What is Horizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Horizon?

What in the World is Stargate Horizon? I had never heard of it until I came to this site. I kind of figured that it is an online thing but what is the Story behind it?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

http://www.stargatehorizon.com/about.php

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
      What in the World is Stargate Horizon? I had never heard of it until I came to this site. I kind of figured that it is an online thing but what is the Story behind it?
      From what I can tell, it's just a much glossier version of fan fiction.

Comment

It's just some kind of a script.You can't watchin it....only read it.
        It's seet some years in the future and from what I heard it was tought off before Stargate Atlantis.
        In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Well I suggest this be moved to the SGH folder on this board but yeah...

Stargate Horizon is whats called a virtual series. An episode is put up for download weekly at the exact same time each week. You download the PDF and then you can read a script which is like 80 pages. They include a little more detail than an average script so reading it is easier. It has an on running storyline and uses original characters and plots.

Comment

Its 80 pages long because thats how long an actual script for SG is.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The format we're using for the scripts gives them an average length of around 80 pages. However, that's not anywhere near as long as it might seem.

The average length for a Stargate shooting script is around 45 pages, where each page is considered a minute of screen time. In our format plus the added detail, we've come to realize that two pages would roughly be a minute on screen. You can test that by just going through a scene and only reading the dialogue in the way you'd picture the characters would be saying it. Of course this varies, depending on if it's a scene with a lot of dialogue or if it's an action sequence. Action sequences can seem long when you read them, but they'd only be a few seconds on screen (in our case that is).

So, most episodes would have the regular length of a television episode. We've had some that have ended up a bit long, but we do try and keep them at a regular length, which is why starting with "A Time To Survive" you'll be seeing some deleted scenes, which will be released along with the Making Of features. Since "A Time To Rise" is a special length episode, no scenes were deleted. We cheated a bit on that one.
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

You sure told me.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I feel real sorry for you mate, you must have explained and re-explained yourself a million times before. heheh (I totally mean no disrespect meant to anyone ) I think that its great that people are taking an interest in the show. I know that it might seem a little "intimidating" at first when you download episode 101 and get hit with 100+ pages but trust me you guys, its well worth it
                  Last edited by StevetheWraith!; 27 September 2005, 02:00 PM.
                  Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                  ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                  <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Indeed, the reading of it gets easier, and there's even a noticable improvement between Season One and Season Two. By Season Two, you should have no trouble reading the scripts.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                    X