Rodney McKay/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney McKay/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Y'know, there's a very twisted sort of appeal to the idea of Sam/McKay ship. It would probably never work, but it sure is fun to think about it... and I KNOW I'm not the only one thinking about it!

With McKay due to take more of a lead in Atlantis, we'll hopefully be getting some more background information on him which will help us to see just how perfectly (or badly) he and Sam would be matched. And you can't get any more star-crossed than having Romeo & Juliet separated by an entire universe!
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 18 January 2005, 03:00 PM. Reason: typo

First off *slap* I was going to start this thread! Hee hee.

Yes, it is very twisted! I don't what it says about me that I'm attracted to the idea of Sam/Mackay ship...

buuuuut do we have to make it a pro thread? wouldn't it be more fun if we could let anti S/M (oooh that's even funnier!) people in to argue with!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      buuuuut do we have to make it a pro thread? wouldn't it be more fun if we could let anti S/M (oooh that's even funnier!) people in to argue with!
      I dunno... ya think? I just don't care for the idea of people screaming at me, working themselves into bloody froth about what a horrible, nasty, ugly little **** McKay is and how glorified and goddesslike Sam is and how McKay isn't fit to lick the dirt Sam walks on, etc, etc, and that we're all a bunch of incompetent idiots for even THINKING about Sam/McKay when it is a "fact" that they will never get together and it would never work, blah blah blah.

BUt... if you wanna open yourself up to that kind of flak... *shrug* I'll edit my post and you can edit the subject line. You tell me. That way, anything that happens is YOUR fault. After all, I'm just going along with the wishes of a mod like the good little girl that I am.

Comment

hey I'm not taking the blame for anything! This is your thread, you decide

How about, people can post here disagreeing as long as they keep it constructive and don't rant? Or maybe that's too much to ask...!
        sigpic

Comment

How about, people can post here disagreeing as long as they keep it constructive and don't rant? Or maybe that's too much to ask...!
          Yeah, right. And then you get a bunch of people who think it's honestly constructive to tell us to get our heads out of our asses and realize that McKay is a b*stard who deserves to live.

Anyway, I've already edited my first post. NO FLAMES. That rule still stands. Otherwise, "Whatever" ye ruddy fools.

Comment

now now Shadow... you of all people should know that false humility does not suit.

but as for the topic of the thread, this is almost as intriguing as your idea of Luke/Sam ship.

I have to agree that there is a certain chemistry between Sam and McKay. Whether that chemistry provides for a large 'splosion or an itty bitty fizzle, we have yet to find out.

Considering that the ptb seem to be moving sam away from the sam/jack ship then, yes, I think I could handle Mckay as the love interest. They certainly understand the same language - however, McKay does have a lot to learn about Sam's wacky ways and thought processes. He would have to be a whole lot more tolerant than he currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              And then you get a bunch of people who think it's honestly constructive to tell us to get our heads out of our asses and realize that McKay is a b*stard who deserves to live.
              McKay is a b*stard who deserves to live.
              Surely you of all people don't want to see him killed off?
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                Considering that the ptb seem to be moving sam away from the sam/jack ship then, yes, I think I could handle Mckay as the love interest.
                LOL! You honestly believe Sam and Jack won't end up together at the end of the series?? Good on you, then. Me, I know TPTB are gonna hooke 'em up one way or another, but I simply refuse to let that mar my enjoyment of other possible pairings. Sam/Luke is the best, of course. Sam/Pete is the most likely, IMO. Sam?McKay is just plain fun to think about. What lovely, lovely fireworks they make together.

Ya know what would be really fun? This has already been mentioned on another board, but it's such a good idea it bears repeating: Hewlett and Tapping together on the same stage. They're just as snarky as their characters and I imagine it'd be loads of fun to watch them play off each other. Almost as much fun as it is to watch them snipe at each other ON-screen.

Can ya feel the love??

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  McKay is a b*stard who deserves to live.
                  Surely you of all people don't want to see him killed off?
                  I wuv Wodney. I don't wanna see him die. He may be the only one to escape Luke's machinations. Maybe...

Sam/Barrett is a subject for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Ya know what would be really fun? This has already been mentioned on another board, but it's such a good idea it bears repeating: Hewlett and Tapping together on the same stage. They're just as snarky as their characters and I imagine it'd be loads of fun to watch them play off each other. Almost as much fun as it is to watch them snipe at each other ON-screen.

Can ya feel the love??
                    hey do I get a credit for that?
                    sigpic

Comment

hey do I get a credit for that?
                      I'm sorry, do I know you...?

Comment

sigh, I'm too tried to smack you. Can you just slap yourself for me?
                        sigpic

Comment

Boy, talk about feeling shock, horror, and hilarity run through your mind at the same time. I'm afraid to even imagine the chase... McKay keeps asking Sam out, and all of a sudden, there's orange juice in his thermos. Or something mysterious happens to his computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianamarie
                            McKay keeps asking Sam out, and all of a sudden, there's orange juice in his thermos.
                            Oh no, it would never be anything that obvious. He'll notice his coffee tastes really bitter one day and the next thing you know, he's being rushed to the infirmary.

Or he'll just keel over one day from arsenic poisoning and they'll never think to check that nifty new mug he was given as an anonymous gift.

Comment

Sam with McKay ! No way Hosee !
                              She'd rather eat green eggs and ham, because that's our Sam !
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X