Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Threshold (502)

Default Re: Threshold (502)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    This ep shows how sometimes you can be wrong. When it started I thought, "Oh no, not another clip show!", and was all ready to stop paying attention when I realised it was good. Must have been pretty cold, out in that snow with no shirt on!
    This wasn't even a clip show. None of those scenes had we really seen before, or we saw them from a different perspective.

This was a much needed and much appreciated filling in of some of the blanks in Teal'c's past.
    Well said -- these were my thoughts exactly.

It was a very well done Teal'c episode, really the only such one I've thoroughly enjoyed so far. It truly enlightened my understanding of Teal'c motivations and depth of emotion.

I felt bad for Janet during this episode, because she really was trying to do her job, and letting him suffer goes against everything a doctor stands for. Clearly, it needed to be done, but I don't know if I would have been able to resist from putting Teal'c out of his pain, had I been there.

Wonderful showing of Brei'tac -- I love how dramatic he is, without being cheesy, and still having a bit of humour. He's a great character, and a true friend to Teal'c.

WOW!!! what an excellent episode and what a great body Christopher Judge has , i like it

I allways want to know about Teal'c past and what made him to betray his believes.

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    Like I said on the CotG thread if they had include that scene between Bra'tac and Teal'c where they are looking through the bars his sudden switch would have made more sense to me, but they didn't and so we have little understanding of his character untill Threshold comes along.
    Also, that scene now gives much more reason and meaning as to why Jack thought reaching out to Teal'c, might actually work. Since he saw him and heard him with Bra'tac, earlier in the cell.

Another great episode.

Great one for Teal'c it makes a lot of difference to see part of his background, before I'd only noticed he had a few female interests. But now his character has a bit more depth and I found it better later on knowing how he became first prime and his relationship with Bru'tak.
    I suppose earlier on they wanted teal'c to be this mysterious alien warrior, but as the seasons have progressed he has been shown to be just like the rest of SG1,with his own fears and hopes and dark background.

Again we get to see more background into the life of Teal'c on Chulak and his time inservice of Apophis, although i think the only reason this panned out this way was because TPTB love having Apophis comeing back even though this time he is dead and not comeing back!

Second Lieutenant

Great character building episode for Teal'c!

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    Again we get to see more background into the life of Teal'c on Chulak and his time inservice of Apophis, although i think the only reason this panned out this way was because TPTB love having Apophis comeing back even though this time he is dead and not comeing back!
    Or is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Yes, Teal'c didn't completely make sense until this ep. His defection in CotG seemed far too sudden, especially when we later discovered how old Teal'c was and how long he had been in Apophis' service.
    This was a much needed and much appreciated filling in of some of the blanks in Teal'c's past.
    Exactly what I was going to say. At first I thought it was just a clip show. Teal'cs brainwashed blind loyalty to Apophis started to get annoying (although necessary to the story).
    But then we get into Teal'cs past, which was very cool. Seeing his progression to first prime, his friends, his former life brings more depth to Tealcs character.
    A powerful moment was when Tealc was shocked by Bratac's revelation that he thinks Apophis is not a god, but he just plays along so he can make a positive different wherever he can. From then on Tealc opens his eyes, taking note of all the non-godly things Apophis does.

I like seeing the alternate views of a previous episode. Like Tealc & Bratac's point of view in the CotG scene, that we never saw in the original, but it flows well and makes much more sense now.

Major General

agreed... And it brings a little more weight to those looks we saw teal'c have IN COTG, when he saw apophis's mate choose amongst those ladies for his new queen...

Loved this ep!!! Great teal'c background. Awesome show!!

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph View Post

I felt bad for Janet during this episode, because she really was trying to do her job, and letting him suffer goes against everything a doctor stands for. Clearly, it needed to be done, but I don't know if I would have been able to resist from putting Teal'c out of his pain, had I been there.
    I too felt for her. I could see it tore her up to not do anything. She could not stand to see him suffer, yet she could not see that living that way would cause him more suffering. Bra'tac mentioned that he knew his ways were foreign to them, yet you could see the doubt in all of them, especially Janet. But this is why I love the show so much, you see the characters are not infallible. So many times they have seen technology or ways different than their own do things that are beyond their medical science and technology yet they have doubts, even expressing it is not possible, when it is happening in front of their eyes. This was one example. I could see Janet waiting to pounce, to try everything she knew medically possible, but I think she was not thinking so much in terms of saving his mind as in keeping him alive, whereas Bra'tac saw the bigger picture and I believe Hammond and they rest of Sg-1 reluctantly saw it too. they knew that returning the symbiote would only keep him alive but his mind would be lost. Sorry I ramble.

I thought this episode was really good cause I learnt more about Teal'cs past and how Bra'tacs so important to him. Isnt it funny when Teal'c calls Daniel a woman.....lol
    Awsome acting by Christopher Judge in this episode

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Threshold (502)

The filming of Teal'c and Bra'tac fighting in the snow was completely and totally amazing. It was cool to see Teal'c with the regular black Apophis sect tattoo, he really did look younger in those sequences. Up until this point we never knew what happened leading up to the point where Teal'c helps SG-1 escape in TCOTG. It turns out that Bra'tac was there behind the scenes watching them when they were capture along with Teal'c. Seeing Va'lar and the way Teal'c fooled the one who would call himself Teal'c's god was fascinating. I wonder how many years it was before SG-1 came to Chulak that Teal'c found out that Apophis was a false god. For that matter I wonder for how long Bra'tac knew that the Goa'uld were false god's.

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

I loved Apophis's chicken suit! Best. Outfit. Ever.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...threshold.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

I diddnt quite get why they couldent just shoot him with the Zat to clear the brainwashing like they did with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeTop View Post
    I diddnt quite get why they couldent just shoot him with the Zat to clear the brainwashing like they did with his son.
    maybe that only works on young jaffa? i don't know but that did cross my mind but i thought this was a more enjoyable way to get rid of brainwashing, because with the ZAT it was just like, I HATE YOU I HATE YOU *zat* I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU and it was too easy. i loved this episode because you see into teal'c's past and where is doubts about the gou'ld came from

This was a great episode where we learn about Teal'c and his past and how he became the first prime of Apophis .

Christopher Judge in one of his best episodes.

Rating: 8/ 10

A good episode in which we see more of Teal'cs past and a bit of Bratacs. Very nice.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Yeah, I Great TealC epsiode imo. I really liked how he stood up for his father in front of his "god". so in his early years deep down he wasnt really that believer of Apophis. So he doubted it always but Bratac guided him in the right direction.,...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast