Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adrift (202)

GateWorld Adrift (202)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    ADRIFT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202

Michael and Sawyer brave the open water after the raft is destroyed, with no sign of Jin. Locke follows Kate into the hatch, only to find himself a prisoner of its enigmatic resident.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; November 23rd, 2007 at 05:51 PM.

TV Re: Adrift (202)

I only watched last 15 minutes and it was okay. I've actually never watched Lost this long, the longest I've watched it before tonight was about 2 minutes or so.

Default Re: Adrift (202)

HA! I was right!! Desmond was supposed to be rotated out!

And what did one snowman say to the other? Nice to snow you. Or maybe ice to meet you? Probably the latter.

For a minute, I was thinking the beasties from Surface had shown up on Lost. LOL! Funny crossover.

And it looks as though the St. Sebastian's/plague thing might be playing in, too. Whatever "sickness" it was, it obviously got the French team.

A STUFFED POLAR BEAR!! I wonder if mummy not-so-dearest ever gave it to Walt?

And I still say that the shelter was designed for more than one. At least two beds, a ping pong table, ample seating at the table....

Ha on the "Udders!" And then the scary horde descending. Actually made me think of a Galactica vs. Pegasus scenario. But I betcha the "others" are the ones affected by the sickness... and that members of the French team are probably in it.

Will post more if I can think of what else I'm trying to remember. Sorry for the incoherence.

Pretty good. At one point I feared for some of the characters.

Spoiler:
    They sure made us wait to find about Jin, and they didn't do much to advance the Desmond story. A little bit, yes, but we at least found out what happened to Kate. That was close! Then Claire found Charlie's Madonna statuette! Uh-oh.

I didn't notice the logo on the shark! Wish I had Tivo...

Sawyer is a survivor. If anyone's gonna get off the island, it's him. ******* (Now watch him get killed in the next episode )

Overall I enjoyed it, can't wait for next Wednesday.
    Last edited by Quartz; September 28th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.

You don't need to spoilerize an ep on its discussion thread. It's kind of taken as a given that an ep discussion thread will be discussing the ep. People read it at their own risk.

Good thing, too, seeing as you typoed it.

So! Who's got the skinny on Apollo bars?

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Poor Desmond. He's been down there for an awfully long time, and he doesn't seem very stable. He didn't know anything about the plane crash either, which was odd. Questions:

Wondering if whoever left him there has forgotten about him.

What happens when he runs out of food?

Does he have any way out or was he stuck there until someone "relieved" him?

If he has to reset that computer every 108 minutes, he sure doesn't get any good sleep. Or was that every 108 hours?

Any thoughts on the company logo that was plastered everywhere? Seems like the whole island was some sort of experiment.

What are those damned numbers!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

when the shark swam by, the logo that was on all the food, and one DESMOND'S JUMPSUIT PATCH WAS TATOOED ONTO THE SHARK FIN. who else caught it?

Answered my own question:

from the Encyclopedia Mythica:

The son of Zeus and Leto, and the twin brother of Artemis. Apollo was the god of music (principally the lyre, and he directed the choir of the Muses) and also of prophecy, colonization, medicine, archery (but not for war or hunting), poetry, dance, intellectual inquiry and the carer of herds and flocks. He was also a god of light, known as "Phoebus" (radiant or beaming, and he was sometimes identified with Helios the sun god). He was also the god of plague and was worshiped as Smintheus (from sminthos, rat) and as Parnopius (from parnops, grasshopper) and was known as the destroyer of rats and locust, and according to Homer's Iliad, Apollo shot arrows of plague into the Greek camp. Apollo being the god of religious healing would give those guilty of murder and other immoral deeds a ritual purification. Sacred to Apollo are the swan (one legend says that Apollo flew on the back of a swan to the land of the Hyperboreans, he would spend the winter months among them), the wolf and the dolphin. His attributes are the bow and arrows, on his head a laurel crown, and the cithara (or lyre) and plectrum. But his most famous attribute is the tripod, the symbol of his prophetic powers.
    Again, the plague reference. And Helios... the nuber 108 was written on the sun.

And it cracks me up that when confronted by all that food, the thing she grabs are candy bars. LOL!

Random aside, did anyone else notice that in the previous ep, when Jack was in Sara's room and she said she could move her toes? The time was approximately 2:30. Nifty.

Does anyone have a screencap of the logo so we can find out what corporation Desmond works for?

I just hope it isn't the Umbrella Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by wessock
    I took it that the countdown with the computer was tripped by Jack setting off an alarm.
    No, it counts down every 108 minutes. Hence last week's ep when it starts off with the warning BEEP BEEP BEEP and he goes and enters the code. That was BEFORE the hatch blew. Normal procedure. And it was way too ingrained in Desmond for it to have been a "security breach" thing. No, something awful will happen if those numbers aren't entered...

Chief Master Sergeant manybleemsago's Avatar

I know I'm with Kate - first thing I'd grab is the chocolate bar. My husband loved that scene - said not every show would have a scene like that. That's one of the things we love about this show.

I love Locke - dang, he is sneaky. LOL

I'm wondering if some of the others are descendents of slaves marooned from the Black Rock.

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

I would have grabbed the chocolate too! *LOL*

I'm with "bleems". . .the Black Rock descendents are the "others".

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Second Lieutenant Thermonuclearboy's Avatar

Desmond's jumpsuit patch looks to be based on a design from the I-Ching, the Chinese book of divining. The design represent the trigrams used by fortune tellers. Each trigram is a combination of three whole or broken lines which represents a basic elemental force. Two trigrams combined form a hexagram, which is supposed to represent the forces acting mostly strongly upon you at the time of the reading. A fortune teller would roll a set of prepared bones or sticks which would form a hexagram, and that would tell you where you are spiritually and what course of action would be most likely to succeed.

It's no accident, I think, that the numbers Desmond has to enter seem to be associated with luck and coincidence. Bad, seemingly random things happen in the presence of the numbers, and whatever Desmond's computer is doing seems to be holding something even worse at bay. There's something weird and cosmic going on in that bunker, man...
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Airman

I watched the shark scene frame by frame, as hard as I tried I did not see any logo on the shark's fin. Kick ass episode though!

When I think I saw it it wasn't on a fin, it wasn't quite down on it's tail on the side. It's about 10-20 seconds before Michael shoots it as it quickly swims underwater, from left to right, in front of the camera.
    I saw something on the shark when I watched the ep.

Then I came on the hockey board I usually go to where they have a thread on it and someone else saw it, which was corroborated by someone who said he saw pics of it on another board.

Then I came here and saw that someone else saw it.

There is something

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    No, something awful will happen if those numbers aren't entered...
    The island explodes.

Damn. I missed the first 30 minutes cause the tv station lost power to its transmitter. Grrr....

Interesting that Desmond made some comment about the world still being there or something similar when Locke was telling him about the plane crash and that he was flying from Australia to U.S. Maybe the guy thought everybody else was dead but him.
    IMO always implied.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836
    Interesting that Desmond made some comment about the world still being there or something similar when Locke was telling him about the plane crash and that he was flying from Australia to U.S. Maybe the guy thought everybody else was dead but him.
    I'm glad you read it that way, too. Because technically, "They're still out there?" could mean the other survivors of the crash, but I immediately interpreted it as more of a "the world didn't end?" sort of thing.

Got this from another forum. Didnt noticed it when I watched the show though. Interesting.

Default Re: The Shark

I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw the logo that was on all of the food jars on the shark as it swam by. Does anyone have a Tivo recording and can check? I saw it about 10-20 seconds before Michael shot it with the gun. Also, what does the logo say? I couldn't make it out on my TV.
    I can't tell what it says...but its definitely there...looks like an octagon with some sort of indistinct writing within its borders
    Last edited by alaskannut; September 29th, 2005 at 12:59 AM.

Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    I'm glad you read it that way, too. Because technically, "They're still out there?" could mean the other survivors of the crash, but I immediately interpreted it as more of a "the world didn't end?" sort of thing.
    I watched the episode twice already and thought Desmond said, "The world is still out there?" I gathered he said this to Lock because it was right after he said, "a flight Syndey to LA?" Maybe he thinks the "sickness" had probably spread worldwide by now due to the amount of time he has been in the bunker.

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

Loved the chocolate scene. And was COMPELTELY creeped out by the stuffed polar bear. But that scene made me wonder if Walt's mom knows something (anything) about Walt's "powers." She seemed to generally still care about Michael, and a friend I was watching with observed "it's almost like she's taking him away because she's scared, not because she wants to."
    And maybe I'm reading waaaaaay too much into things, but pairing up Michael and Sawyer with their respective daddy issues seemed brilliant.
    Also, the number 4 popped up a lot this episode...
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast