No announcement yet.

Threshold (502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really surprised by how much I liked this ep. This is the one that finally made his initial conversion to the Tau'ri believable to me.

Usually I don't find the stories that take place on Chulak all that interesting, but finally getting some background info and fleshing out of his character before he met SG-1 is something I can get into. Perhaps it just makes his character more believable in general since we're able to see him while he is still brainwashed by Apophis; he wasn't always as sympathetic as he was when Jack asked him to join them, and I thought it was just too convenient of him to turn on his fellow Jaffa and leave his home when some guy from Earth asked him to.

Quite frankly, when Teal'c first told Jack that he was the first person he believed could save those people, as opposed to the many others who had said the same thing, I was wondering... "Why him?"

Sorry, Jack. ;p
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

And again I watched only to find out, that I really do not like episodes that focus on Teal'c. It is not about CJ - he did a fine job. It is the character of Teal'c that just does not strike as someone I want to know much about. It is a supportive Character, not one that can carry a show.

Still, I got a kick out of the Daniel/Jack talks and the humour involved. Just love how they manage to do their dialogues as if they were not acting at all, but instead having real spontaneous conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by enibas5 View Post
        And again I watched only to find out, that I really do not like episodes that focus on Teal'c. It is not about CJ - he did a fine job. It is the character of Teal'c that just does not strike as someone I want to know much about. It is a supportive Character, not one that can carry a show.

Still, I got a kick out of the Daniel/Jack talks and the humour involved. Just love how they manage to do their dialogues as if they were not acting at all, but instead having real spontaneous conversations.
        I really liked how they transitioned from the dreams to the reality... my favourite being
        Daniel: "Woman? Did he just call me a woman?"

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Good background of Teal'c, good medical acting.
          Not my favourite, sorry.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

An episode focusing on Teal'c, I know realize, was literally far overdue. 5 seasons in and we finally get to learn how Teal'c became First Prime to Apophis and how the doubt in his mind came to full fruitation.

There are some epic lines in this one when Jack and Daniel are taking turns talking to Teal'c, trying to make him remember the path he chose to walk.

There's Doctor Fraiser fighting for Teal'c's survival, and having to go against her very oath as a Doctor to get things done. The struggle is real. She's fierce.

And Bra'tac... love it every time he makes an appearace.

Junior looked like a rubber snake in a tank -- very lifeless. It was a distraction in the background.

How would you rate SG-1's "Threshold?"

Excellent
            Good
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible

3-episode quiz: Threshold, Ascension & The Fifth Man

Jigsaw puzzle: Threshold
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 21 June 2018, 01:48 PM.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes just for the flashbacks. I love seeing how Bra'tac and Tealc form their Bond and how the former showed Tealc that Apophis was not a good and more why Tealc helped SG1 escape that prison. I give it my rare excellent

5 minutes 32 seconds
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

8:47

I really liked learning more about Teal'c. I rate this one as excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                  I really liked learning more about Teal'c. I rate this one as excellent!
                  It sure took them long enough to put him front and center though.

Comment

Jigsaw time: 6:18

Comment

My quickest puzzle as of yet: 5:46
                      This episode is being repeated today on CometTV. I'll watch it closer this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_J View Post
                        My quickest puzzle as of yet: 5:46
                        This episode is being repeated today on CometTV. I'll watch it closer this time.
                        Wow, there's a new contender in town.

Comment

The master was still faster
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

And he's not even scared of the competition...

Comment

What competition?
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                What competition?
                                I agree, 9.15 for me.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment