Clear All

A Time To Survive (202)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "A Time To Survive"

"A Time To Survive" (Part Two of Two)
    Ep: 2.02
    Release Date: September 29th 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

While Grant, David, and Tom must find a way of escaping the Enoly prison camp, De’van Callen and the Horizon crew find themselves facing a threat which could easily lead to the end of peace inside Vorian space.
    Outstanding
    66.67%
    Good
    25.00%
    Fair
    8.33%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 02 October 2005, 09:37 PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

"A Time To Survive" has now been released. We've switched to an earlier release time (4 pm EST). Don't think too many people will complain.

Follow the link to get to the Stargate: Horizon homepage, where the episode will be available for download. Then don't forget to stop by for comments and discussion!

Comment

Hi there Alex. First of all I think that its great that you have brought forward the release time for the episodes, and second of all I thought that it was awesome that you managed to publish episode's 201 "making of" just a couple of days after the episode first "aired." This was a great episode (as usual ) that evenly balanced action with character development scenes. I am really starting to like Callen, and I think that you guys are doing a great job with this character. I also really liked the development of
      Spoiler:
      Tom
      (it felt weird to spoiler out a character's name!!). It was cool to see that his personality, and not just his physique, has changed in those 2 yrs and that his warrior side (as was hinted at by Master Krovs'c in episode 210) was shown. Great stuff guys
      Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
      ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
      <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'll have to work some more on the Making Of for this one today, so that we can release it on time.

Comment

Which is tomorrow?

I really liked this, a great ending to ATTR. Like in the one before, I had one little scene I just loved and that was Toms underwater stunt. Callen is turning into a really great character and this new development in Vorian space should prove to be interesting.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Nice to see Grant having a little Kirk-moment with ripping his shirt off...

Brilliant episode. Good mix of everything that makes Stargate shows so great - drama, humour, action, etc. Very different from the more 'quiet' At Time to Rise. Callen's a good character, and the Kih'Andari story is great. The thing with Horizon being in their space sounds like it'll get very interesting.

Comment

Review

"A Time To Survive" gets off to a great start, Tom thinking that David is an hallucination was brilliant. Tom's story was great, again a very surprising direction to take, opening his character a lot more and just...wow, what a way to resolve that particular mystery. He was gone a long long time, I wonder what else happened to him other than getting captured? It was great to see he hasn't just been resting too but coming up with a cunning plan to escape. His vicious actions at the end of the episode show that his character is suffering some real consequences from his time away.

Great to see another style of Enoly, they really are becoming a very varied and very nasty kind of enemy. Really looking forward to seeing their continued evilness. Their Hot-Prison solitary area was a nice touch, heat being the worst thing for an Enoly after all.

The Callen/Sonak standoff I really had no idea how it was going to be resolved and I feared some last minute simple solution. Fortunately it remained a great game of nerves between the two, what a great way to introduce Callen to the series.

Grant's fight was great, as was all the action in this episode. The prison scenes were tense and exciting.

This episode really was a perfect companion to the first, multi-part stories really are turning out to be Horizon's specialty.

The only negative note comes from Zach, Haven't warmed to him really, though there is humour value which broke up the seriousness on station, and I don't think he's really a character that's meant to be liked, there to irritate the crew and reader alike. In this respect he is rather well written.

A great kick off for season two.
              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Do Not Read If You Don't Want To Be Spoiled
                Jelgate's Two Cents

Time travel makes my head hurt. That said this was a pretty good episode. I always found the Vorians to be in a word, arrogant. That is what I truly like about Callen. He is not an arrogant person and he is a very bright person. He can be diplomatic but he also knows when to fight. That said that was a huge bluff when he took a shot at the Vorian separatist. I sure wouldn't like to be playing poker. So the Ancient control chair in Ultrea caused Tom time travel back to two years in the past. Have I mentioned how much I hate time travel. You can definatly tell how much Gorlon hates Grant. This new form of Enloy was very interesting. I would like to say how much I loved the elaborate plan that Tom and David devloped. I barely understood it which tells me it was complicated. A cold war is brewing in the Horiozn system. Only time will tell if that cold warm becomes hot
                Question/Quote

1)What is the relevance of Zach Hoffman.
                David:Oh... I was just working just working on carrying out an elaborate escape plan
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                X