This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great writing on Atlantis makes SG-1 pale
    And when exactly is that supposed to start?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      And when exactly is that supposed to start?
      Had the same thought myself

Comment

Even thou there has been a few truly bright spots on the sky of SG-1 this season (Vala being one of them), as a whole I have found SGA much more entertaining. SG-1 has feelt a bit unbalanced, while Atlantis has had great stories and wonderfull characters. I don´t feel any cheesines at all, and I have seen almost every Sci Fi series out there. I know cheesy when I see it..

I am even starting to warm up to Teyla. This season she has been more than just the "token" alien, and turned into an interesting person. And she finaly got rid of all her irritating countrymen, not one second to late...

And.. I just say.. McKay.. wow.. what a character.. He´s awesome!

/C
        The masochist said to the sadist
        - hit me!
        The sadist answered
        - no...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          Of course, BSG still beats them both when it comes to cliffhangers.
          You know I'm slightly more excited to see what happens to BSG. Most likely because they have the most to loose between all the shows. It's like atlantis in Siege part II last season, very cliffhangerish!

Comment

I think that both shows are good but it seems that since Atlantis got the zpm it has lost direction. Focusing on smaller story arcs instead of larger ones. I think I am much more interested in where SG-1 is going compared to Atlantis. I think Atlantis is good but there are just some things that don't add up. They don't really seem to have changed how they operate in light of the fact that the Wraith think that Atlantis was destroyed. You would think that there would be some more changes in light of their thought destruction. Also I thought that the Wraith would of gone back to Atlantis to get a hold of the wreakage of Atlantis. So I guess I just enjoy seeing where SG-1 is going. The threat there seems much more important than the Wraith since the Wraith are currently isolated compared to the Orii who are in the milky way right now or at least have their followers there and now have a foothold in the galaxy not just in terms of priors but growing legions of followers.

Comment

i think the writing has to do with the fact that in most of the sg1 esp there are a lot of stories going on at once. there is the ori, fjn, and sg1 this changes the dynamics of the show greatly,while on sga there is still only shep and his team for the most part. There is very little story besides the main characters like sg1 used to be. so in sort basically many stories at once makes it a bit more daunting a task to watch sg1 and sga is still the stargate of old so to speak.

Comment

Love Atlantis, Love Sg-1 a little more. I admit some of the eps on sg-1 were a little boring but there were more Atlantis eps I didn't really care for as well. Aurora was boring imho, Prototype was better. Fourth Horseman I liked a lot, loved Trinity better than what was on SG-1 at the time, other than that in my personal opinion they've been kinda even.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel J. Tilden
                  SG-1 has been looking rather old and tired compared to Atlantis as of late. I don't know if it's just the writing or the actual age of the actors but at this point I'm enjoying Atlantis a lot more than its progenitor.
                  Well, you have SG-1 writers trying to write around 2 absent characters; one permenantly gone in the case of O'Neill. Give them time to find their footing and I believe that Sg-1 will be back as good as ever...I hope. I'm still not sure the Vala storyline was the way to go, but alas, I am but a fan. We've gotten very little on Mitchell so far. We do know that from his background he is worthy of his new command. Let's give TPTB some more time with his character and hope for the best. Also, I rather liked the Baal/clone twist: We'll never know if we got them all or even the right one...and what's the difference, anyway?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                  X