• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orientation (203)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    ORIENTATION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

Locke and Kate must find a way to repair the computer inside the hatch, though Jack believes that nothing will happen when the timer reaches zero. Sawyer, Michael, and Jin are captured and held by people they believe to be the mysterious "Others."

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:43 PM.

I liked it.

I think it clears up a couple mysteries. The polar bears, and probably the shark, fall under the Zoology part of the orientation video, brought to the island, or altered in some way which made them worth studying.

I think it's all but been said that the people holding Sawyer/Michael/Jin are the other survivors, not "the others".

Anyone recognize the girl in the picture Jack looks at with Desmond in it?
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

OMG. .Hurley found the food stash!

Locke's backstory was blah - I wanted to know who he chose. .the father, or Helen.

The film - pondering. I think I need to see that again.

Desmond. .he isn't too hard on the eyes.

Calvin - who the heck was he, and what happened to HIS partner?

The others. Or ARE they? The gal was obviously in the back of the plane. We have another group of survivors, but they look like times have been a bit rougher than our gang.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
        I liked it.

I think it clears up a couple mysteries. The polar bears, and probably the shark, fall under the Zoology part of the orientation video, brought to the island, or altered in some way which made them worth studying.

I think it's all but been said that the people holding Sawyer/Michael/Jin are the other survivors, not "the others".

Anyone recognize the girl in the picture Jack looks at with Desmond in it?
        Jack did act like he recognized the girl. That was odd.

Agree on the polar bears/shark - probably some other animals as well.

If that area was an underground lab originally, what ELSE where they studying? There was mention of unusual magnetic properties.

Comment

Here's the pic Jack sees, wish I had a better copy.

The large black man who throws them in the hole might be Rose's husband.

Another clue that they are also survivors is that many of them are dressed in modern clothing. Last week it was darker and harder to see that, but of course they wanted to tease us.

Oh, the 540 days he was meant to be there, an even multiple of 108 (108 * 5).
          Attached Files

Comment

spoilers.....

I saw Jin speaks english in the preview of the next episode, the story grows and grows....
            He could be with the other guys, the ones that are holding sawyer and michael captive.
            Whats up with the other survivors.
            Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
            Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Holy crap, I was right about the swan! LOL!

Skinner was more psychology based, wasn't he? Behavioral stuff? Sounds like the button pushing thing could be nothing more than an elaborate psychology experiment set up with conditions to make it look more "real".

But alas, that doesn't explain the nanoswarm. And I'm getting more convinced it might be something like that. The movie dude definitely mentioned "swarm".

I don't like Locke's history. Boring. And I'll bet you anything that Helen was hired by Daddy to get Locke off his case.

Saw the Cagegirl ruse a mile off, too.

So the girl in the pic was NOT Jack's girlfriend, right? 'cause Desmond would have been dating her when he set off on his trip, so the timing isn't right. I wonder who she is, then.

Comment

I’m with Jack. It’s some kind of psychological experiment. I didn’t want him to push the button. But he did anyway…..

People seem to like the “see you in another life” line. This was written on the back of Sayid’s picture of Nadia…. “You'll find me in the next life if not in this one.” Then of course Desmond, “Good luck, brother. See you in another life.”

Heh. I think somebody has too much time on their hands with the creation of fake websites for entities in the show. The Oceanic site and now one for The Hanso Foundation. Interesting little science projects they have going on at the ol' foundation. Walt seems to fit into one of their projects. Maybe the guys on the boat motored him on over to which ever island is handling the Accelerated Remote Viewing Facility since this island seems to be the one for Electromagnetic research.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                  The large black man who throws them in the hole might be Rose's husband.
                  I was wondering that as well, especially after I saw Rose in the preview for next week.

Thanks for the picture. It's kind of hard to see the woman's face but I don't recognize her.

Comment

"Maybe the guys on the boat motored him on over to which ever island is handling the Accelerated Remote Viewing Facility since this island seems to be the one for Electromagnetic research."

I don't know. A few word choices on the video seem to indicate otherwise. First it's refered to as "the island", and studying of the electromagnetism on "this sector" of the island.

If the current people are more survivors, which I'm going to assume they are, the island must be quite large, otherwise they might have come looking for our favorite group of people when they heard the bottle rockets awhile back.

Also, I don't know if that's Jin speaking English. It's the actor, but many shows have actors do quick promo things. We'll obviously find out next week, but my thoughts:

1. There is NO accent, it didnt sound like a Korean man who learned english. If we hadn't seen Jin's father, we might be able to guess he lied about his past, grew up somewhere else, but we do know he grew up in a finishing village.

2. He has no markings on him. Right now he has the crap beatten out of him, but in the quick scene there is nothing. This could just mean it's part of a flashback, or something strange happens on the island that we haven't thought of. It could just mean the actor did a short phrase for commercials.

Comment

The island is obviously huge so I'm thinking there is another underground something-or-other elsewhere. The "monster-thingy" tried to pull Locke underground when they were out by the Black Rock. How far away was that from the hatch? The film said something about the hatch being station #3, so there are other stations, but not necessarily on that island.

They do need to hunt down Desmond and make him answer questions - Jack asked him a few - like where the food came from, etc., that weren't answered.

Interesting future teaser with Jin speaking English. Could be a flashback and he has a twin in America? Who the heck knows what they are going to pull on us.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                        spoilers.....

I saw Jin speaks english in the preview of the next episode, the story grows and grows....
                        He could be with the other guys, the ones that are holding sawyer and michael captive.
                        Whats up with the other survivors.
                        I saw that too! It really bothers me for some reason. I guess when Jin speaks only Korean and can't understand others or be understood by them, it makes him more sympathetic to the viewers and a little bit pathetic. If he's known English the whole time--well, that makes him more likely to be evil. I think I prefer sympathetic/pathetic Jin over evil Jin. But that's just me.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                          Heh. I think somebody has too much time on their hands with the creation of fake websites for entities in the show. The Oceanic site and now one for The Hanso Foundation. Interesting little science projects they have going on at the ol' foundation. Walt seems to fit into one of their projects. Maybe the guys on the boat motored him on over to which ever island is handling the Accelerated Remote Viewing Facility since this island seems to be the one for Electromagnetic research.
                          Oh, I would say that it's all part of the show. If you look at the terms of use link on both sites, it takes you to: http://disney.go.com/corporate/privacy/terms.html
                          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Good ep.

You know, I'm beginning to think that there was no plane crash. I bet that in that tv universe there isn't even an Oceanic Airlines. I think that this group was drugged and dropped onto this island and certain expendable subjects were mortally injured so that the halucinating test subjects would interpret their situation as a plane crash. I bet the pilot is a member of Dharma and safe and sound in another sector ATM. His death was waaay too random.

I bet that Jack saying that "nothing happened" to his patient meant that she, like Locke, wasn't really healed, and that she lost the use of her legs, causing their marriage to break up.

I think the other survivors - "from the back of the plane" - are either being subjected to a different sort of psychological torture - or they are left alone to act as a control of sorts.

The Orientation film was so full of interesting things, wasn't it? I thought it was telling that they studied para-normal stuff. Do you suppose the psychic that talked to Claire was in Dharma's employ? Were the test subjects all screened by Dharma scientists prior to being put on the island? What other branches of research did the orientation guy mention?

And who goes half-way into an explanation, hesitates, and calls something an "incident" with no further clarification? Maybe in person when we tend to speak our thoughts, but, on film? No way.

It's all putting me in mind of the movies Cypher(with David Hewlitt ) and The Manchurian Candidate. Both were really well done psychological thrillers and Lost is no different.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                              What other branches of research did the orientation guy mention?
                              The "fake" Hanso webpage lists the active projects as:

Life Extension
                              Electromagnetic Research
                              Extraterrestrial Intelligence
                              Mathematical Forecasting
                              Cryogenic Development
                              Juxtapositional Eugenics
                              Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility

None of them is an active link. When you click on a title you get a box that says something about not having permission.

Comment

Working...
                              X