• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 minutes 13 seconds
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh dear... 7 minutes... we'll all go over 10 in that case...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I focused on Janet and Hammond's face. After that the white blue uniforms easily connect which is half the puzzle
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I focused on Janet and Hammond's face. After that the white blue uniforms easily connect which is half the puzzle
          The master's teachings... as young padawans we must remember them.

Comment

7 minutes 13 seconds
            6 minutes 51 seconds

Comment

Don't you want to rub it in a little bit?
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Don't you want to rub it in a little bit?
                Mostly, I need to savor the moment. Don't know when it'll happen again (in good circumstances).

Comment

Kind of okay, although not one I'm really into. what I liked the most were the costumes; looking very authentic 19th century Scandinavian (they weren't Vikings forever), and the big hat on the priest reminded me of the coroner from Munchkinland.
                  I also liked the extras. They reacted very well, with all kinds of expressions of fear and concern. Even one woman looking from a window while the main characters spoke gave a good expression. Good job on directing them.
                  It's nice to see an occupied village that looks like it's actually lived in.
                  Did the Asgard or didn't they? fade out to credits.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
                    Kind of okay, although not one I'm really into. what I liked the most were the costumes; looking very authentic 19th century Scandinavian...
                    Friend of mine owns one of the dresses the women wear when they first meet SG-1 at the gate.
                    It's really heavy fabric they used there.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

While it is quintessential Stargate - Jack O'Neill quips, Carter speculates and solves, Daniel makes a plea and connects with the village morons, Teal'c raises his eyebrows - the episode was engaging and fun. However, I thought almost all aspects of it are extremely silly and laughable on 2nd or 3rd viewing. I found these loopholes/plotholes overall -

* the wormhole does not travel through regular space. It would travel through subspace. Otherwise there's a wormhole coming from space down to Cheyenne mountain before opening. And can people see it? Does it pass through houses and aeroplanes? No. So they never actually go through the Sun (even in the other episode where they time travel using the Sun should not be so)

* they keep going back and forth through the Sun repeatedly and add more exotic particles to the Sun but it doesn't turn even more redder from the original time they come through nor does anything about the Sun change

* the silliness around building a rocket in 3 weeks. I mean really? So they dismantled and existing rocket launch pad in Houston or Cape Canaveral, FL or wherever and transported it inside of 3 weeks in small pieces to fit through the Stargate without anyone knowing or asking and then getting it reassembled? By whom? There's like dozens of contracted companies with civilians who do this work. How did a small secret SG command get this going without anyone knowing? Not to mention they also got liquid oxygen and other fuels too? And calculated the physics, launch angle, date, optimum time etc. within the same 3 weeks? Really?

* the Mcclarium is brought to SG and they talk and make the exchange in front of the Stargate? Really? Why bring the professor in? To make him part of SG? or Area 51?

* Wormholes don't work the way Carter speculates. She of all people should/would know the wormhole transmits matter as energy which is reconverted back to matter only at the Stargate other end. If you shut it off, it would just get rid of that energy(maybe?) into subspace? Who is converting it to matter if the SGC shuts down the wormhole abruptly? And they toss this all out a few episodes later in 48hrs with a concept of a Stargate buffer. Really? Without the DHD where is the buffer? In the ring itself or held at the subspace boundary? But at least in that episode they brought in the DHD with control crystals and all that

Anyways, the show is amazing and I love it but I feel these are all worth laughing about. It can still be an amazing show despite this.

Comment

Working...
                        X