This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Corpse Bride: rated PG?!?!?!?!?!

Really, a movie like that would have terrified me as a kid. What's PG, that's parental gaurdian, 7 year olds? 9 and up and preferably with a parent? Please! That movie is for mature audiences equipped with crude humour! It's a horrifying looking, ghastly, garish, guaranteed night-mare. I'm sure the kiddies will love it though...I cam just hear giggles as franken-bride's eyeball pops out and a huge worm crawls out. Monstrous....does anyone besides me think someone needs to take a double take at the ratings they're giving some of these "wholesome family movies"?
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

I think it should have been pg-13, just because of the ghastly look. I liked it, but I agree with you, it would have scared me as a little kid.
    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I agree that the ratings seem to be far more relaxed than they used to be. I have also noticed an alarming tendancy for toy manufacturers to make action figures aimed at young kids of characters from certificate 15 and 18 films.
      sigpic

Comment

Kids like to be scared by movies, don't forget Doesn't take much to scare them though (EXTERMINATE! ring a bell?)
        You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
        And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Working...
        X