No announcement yet.

The Fifth Man (504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons actually got his a** kicked in this one.

Especially by Sam

Comment

Lt. Tyler who doesn't exist, and is a funky looking alien instead... one we never hear from again.

It's an interesting episode nonetheless, but it's too bad we never hear or see the Reole again. They sounded like an interesting species.

Anyhow... Fraiser saves the day. Simmons gets pawned by Carter and Teal'c, and Hammond afterwards. And lots was being blown up... I like them big explosions (makes for a good trailer).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

At least the Reol chemical was still used later on (in Summit, Last Stand and Company of Thieves)...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm not that far ahead... and obviously can't remember that much info from other viewings.

Comment

Liked the episode but not the special effects. I thought the actor that plays Q on star trex was going to turn out to be an alien.

Typical of scifi shows but I didn't care for them over coming the number of enemies they faced with such a small number of people. How could beings that lose to such small numbers ever become that powerful.

Comment

Is it just me, or do all of Teal'c's lines sound obviously dubbed in this episode?
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

He had lines?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  He had lines?
                  Indeed
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Strange note, years later, anyone notice the Jaffa were green?... I always suspected they might have been Yu's Jaffa, but evidence doesn't seem to exist, anyone know anything?...

Comment

Green? In color? No, can't say I ever noticed that. Or do you mean inexperienced?

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Nice character that running whatchamacallit!
                        Otherwise, not my ep.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Hadn't seen this episode in a long time, couldn't even remember exactly what the deal with 'Tyler' was. But enjoyed it very much on rewatch.

Very predictable in parts...you have to know that SG-1 will return just in time to help Jack with the Jaffa attack, and that SG-1 will come to Tyler's aid even after he tries to turn himself in. But still fun to watch, especially Teal'c with his mini cannon

Can't say how much I despise Simmons. But I love Teal'c's 'I would not hesitate to kill you' line just as much as his 'dismember you' line to Maybourne

They should have moved this episode back one so it would be the fifth episode of the fifth season

Comment

Well, all the time we know that or heroes will survive, so it's always predictable. Sudden death of SG1 would have meant 'The End'!
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

I'm a little torn over this episode. On the one hand, I really like it, but at the same time, I feel its missing something more. I just can't put my finger on it.

It's a good story -- very contained. It has a lot of things going on but everything stays in its own lane, sort of. Not a lot to be confused about -- about what's happening. A very simple story at its core too, but with lots of explosions. Who doesn't love a good explosion.

Some great character interaction, and of course, Janet sorta saving the day.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Fifth Man?"

Excellent
                              Good -- because Janet gets to save the day and I love explosions
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible

3-episode quiz: Threshold, Ascension & The Fifth Man

Jigsaw puzzle: The Fifth Man
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 21 June 2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I think the problem is you have two stories FH. You have the Jaffa threat and you have Simmons and the NID taking advantage of Tyler. Their is a lot going on. Despite this I quite like this episode. I like Simmons as an adversary. I also thought the Reoloe were interesting
                                Pity we never see them again. Its a good. 13/14 on the quiz because apparently one lacks a correct answer and 7 minutes 444 seconds on one of the weirdest puzzles
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X