No announcement yet.

Enemies (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you think he's dead -- hello, I'm not! [insert evil Apophis laugh]
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ah so that's how that two-parter ends.... with the replicators crashing on Delmak, Apophis dying in a rage of "Shoot, I should not have trusted Tanith" and Teal'c brainwashed.

The banter continues and there are a fair few moments that I'm snorting and s******ing at Jacob and the way he deals with Jack. Lots of good stuff. Also love the father/daughter interactions -- fixing things together, or breaking them.

The replicators are back -- I had hoped not to see them again for a while but I don't think we've seen them all season 4 so perhaps it was time to bring them back for a quick bite and a tech happy meal. Although, you'd think that Goa'uld technology isn't as tasty after you've tried the Asgard menu. You'd think it were a step down, going from a 5-star meal to a 3.

So Teal'c got revived and brainwashed into thinking he's still first prime of Apophis. I wish we had been shown the process, even if it was only in flashbacks, but I guess that would have ruined the surprise. We'll never know what Apophis used to turn his mind. Couldn't have been as easy as turning that of Rya'c when he was but a boy. I mean, this is Teal'c we're talking about. That was just a little too convenient, if you ask me.

All in all, not a bad start to season 5.

How would you rate SG-1's "Enemies?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

++++

3-episode quiz: Double Jeopardy, Exodus & Enemies (S5)

Jigsaw puzzle: Enemies

My time: 08:37
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 June 2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I've always found the way Jack is used in these two episodes to be annoying. It's the true beginning of stupid Jack, a variation I've always hated.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          I've always found the way Jack is used in these two episodes to be annoying. It's the true beginning of stupid Jack, a variation I've always hated.
          Mmm... I didn't notice. I thought it was okay.
          Besides, we all know he's way smarter than he's letting on.

Comment

I am very much not a fan of humiliation as humor (aka slapstick). Jacob is super condescending toward Jack, and there really is not much for him to do, at least not until the replicators make themselves known. So the writers made him the butt of the jokes.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I am very much not a fan of humiliation as humor (aka slapstick). Jacob is super condescending toward Jack, and there really is not much for him to do, at least not until the replicators make themselves known. So the writers made him the butt of the jokes.
              Though slapstick isn't always humiliating -- is it. I don't know...

Anyway, I can agree that using someone at their own expense is never funny.

Comment

Im so far behind because work. I wish I was time for my vacation but that is a month away

But enough of my problems. I love this episode because of the twist on some classic SG1 concepts. Replicators and Apophis makes for a challenge especially when Tealc is against us. I always liked how he knew Jacob would break Jack out. Its about time Apophis died.

12/15 and 6 minutes 44 seconds. Sometimes I have to give FH a win
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Im so far behind because work. I wish I was time for my vacation but that is a month away
                  Mine's a month away too, except for one day coming up two weeks from now -- the 11th of July. That's the day Flanders remembers the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302. We kicked French butt that day -- infantry defeated an army of cavalry.

However, vacation looks like it will be spend building a second Millenium Falcon cockpit and kitchen/lounge since Disney has decided to use the other one for the release of the Solo DVD/BluRay and then it's off to Disneyland Paris for 3 months.

Comment

The wiki says it was a hollow victory as the French got their revenge
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      The wiki says it was a hollow victory as the French got their revenge
                      They sure did but we kicked their butts anyway -- and we would revolt time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        then it's off to Disneyland Paris for 3 months.
                        This is the part that intrigues me.

Seaboe

Comment

This is the part that intrigues me.
                          I have absolutely no idea what Disneyland Paris is going to do with it, but I am curious as well to be honest.

Comment

14/15. 11:36

I really liked this. Replicators, Apophis finally dies, they got Teal'c back, but not in his right mind.

I am almost caught up with you, FH and jelgate!

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                              X