No announcement yet.

Red Sky (505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you just love (religious) fanatics?

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostAntique View Post
      Don't you just love (religious) fanatics?
      I prefer these fanatics to the ones in New Ground (319). At least this guy was entertaining, starting fires and stuff!

Comment

Oh yes, those were some loveable guys, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
          I prefer these fanatics to the ones in New Ground (319). At least this guy was entertaining, starting fires and stuff!
          After rewatching S1 through Ep 7 of S5, i would have to disagree. I feel these fanatics were JUST as bad as those in New ground. BOTH unwilling to listen to reason.

Comment

You always find people unwilling to listen to reason - that's very real!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Fanatics by definition don't listen to reason, if by reason you mean arguments that contradict their beliefs.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I think you just described a shipper
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I think you just described a shipper
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's because shippers are one form of fanatic.

So are some non-shippers. Personally, I'm a "I don't see it, but fine if you do" for both directions (and any variation on the ship aspect).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

"It is no coincidence that this happens moments after they arrive! The Elves are the harbingers of our doom!"

Hmmm... either this guy is very superstitious... or he's seen this show and knows that when SG1 shows up, bad things ALWAYS happen!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amelius View Post
                        "It is no coincidence that this happens moments after they arrive! The Elves are the harbingers of our doom!"
                        Hmmm... either this guy is very superstitious... or he's seen this show and knows that when SG1 shows up, bad things ALWAYS happen!

Perhaps there are actually warnings moving around the galaxy about what to expect when SG-1 or any SG-team arrives on your planet. Like an advanced warning system.

#ProperStargateRewatch review coming up (watched it while the forum was off galavanting):

This episode is like Demons (s3) but a lot more tolerable to watch. Blind followers of faith who are unable to think for themselves and seem unable to make up their own minds but instead have "gods" decide their faith in life. Oh goddess... Think for yourself man!

Also, them willingly go to their deaths... yeah, not worth saving, especially when they do everything in their power to stop others from helping them. Not all of them, but that Malkus-guy sure had his followers. I was so with Jack after the destruction of that rocket. Not worth their time.

Martin Wood and Sergeant Siler in the gate room, playing with the giant wrench again, pretending to work. They keep showing up like little easter eggs. =P

How would you rate SG-1's "Red Sky?"

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair
                        Poor
                        Terrible

Comment

Something rare is happening. I disagree with FH. I love this episode. Its a metaphor for why I love S5. I like how this season shows how inadequate our dialing computer is to a DHD. Also I like how it shows the limits of our alliance with the Asgard. Not everyone can be Thor. Also love the ambiguous nature of what fixed the sun. Its a rare excellent for me
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this episode was good. I can understand Jack's frustration, but I think Jack was being a major jerk by trying to tell the people that their god wasn't god. Their whole society is based on faith, and trying to convince them otherwise just seemed to be part of his snit from what Malchus did.

I sort of liked that the Asgard couldn't just bail out the planet for what SG1 caused. Jack just expected that they would fix it-- sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to. Jack is definitely not put in the best light in the episode, that is for sure.

What I did like was Daniel defending the people and their faith, Sam realizing how she royally messed up, and did all in her power to remedy the situation, and the Asgard (maybe) helping by finding a loophole in the treaty with the Goa'uld.

I actually really liked the bearded guy, Elrad ( I think that is his name).

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              I think this episode was good. I can understand Jack's frustration, but I think Jack was being a major jerk by trying to tell the people that their god wasn't god. Their whole society is based on faith, and trying to convince them otherwise just seemed to be part of his snit from what Malchus did.
                              Devil's advocate (no pun, I swear) -- Jack telling the people that Freyr is just a grey/pink alien with a big head, black eyes and toothpicks for arms and legs, wasn't so farfetched. It seem to me that in general, people do this all the time. Those who believe in a god and those that don't will continually try to tell the others that their bearded dude in the sky is fictional, while the other side will say that the bearded dude in the sky will smite you down for not believing there's a bearded dude in the sky.

Of course, the bearded dude could also be a dudette... I'm making a general observation in this case.

Anyhow... I bring forth the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzle for anyone looking for some non-mandatory fun:

3-episode quiz: Red Sky, Rite Of Passage & Beast Of Burden

Jigsaw puzzle: Red Sky

Comment

11/15. 11:10

Comment

Working...
                                X