Or Thor/Hemidall
    You know it makes sense
    It does indeed.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by falcon horus View Post
      relief?

You thought you heard it wrong in the dubbing?
      no!
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

This, like several other episodes, leaves a lot open in the end. I would've enjoyed seeing a conversation between Sam and Daniel about what she experienced when she merged with the wispy alien guy. You know he didn't die when he took the bomb away. I mean, they can make themselves non-corporal. He would easily be able to do that just before it exploded and survive the blast. So why didn't he come back to Sam?

I'd also like to have seen the conversations between SGC and the government after everything happened. Did they not try to reverse engineer the makeshift Stargate in Carters basement? It was made from parts ordered online. Given it had a one-time usage limit, but it wasn't destroyed. Seems like they could've made another (better) one by investing a bit of time on it.

Comment

Maybe it was not only one-time usable but also self-destructive.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
            Maybe it was not only one-time usable but also self-destructive.
            Although I like this idea, I do feel it would have been logical to show this if it was true. Instead we're led to believe that the government now have their hands on a home made Stargate and they're like "Nah, not like we're ever gonna need this". In my opinion, it's a flaw that could have been repaired but never was...
            Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
            Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
            Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

It didn't self-destruct. We saw it after it was used when O'Neill and the others were standing in front of it. Also, the alien said it would 'burn out'. He didn't say it would explode.

Comment

Perhaps, after it burnt out, what it left behind could not be analyzed other than as an odd conglomeration of household materials.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

So I guess Orlin was watching Carter when she was getting undressed for bed.. The making an emerald thing was pretty cool. And interesting to see a mini-vortex effect, I guess there's no reason why you can't go from a small wormhole entrance to a larger one on the other side. I wonder how much her bill was or if SGC covered the costs

First apperance for John de Lancie, one of the few Stargate actors I've met, he makes a better NID villain than the overly comical Maybourne.

Comment

Ah, Sean Patrick Flanery as Orlin --*thunk*

Aaaaanyway...

A desolate planet where a big, honkin' spacegun is the only thing left standing, amongst the ruins of a monument build to commemorate the victory the people had over the Goa'uld.

And nobody finds that in the least bit suspicious? I mean, the Tolan once told a story about how they assisted a planet build defensive weapons and when they had served their purpose they turned on each other. Really, no one remember that?

I guess, the big honkin' spacegun is just too much of a distraction for a military organization to be worried about consequences to people using it, or abusing it for their own gain.

Meh...

Orlin is hilarious, trying to fit in and coming of as a total creep in the process. I'm sure he didn't mean to but his method could use some serious work. I'm sure Carter agrees. AND HE BUILD A STARGATE IN CARTER'S BASEMENT!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?

Also, that's going to be one hell of a credit card bill...

And in the end he saves the day, and gets another chance from the others. Aw, poor Sam though.

I'm giving this an excellent cause it's one of those episodes I never get tired of. It has good character interaction. Some really nice guests and antagonists. Suspension and mystery. More on ascension. And hey, the SGC does have bathrooms -- if ever anyone was wondering about that.

How would you rate SG-1's "Ascension?"

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

3-episode quiz: Threshold, Ascension & The Fifth Man

Jigsaw puzzle: Ascension
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 21 June 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

As FH says a lot, something is missing. That is what I feel about this episode. I'm feels like we are going through the motions in this episode. The weapon and the planet turning on one another is something we have seen time and time again on SG1. I suppose we learned a little about ascension but nothing groundbreaking. The one thing I did love was the introduction of the worse NID opperatives. I loved Simmons as an antagonist. I'm.calling it fair with 8 minutes 14 second
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

11:49

I love Orlin-- he is a cutie!

The Pentagon spying on Carter--boo!

Teal'c loving Star Wars--fantastic! I was loving his outfit too!

Orlin saved Sam and SG 16 when he ascended again. Sad for Sam though.

I think this episode is excellent!

We are flying through these episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          ...8 minutes 14 second
                          8 minutes 27 seconds

Just 13 seconds slower -- damn, so close.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

The one-use stargate was cool and the bit with cowboy hat Teal's and Jack's pizza was fun, but eeew I cringed with that creepy ascended alien... Not very ascended in the basic humans first and basic interactions departement

I was expecting something else from an episode called "Ascension"

Comment

Not very ascended in the basic humans first and basic interactions departement
                                I guess being forcibly isolated for four hundred years among the graves of all the people whose deaths you caused will do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X