• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man of Science, Man of Faith (201)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    MAN OF SCIENCE,
    MAN OF FAITH

EPISODE NUMBER - 201

Locke persists in his obsession with exploring the cavern below the hatch, despite the fact that it cannot provide everyone with shelter for the night -- and Kate agrees to descend into the hole.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:54 PM.

WOW! that was fracking awesome, answered one question and raised a hundred more! i fracking LOVE this show!

Comment

While I thought they picked the wrong idea to start the episode, I was very impressed by it. Every time commercials started I screamed out in disgust that I would have to sit through them! Didn't see that twist coming at the end, very surprised by that. I was just like "holy ****" when he said "brother" and realized who it was. Annoyed that we didn't get to see what happened to the raft crew, but we will find out next week. Only one flaw, like I said before was the beginning. For me it lowered the suspense as to what was down the hatch. Also, was that computer an old Apple II, it kinda looked like it to me? In all I absolutely CAN'T wait for next week!

Comment

i really liked it. was anyone else bothered by Jack's hair?!
        Save us from danger, save us from evil
        Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

That beginning was frackin' cool! Kept trying to figure out which character it was. . but it wasn't any of 'em.

We have the "voices" again. .and what the heck did Walt say to Shannon????

Wait a week??? BAAAHHHH!!!!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It's times like this I wish I knew how to lip read. *sigh*

Interesting about Hatch Dude. The set-up of the place is very sixties in terms of tech and accoutrements, but now we know the guy has only been down there for a couple of years at most. The hypospray thing was rather more modern, though. Or did they have those back then? Anyone know what he was injecting?

Granted, he could simply be the latest in a long line of inhabitants, but I guess the big question is WHY? And how do they switch out staffers? And how often?

I'm guessing that "around the world race" was a lie.

Locke's gotta be pretty crushed by the reality of the hatch. Not exactly the key to his destiny, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              It's times like this I wish I knew how to lip read. *sigh*

Interesting about Hatch Dude. The set-up of the place is very sixties in terms of tech and accoutrements, but now we know the guy has only been down there for a couple of years at most. The hypospray thing was rather more modern, though. Or did they have those back then? Anyone know what he was injecting?

Granted, he could simply be the latest in a long line of inhabitants, but I guess the big question is WHY? And how do they switch out staffers? And how often?

I'm guessing that "around the world race" was a lie.

Locke's gotta be pretty crushed by the reality of the hatch. Not exactly the key to his destiny, was it?
              i cant remember exactly what it said because it flashed by fast, but i think it said like vaccine or anti- something or other, but im not sure. and yes they did have those injectors back then and the look of that one is one that would have been in use in the late seventies early eighties, the ones from the sixties were bigger, the modern ones use compressed gas.

Comment

I was thinking it was anti-radiation meds. Kinda like Helo. The whole thing just screamed "fallout shelter" to me. Well... the bits that didn't scream "biospehere habitat". Maybe he's in training to help colonize the moon or Mars or something.

Or re-colonize Earth after a devastating something-or-other.

But it only being one person... that kinda throws off the calculations. Unless, as with stories possessing similar storylines, the people went mad and killed themselves/each other and Marathon Man is the sole survivor.

Comment

108, written all over the walls, has ALOT of religious connotations throughout the east. It is also 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42.

The magnetic source in the hatch could be a nuclear reactor, or something else. It could be why the compasses are off upon the Island.

What if Desmond was placed there to study the smoke? What if the injections kept him sane from the disease that afflicted the 'Others', Rosseau's crew, and perhaps Boone and Locke..?

What is the significance of 4,8,15,16,23,42? Demond entered it within the comp in the begining? What did the patches on the jumpsuits say/mean? What did Desmond inject himself with? How did he go from racing around the world to being in that ****hole (or did he lie to Jack)?

Also, where is Rosseau? Where is Jin, Mike and Sawyer? What happened to Walt, and is he back on the 'Island'?

Comment

was it me or did it seem like there was sunlight comming through the windows in the shelter? the shelter that was 40 feet underground?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      was it me or did it seem like there was sunlight comming through the windows in the shelter? the shelter that was 40 feet underground?
                      Could have been from a Nuclear power source.

Also, why was the Quarentine on the inside? Are we infected?

Comment

Originally posted by tomduo
                        Could have been from a Nuclear power source.

Also, why was the Quarentine on the inside? Are we infected?
                        i was wondering that too. what if the island is actually the inside and the hatch is the way out, like a giant biodome, like in "The Truman Show"

Comment

Oh that is beyond creepy.

Comment

JUST SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Opening was jaw-dropping!! Ending was mind-bending!!! I loved almost every minute of it! I could have done with more on the other characters, but I suppose we'll get to them...Now, the question on everyone's minds should be: Why was Desmond quarintined in the Hatch??? Also, where'd he get all those frakkin' guns??? And who built the radio tower, Desmond or the Others??? *head explodes from overabundance of questions*
                            Spoiler:
                            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

The opening was awesome. Sucked me in trite and true. When Desmond showed up in the running up and down stadium stairs part, I knew he was the guy from the running up and down the stadium stairs scene. That was pretty obvious. The doc guy (Cant recall his name at the moment) reminds me of almost every doc I've met. I went *Thhbt!* at him when the girl moved her toes at last. I dunno, it's just with thier loads of pessimism, docs deserve that now and then. That was a nice part, I liked that glimmer of hope. Maybe she will dance at her weddin'. I thought it awful crude of the bald guy (can't remember his name either) to send the woman (je nes pa name either ) down the hatch first. For an adventurer he sure is a sissy. But anyway, it was very cool, the whole hatch scene. I loved the music (Micheal G is awesome) as well as the song they played in that part. Added a creepy, confusing, out of place vibe, wonderful. Ah, there's so many parts I liked in that show. I can't mention 'em all cause I'm sleepy. But hey, I think Lost is my new favorite show.

Invasion, on the other hand, was quite cheesy. Like one of those sillly hurricane shows on the Sci Fi channel. maybe it'll be cooler. Saun Cassidy's gotta have something up his sleeve.
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X