Adrift (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
    Interesting that Desmond made some comment about the world still being there or something similar when Locke was telling him about the plane crash and that he was flying from Australia to U.S. Maybe the guy thought everybody else was dead but him.
    I'm glad you read it that way, too. Because technically, "They're still out there?" could mean the other survivors of the crash, but I immediately interpreted it as more of a "the world didn't end?" sort of thing.

Comment

Got this from another forum. Didnt noticed it when I watched the show though. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by wessock
        I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw the logo that was on all of the food jars on the shark as it swam by. Does anyone have a Tivo recording and can check? I saw it about 10-20 seconds before Michael shot it with the gun. Also, what does the logo say? I couldn't make it out on my TV.
        I can't tell what it says...but its definitely there...looks like an octagon with some sort of indistinct writing within its borders
        Last edited by alaskannut; 29 September 2005, 12:59 AM.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I'm glad you read it that way, too. Because technically, "They're still out there?" could mean the other survivors of the crash, but I immediately interpreted it as more of a "the world didn't end?" sort of thing.
          I watched the episode twice already and thought Desmond said, "The world is still out there?" I gathered he said this to Lock because it was right after he said, "a flight Syndey to LA?" Maybe he thinks the "sickness" had probably spread worldwide by now due to the amount of time he has been in the bunker.

Comment

Loved the chocolate scene. And was COMPELTELY creeped out by the stuffed polar bear. But that scene made me wonder if Walt's mom knows something (anything) about Walt's "powers." She seemed to generally still care about Michael, and a friend I was watching with observed "it's almost like she's taking him away because she's scared, not because she wants to."
            And maybe I'm reading waaaaaay too much into things, but pairing up Michael and Sawyer with their respective daddy issues seemed brilliant.
            Also, the number 4 popped up a lot this episode...
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I'm such an idiot. When I noticed the manual reset of the timer I though, "I nkow that computer equipment is old, but reseting a timer automatically shouldn't be that hard to implement." But then I realized that it's probably rigged for manual reset b/c it insures that someone who is supposed to be there is still alive and well. Otherwise, if it's someone who isn't supposed to be there, or if something bad happens to the person who is supposed to be there then some sort of "self-destruct" or "containment" protocol is innacted.

I also interpreted the line "They're still out there?" as "You mean people are still alive on Earth. At first, I thought the invisible monster, the tattooed sharks, etc... were all part of a security system to prevent infected people from getting off the island or getting into the hatch. Now I'm starting to think (as someone else suggested), that the island wasn't quarantined but the entire world was. And the security system is there to prevent the infected (possibly crazy/homicidal as indicated by "The others") from getting onto the island and into the hatch. But if that's the case, who's supposed to relieve Desmond?

I was disapointed we didn't get to see past where the first episode ended, but hopefully we'll get a little further with the next episode.

Comment

I'm reminded, strangely, of Millennium's S2 finale. It ends with the main character and his family hiding out in a shack in the woods while the world descends into madness as a plague runs rampant, killing millions of people (including the guy's wife suiciding when she thought she'd "caught it").

Then, S3 starts and it turns out that while there was a lot of panic, not that many people actually died and it was all just a massive overreaction. ...And a major cop out, IMO, but then, no one thought there WOULD be a 3rd season.

Anyway, maybe Lost has something similar going on, where everyone (or The Corporation) thought there was a disaster and prepared for the worst and then just forgot about Desmond.

Or, Dessie's replacement was killed by the security system/the others/random chance.

OR, in a fit of cosmic irony, one of Hurley's personal jinxes was also responsible for wiping out The Corporation or the replacement guy or whatever.

This is going to be an interesting season.

Comment

Well something had to happen to Desomond's replacement, if there was one, cuz there were a whole lot of tally marks on that wall. Also, does anybody else think that Desmond might have had a feeling that Kate was in the vent and not tied up anymore cuz its too much of a coincedence for him to shoot there. And why'd he put on the music? I mean he told Locke to keep quiet and has been holding him at gunpoint. Even Locke would listen to that. Maybe he put it on, cuz again, he knew Kate was loose and didnt want Jack to hear her screaming, which he didn't.
                  Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

I loved that with all the food to choose from Kate chose the chocolate. A girl after my own heart.

Sawyer and Michael on the raft were fantastic. Really good acting from both of them. The flashback scenes with Michael and Walt nearly ripped my heart out and then when Michael was sobbing on the raft - wow, kudos to Harold Perrineau for an outstanding performance.

Can't wait until next week to finally find out a bit more about "the others".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Atlantis
                      And why'd he put on the music? I mean he told Locke to keep quiet and has been holding him at gunpoint.
                      He did it to cover up noise in general, so that if anyone shouted a warning to Jack, it wouldn't be heard, so that if Jack shouted anything, it wouldn't be heard, and most importantly of all... so he could sneak up on Jack without his knowing it.

Comment

So I had mixed feelings about this episode. It was good, but I'm disappointed it didn't go past the events of last week's show. Still, it was good to receive some type of explanation for the events in the hatch. The countdown thoroughly creeped me out. I'm not sure I want to know what would happen if it hadn't been reset. Of course knowing Lost it may be another season or two before we find out.

I'm so glad my boy Sawyer is all right. Relatively speaking anyway. I didn't actually notice the image on the shark as I was watching. What was that about? Does it have anything to do with Desmond? The others? Is it some secret bio-engineered creature that will one day rise up out of the ocean and kill them all?

Michael's flashbacks were appropriate, if nothing else. I didn't feel they revealed too much that I wouldn't have already speculated. It was touching that he was able to see Walt. I guess I'm just not very sentimental so I wasn't as moved by Walt's departure as I probably should have been.

The only major problem I had with episode was Hurley withdrawal. I know not every character can be in every episode, but I was missing the cursed castaway. Hopefully he'll be around a bit more next week.

Comment

I apologize if the theories I express here have been repeated. They were formulated prior to visiting this forum and I just thought I'd share them, see if any of them hadn't been thought up yet.

Okay. #1: Those folks ain't the Others (duh! you probably all already know that). #2: The disease that afflicted Roussou's team is likely the disease that Desmond was worried about. Desmond was likely placed inside the Hatch, at an indeterminable point as a contingency plan should this sickness spread to the whole planet. The "him" that Desmond thought Locke was was likely a representative who was supposed to be sent to Desmond to report some information. #3: The numbers!!!! They're the sequence put into the computer and they add up to the total time that was reset, 108. The question is, what's the timer for? My guess is that it's a nuke reactor that also supplies the power for the Hatch.

That's all I got...
                          Spoiler:
                          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Good Episode. Liked it how it was in the same timeframe as the previous episode, but showed different events.

What does the 108 countdown to?
                            And what is the answer to desmond's question: "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"

I was looking at the symbol on the shark, desmonds shirt and heaps of stuff in the hatch:

It appears to say dharma...
                            http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...arma&x=22&y=16
                            1 Hinduism : an individual's duty fulfilled by observance of custom or law
                            2 Hinduism & Buddhism a : the basic principles of cosmic or individual existence : divine law b : conformity to one's duty and nature

Check out the wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma

The cosmic order bit of it seems very reminesent of the numbers and all the wierd things happening on the island. The Individual's duty also sounds like Lock's destiny...

Comment

Yet another sweet episode. I was surprised to see a Michael/Walt (if you really count him) episode so soon. However, I really enjoyed it. The episode was cool, especially the ending where they see Jin is alive and he points out that The Others have arrived. The weapons they carry, long twigs with thorns on. Well that's what it looked like, anyway.

The logo on the shark tail, too, was sweet. A nice touch, it's difficult to spot, except there is a big black blob on its tail -- kinda gives it away.
                              __

__

Comment

taken from another thread/link
                                maybe it can be useful to comments:
                                ------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X