No announcement yet.

SG-6 Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, seems to me that the in-game stuff to explain it would take up more time than just proceeding separately. I've got SG-5 ready to roll, just have to post Crescent getting her weapons and heading for the gate room.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

...am just so totally lost about what to post and how to continue in the mission-preps...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

We have enough research information, I'd say, next thing should be weaponry and gear. That'd be a swing by the armory, maybe drop a radio message from Tim to Travis mentioned that he and Greg have their gear and meet up in the gate room in X amount of time. He's going to want an M-16, since that's all he knows (most grunts don't get pistols and I've never even seen a P-90). Make him take them anyway.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

When I re-read my post above it sounds like I'm whining, well I'm not. Sorry

It's just that with you on your way on LOA for a long time, I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to even *try* to fill in your shoes, playing Greg
          I'm sure SR and I will work something out, eventually, but right now it just feel,for lack of better words: Overwhelming...

Comment

I'll try to give some baseline for him. Physically, remember that he's a little shorter than average, not intentionally, I set out to make him an inch taller than Emma (she's 5'6", he's 5'7") without thinking about the normal male height being 5'9" (a little under two meters in your half of the world) though doesn't normally think about it too much. Though it'll be something he'd think about faced with a really tall hostile party. His old war wounds don't bother him too much now, though extended running and walking will get to his bad left knee, and a just-right hit in the gut would be bad, though anybody can be taken down that way. He'll pretend the knee isn't bothering him until it gets to the point where he really can't pretend he's not in pain anymore.

Feel free to hit Wikipedia for stuff, I do all the time. He sacrificed classics and literature in college to cram science electives on his schedule, so he knows a little something in almost any hard science. He's an excellent horseman if he had to, though he hasn't been on one since college. Generally has the skills in sports that would come from growing up fairly wealthy, though he's embarassed by coming from a California wine fortune and getting him to admit it to Tim and Travis would be like pulling teeth.

As for the complicated dance of Greg/Emma, he's attracted to her, though knocks off points for her eyes being green, yes he's a little shallow and commitment-phobic. Though he probably wouldn't take it any farther, since he's honest with himself and knows things would probably end with him bailing when things got too deep and ending up with a perfectly good friendship turned into hatred. That's a block he's been around several times before.

I don't think this one would be on his mind until after he's suffering, but he had a son several years ago that he wasn't involved with beyond paying the child support. When the ex-girlfriend re-married, he signed away his parental rights without hesitation when asked to so her new husband could legally adopt the son. It's something that would probably come up high on the "things I should have done differently" list if he's in a bad frame of mind.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

One thought struck me today... Why try and move things along?

We have to wait for SG-still-in-the-Mess-hall to finish up there and in the armoury and in the Infirmary...

SG6 will probably still be at the base when you pick up Greg again after your LOA

Comment

I promise I'll have 7 on the move when I'm back from my short LOA.

We've just been a little busy on our end and one of our members is currently missing.

Comment

Hmmm. We can post for Marcus to speed up things, then if R1D will have some corrections we can always edit the posts like he sees fit.
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Note for the team, I'll be on Rest and Recreation (R&R) from August 1-15, give or take on either side for travel.

So I'll be around close to constantly for a couple of weeks. Greg is going to get delusional once I get back home to the States.

How high does a fever have to be before it starts to get to your brain like that? NG?

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
                      How high does a fever have to be before it starts to get to your brain like that? NG?
                      I've tried to search the web, but failed to get an answer.

Hubby hit 39.6 when he had chicken pox a few years back, and that night he wasn't very coherent He's normal temp's about 36...

On the other hand, we can be a bit fuzzy about the actual readings can we not?

Comment

Working...
                      X