Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter
    Maybe there could be a girl and she lost her boyfriend/husband ina similar way to the boys losing their Mom and Sam losing Jessica?
    Someone who doesn't have their background or their understanding, someone who doesn't care about the "supernatural" part of it and doesn't care about other people in danger... she's out for revenge and nothing is going to get in her way. And if it turns out to be the headless horseman who did it, so what? She'll destroy him, too. Whatever it takes. She makes them look like pansies when it comes to ruthless determination, but they have to teach her a thing or two about not losing her humanity in the process and becoming worse than the thing she hunts.

That has some good possibilities.

Or, in a similar vein, someone who has been "haunted" all her life- orphaned at an early age by the mysterious deaths of her parents, sent from foster home to foster home, which was one disaster after another... and every time she thinks she's found a place, something awful happens to keep her alone. She's withdrawn into herself; she trusts no one, relies on no one, and is afraid to feel attachment to anyone for fear of what might happen to them. It would be Dean's and Sam's job to try and help draw her out, to show her that she CAN interact with the world without tragedy following, and doing their best to help her figure out what happened and why.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Someone who doesn't have their background or their understanding, someone who doesn't care about the "supernatural" part of it and doesn't care about other people in danger... she's out for revenge and nothing is going to get in her way. And if it turns out to be the headless horseman who did it, so what? She'll destroy him, too. Whatever it takes. She makes them look like pansies when it comes to ruthless determination, but they have to teach her a thing or two about not losing her humanity in the process and becoming worse than the thing she hunts.

That has some good possibilities.

Or, in a similar vein, someone who has been "haunted" all her life- orphaned at an early age by the mysterious deaths of her parents, sent from foster home to foster home, which was one disaster after another... and every time she thinks she's found a place, something awful happens to keep her alone. She's withdrawn into herself; she trusts no one, relies on no one, and is afraid to feel attachment to anyone for fear of what might happen to them. It would be Dean's and Sam's job to try and help draw her out, to show her that she CAN interact with the world without tragedy following, and doing their best to help her figure out what happened and why.
      All very good areas of exploration for the show! Maybe we should join forces and become writers for the show. At least we know then that it wouldn't suck!
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone know if Supernatural is going to have a new episode this coming week?
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone know if Supernatural is going to have a new episode this coming week?
          I doubt you're surprised that I'm able to answer that question. I just love this show.

Anyway, next week Tuesday is a new episode, called "Bugs". The week after that is "Home", and the one after that is "Asylum". I'm not a spoiler person at all, so I can't tell you much about the episodes, other than
          Spoiler:
          in the episode "Home" they go back to their hometown and I think we find out more about what happened to their mother, and in the episode "Asylum" they're in a haunted insane asylum and I think Sam wigs out on Dean...or maybe it's the other way around? Anyway, that's all I know.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Jonisa. Personally I can't wait for "Home".

Comment

Glad I didn't miss it. Why was it preempted, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Glad I didn't miss it. Why was it preempted, anyway?
                Technically it wasn't preempted, it was a repeat of "Dead in the Water", but as to why...Good question. You'd think during the week of Halloween they'd want to show a Supernatural ep. Ghouls and goblins and other things that go bump in the night would be perfect.

I'm guessing maybe they were saving new episodes for November Sweeps???

Comment

I'd say they're probably saving eps for sweeps but I don't pretend to know what goes on in a TV exec's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                    I'd say they're probably saving eps for sweeps but I don't pretend to know what goes on in a TV exec's head.
                    You mean TV Exec's heads have things going on in them? I just thought they were empty. Sortta like balloons! Because some of their deicisions make no sense.

Anyway...I agree that the week of Halloween you'd think that there'd be a brand spankin' new episode of Supernatural. Instead we get the boy in the lake story.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like our Supernatural hotties are gonna get "bugged" tonight!

Yay! A new episdoe!
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like our Supernatural hotties are gonna get "bugged" tonight!
                        LOL! For a second I thought you said buggered. I was thinking, "Dude! I totally wanna see that!" But bugs... yeah, bugs are OK.

Just hope it isn't a War of the Coprophages thing. Or that story I read about the ants. Or the Bugmeister.

Comment

tonights bug ep was good the only prob i had with it was that day time seemed to role around quite fast like Sam said it was 12:15 eerr so and it seemed like it was day time a half hour

next weeks ep looks awesome they are going home
                          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                          sigpic

Comment

Gonna tag the bugs ep. Although if anyone wants to flag a mod to add spoiler warnings to the subject line, that'd be peachy, too.

Spoiler:
                            Yeah, time passed WAY too fast. Major cop out on the part of the writers.

Also, why the hell didn't they lock themselves in a room and seal THAT off instead of standing around in a big open space staring stupidly at the fireplace? And then they run to the ATTIC??! How impractical is THAT?!

Watching them get attacked by the swarm the first time was OK, then it got tedious. Come on, guys, you can do better than that.

I'd also like to know why only insects? If Nature itself is supposed to rise up, I'd like to see the birds, raccoons, sewer-dwelling crocodiles, man-eating plants and some psychotic squirrels getting into the mix, too.

It had its moments. The running joke about "regardless of sexual orientation" was funny. I'm a bit surprised the bug spray wasn't Die Bug Die, but oh well. The way it all played out seemed a little too similar to other things for my tastes, though.

The show needs to take more chances, dammit. Stop playing with the safe, cutesy little stories and dig deeper. There's potential here, if only they'd use it.

And damn them for not giving us a towel-clad Dean fresh from the shower.

Comment

Also when they went in through the window they steped on class moved a towel and touched the window there finger prints would have been all over the crime seen
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                                Also when they went in through the window they steped on glass moved a towel and touched the window there finger prints would have been all over the crime scene.
                                Oh, don't even get me started on the ridiculous amounts of evidence they leave behind every time they go near a crime scene. Obviously, neither of them watch CSI or they'd know better than to go trampling all over things. They destroy evidence, too. Just because THEY know it's "supernatural" causes doesn't mean that the police will.

Their father trained them in all kinds of ridiculous things, why not teach them how NOT to destroy a crime scene?? Heck, I should think forensics would be an important part of monster hunting. Not ALL of the things they chase are non-corporeal ghosts.

Comment

Working...
                                X