The Fifth Man (504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Its a good. 13/14 on the quiz because apparently one lacks a correct answer and 7 minutes 444 seconds on one of the weirdest puzzles
    Oops, I'll get that fixed when I get home tonight.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

13/14 on the quiz because apparently one lacks a correct answer and 7 minutes 444 seconds on one of the weirdest puzzles
      I fixed the quiz.

Considering I was tempted to use the mask of Ra originally... I'd say you got lucky.
      I'm so ready to say goodbye to that intro.

Comment

I've got the S1-S5 syndication intro
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I've got the S1-S5 syndication intro
          Only on the dvd's of season 1 and 2. On tv, it's Ra's mask from season 1 to 5 ... and I can assure you, that's frustrating after a long while, so I'm really looking forward to the change.

I didn't even know there were other intros until I got the DVD's.

Comment

Im actually watching through my Hulu account. My DVDS show the syndication intro for S1-S3 and the Ra mask for S4 and S5. I never saw the Ra mask watching it on Hulu
            Jelgate is right

Comment

11/15. 9:27

I really enjoyed this episode! The Reol are way cool. I love how Jack didn't change how he was fighting when Lt. Tyler told him the truth about himself. I wish we could have seen more of the Reol in future episodes, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I love how Carter, Teal'c , and Daniel didn't answer Simmons questions and turned it around on him. I loved that Janet tested herself to figure out what was happening.
              Last edited by BethHG; 05 July 2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

At least this time our intriguing aliens stated up front that we wouldn't be seeing them again, instead of implying that we would and having the writers forget to follow through.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  At least this time our intriguing aliens stated up front that we wouldn't be seeing them again, instead of implying that we would and having the writers forget to follow through.

Seaboe
                  It is always nice to be forewarned.

Comment

...7 minutes 444 seconds on one of the weirdest puzzles
                    7:50

Just 6 seconds slower.

The jigsaw is an homage to the unsung heroes of the SGC -- there.

Comment

The UAV?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The UAV?
                        I knew you were going to say that. Yes, the UAV... they are only second to the MALP's.

Comment

Poor FRED gets no love
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Poor FRED gets no love
                            Totally forgot about him.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I've watched this episode twice within the last month... largely because I'd only seen in once during SyFy Channel's Monday night 6 - 10 pm syndication of the series in 2003 (has it been that long?!)

The episode stuck with me and I wanted to test our old Apple TV before giving it to my parents (whereupon they will fail to ever use it owing to the complexities of getting them to actually switch the television input signal from DirecTV to the Apple TV, irrespective of how much they complain about DirecTV and the cost...) and I found it captivating all over again, recognized 'Lt. Tyler' from 'War Games'? (Scratch that, it was 'Rules of Engagement') Guessing here, the ep where they find teenagers posing as G'o'uald and SG teams to train for combat. Stargate SG-1 dropped off of Amazon Prime right after I finished this episode. I have to say, Amazon had the best picture quality of any of the streaming services.

Love the aspects others have mentioned; Hammond's reaction to T'ealc, Carter and Jackson's repeated referencing of a 'Lieutenant Tyler.' Also, one of the last scenes where Tyler asks Jack:
                                "Why did you come back for me?"

Jack: "I told you, because we don't leave our people behind."

Tyler: "But I am not one of your people..."

Jack: "Could'a fooled me.'

Love that exchange. Great episode. The FX of Tyler in his original form do not age well but this is a minor issue.

Goof: The staff cannon T'ealc removed from the Glider bears little resemblance to how it appeared on the glider while firing.
                                Last edited by photoglyph; 31 March 2021, 01:54 PM.
                                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Working...
                                X