Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH - (Excitement)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH - (Excitement)

Finally the good week has come and no SG1. Dont get me wrong, SG1 is good but only the side dish when it comes to the main course meal Atlantis.

And dammit i wanna see Ronins sword. Comeon pop that out and kill things with it.

Originally posted by DanielMightBeGay
    Finally the good week has come and no SG1. Dont get me wrong, SG1 is good but only the side dish when it comes to the main course meal Atlantis.

And dammit i wanna see Ronins sword. Comeon pop that out and kill things with it.
    Sg-1 has just lost a lot of its appeal for me over the past year, so Atlantis is definitely more exciting for me at the moment. Two more days!!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Strange, I feel the complete opposite about that. I prefer sg-1 to atlantis. Mckay gets on my nerves and when they flesh out ancients, they just aren't what I expect. I can't put my finger on it, they are just too human. I know we are supposed to look like them, but the writers should have made have a distinct difference. But I digress, I just wish they would show more of ancients, I suppose we will learn more in upcoming seasons.

Comment

My opinion.

SG1 S8 < SGA S1
        SG1 S9 > SGA S2

Season 8 lacked "luster". Season 1 of SGA had a new enemy and a feeling of "impending doom" which made it amazing. Season 2 of SGA has kinda lost that feel and the stories are getting repetitive and sluggish. Season 9 of SG1 has introduced a new enemy (which has been damaged by 4th Horseman pt. 1 because we now know their motives) but its a very interesting season with a personal favorite in Prototype.

Comment

I'm in pretty much the same boat as Calicto.

Season 1 of Atlantis was better than season 8 of sg-1, which I found boring, but season 9 has been a lot more interesting than either season 8 sg-1 or season 2 Atlantis for me.

Atlantis isn't measuring up in terms of stories to Sg-1 right now. We've got Sheppard turning into a bug for gods sake. Then there's also the opposition to consider since this show is pretty much about "us vs them". In sg-1 the Ori are a clever new villian written in a pretty clever way, the Wraith are b-movie type boogymen who loose every week in increasingly stupid ways.

Comment

Hm, I was a really really really great SG1 Fan, but in the last seasons it just lost the whole charisma. Per Season there are maybe 2-4 episodes I like and the rest... o.k I watch it but I'm not like Woahhh is this great or so!
            So I prefer Atlantis now much more! It has a new spirit new members and a much more cooler set!

Comment

Well I have liked both Atlantis and SG-1 this season. Okay I have been waiting for Atlantis but thats because i'm still trying to get used to a SG-1 without Jack. Now Galactica has been the one I have most waited for the whole night but thats because there is a constant story line where you have to have watched the previous episode. Thats what I liked about Doctor Who in the olden days. Also there is the whole thing of constant peril which I have liked so far.

I still hope Stargate SG-1 goes on for a Season 10 and Stargate Atlantis goes on to season 3 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                Hm, I was a really really really great SG1 Fan, but in the last seasons it just lost the whole charisma. Per Season there are maybe 2-4 episodes I like and the rest... o.k I watch it but I'm not like Woahhh is this great or so!
                So I prefer Atlantis now much more! It has a new spirit new members and a much more cooler set!
                I didn't mind it as much in Season 8, there were a few really wonderful episodes in there. "Threads" is definitely coming to mind. It was a beautiful episode, and I couldn't understand why they were continuing the series -- IMHO it was the PERFECT end for it. Anubis was "gone", the goauld were practically extinct, the Jaffa were free, the problems were solved, and the characters all went fishing together. What else needed to be done? This season just feels like they're milking the franchise and dragging out the time they can last on the air. When you have to create a whole different story arc this late in the series because you solved the main problem that had been there for eight years and replace half of the cast as well (and Vala, Mitchell, Landry, and Lam just aren't growing on me like they should), it's not worth it. To me, this season is so "off" from what I've come to expect from SG-1. Change is good, and I respect the writers for having come up with ideas like the Replicators, the Trust, and Ascension along the way to help move the story along. That being said, there was such an overhauling change this year in terms of...everything...that I don't even consider it the same show. Atlantis is growing and maturing for me very well. Since it's only halfway through its second season, I don't find it fair to compare it to season 9 of SG-1. It's finding its feet in terms of characters, style, and stories very well and is more pleasurable and entertaining for me than the original series at this point. Does that make sense?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

snogginpicard, i agree with some of your points, it is as if theyre milking it for all its worth now, and whats the point of introducing a new villian after 8 years?!?!? does that mean its gonna drag into the ground for another 8 years trying to defeat the Ori? cause if it takes less than maybe 5 it looks like they were easier to defeat the goauld

Comment

i enjoy both sg1 and atlantis. with atlantis being a younger show, people are more open to new ideas, where as with stargate yes it has been the same for 8 years and it is harder for people to open up to newer ideas. i enjoyed the last few shows of the season half. the first few were slow, but they were trying to open people up to the new ideas slowly...atleast that is my opinion...

Comment

I like both shows. When you look at the resources/budget/time (or lack of) TPTB have, the product they put out is pretty amazing.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Congerking
                        Strange, I feel the complete opposite about that. I prefer sg-1 to atlantis. Mckay gets on my nerves and when they flesh out ancients, they just aren't what I expect. I can't put my finger on it, they are just too human. I know we are supposed to look like them, but the writers should have made have a distinct difference. But I digress, I just wish they would show more of ancients, I suppose we will learn more in upcoming seasons.
                        But they were human at one point, thats what the writers are trying to say. Being ascended changed them, and it would changes us too after 10,000 years of ultimate knowledge. That's why I love Atlantis (and also for McKay ), plus several other things.

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

the way i see it both shows have good and bad episodes, and some great ones too
                          the thing about atlantis is I cant seem to point my finger on a bad episode. they are all either average good or awesome
                          sg-1 on the other hand had some bad episodes in the past but they always make up for it with some truely awesome episodes.
                          season 9 of sg-1 has been great, I too had some trouble adjusting to the changes with landry and mitchell but I still enjoyed it far more than season two of atlantis this far. its not that the new season of atlantis is bad, I think its quite good but so far it lacked a really great episode that keeps you waiting for more - up until Aurora that is!! - definitely the best atlantis episode ever!.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            I like both shows. When you look at the resources/budget/time (or lack of) TPTB have, the product they put out is pretty amazing.
                            Absolutely. Stargate consistently turns out some of the most involving plotlines, smart, intelligent dialogue, and THE BEST special effects that you could ask for on television.

Comment

I wish sumone wuld close this thread it's just turned into another sg-1 vs Atlantis thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X