But I like that actually; it's an ensemble show. Especially in Season Four we've started approaching it that way more than ever. It ensures that all of the regulars will have their time to shine.
        That was in no way a negative comment,just a comment. I understand that in a large cast not everyone gets a part. Ever think about killing someone off
        Jelgate is right

Comment

If thats the case, then they should have never gotten a lock to the Milky Way gate system.
          Why not? The fact that they're different doesn't mean that they can't connect to each other. Like I said, I really don't remember the specifics of how they tried to dial the Earth gate, I'd have to read the episode again first. But with regards to ZPMs... it's possible that one day they might attempt this again, with a ZPM.

That was in no way a negative comment,just a comment. I understand that in a large cast not everyone gets a part. Ever think about killing someone off
          Sure. We've thought about that.

Comment

Because its been stated that it takes massive amounts of energy to dial different gate systems, something only a ZPM can provide
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Because its been stated that it takes massive amounts of energy to dial different gate systems, something only a ZPM can provide
              I'm pretty sure that's because of the energy requirement to get a stable wormhole across 2 galaxies.

Comment

That's actually addressed in great detail in the episode. A lot of thought went into that, making sure that we don't contradict anything.

I'd suggest you re-read the episode, and pay specific attention to the scenes in which these things are explained.

Comment

Working...
                X