Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Leave it to Shiban to take a perfectly wonderful half-nekkid-and-sweaty moment and turn it into a complete squick-fest.

Interesting ep. The plots are a little too simple and too easily solved (a point that has already been made) but it still isn't too bad.

My one quibble with "Skin"...
    Spoiler:
    I know there aren't any hard and fast rules about it, but I find it a little hard to believe that the thing would shift BACK to being... er... er... Studboy. NotSam. You know who I mean. ANYWAY, I should think that shifting to a given person would be a one-time-only thing. And why stay in the form of someone who has already been arrested and risk muddying the situation (staying as... was it Zach? ...after Zach had been arrested). That HAS to be newsworthy stuff and someone might recognize him.

OK, maybe it's more than one thing. I'm also curious about this "psychic connection" BS. What purpose does knowing the minds of his targets serve? Other than blending in. It seems a little plot convenience-y. And if he was psychically connected, shouldn't he have known Studboy was coming? And how could be possibly store the memories of all those people in his head? Or does he just conveniently forget it all again?

Might have been more interesting to see the strain of it getting to him. Confronting Sam with stuff remembered from the Random Guy.

And speaking of Random Guy, is he still under arrest or what? Kinda rude to clear Zach's name but leave Random Guy swinging in the wind...

Huh. This is the kinda show that is a lot better if you don't think about it. At all.
    the "psychic connection" might be so that when he is torcuing the ppl it would seem like it was acually them. and so that if he had to impersinate the person and ppl asked him personal Qs he would be able to answer them. just like Sam did
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
      the "psychic connection" might be so that when he is torcuing the ppl it would seem like it was acually them. and so that if he had to impersinate the person and ppl asked him personal Qs he would be able to answer them. just like Sam did
      I tend to agree...however...when Sam asked the Deanelganger (doppelganger) the question...the Deanelganger didn't know the correct answer. That's why Sam pulled his gun on him. So, maybe it takes a while for the connection to form?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
        I tend to agree...however...when Sam asked the Deanelganger (doppelganger) the question...the Deanelganger didn't know the correct answer. That's why Sam pulled his gun on him. So, maybe it takes a while for the connection to form?
        i thought he pulled the gun on him because he used his left hand and Zach's left shoulder was hurt in the sewer
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          I understand how the connection can be used to the doppel's advantage (blending in), I'm just not sure I understand why he has it. Genetically speaking. Maybe it's part and parcel of the chameleon effect, but it still seems a little too convenient to me.

Ya know, X-Files did this ep, too. Darin Morgan was a man who shifted to look like the husband/boyfriend/thunkable object of various women and impregnanted them. But he didn't have a "psychic connection", which is partly how he got caught out. It was kinda sad and funny at the same time. He didn't need any genetic sample to morph, either, 'cause one of the guys he pretended to be was Luke Skywalker. LOL!

Funny that it took me this long to recognize the connection. *frowns* I know the whole "nothing new under the sun" thing, but have there been ANY eps yet that haven't been an almost direct reference to something else? Final Destination, The Ring, Small Potatoes... c'mon. I'll grant, Small Potatoes was a different premise, somewhat, but women were the targets of both and men they loved were the agressors. Or so it appeared.

Comment

i thought he pulled the gun on him because he used his left hand and Zach's left shoulder was hurt in the sewer
            Could be...I slept since then!
            sigpic

Comment

i'm sure once we get better Char development they will have better and more original story lines

like i can see some original story lines when they get deeper into what killed Sam's G/F and when they get more into the Farther thing
              Last edited by Jeffer; 19 October 2005, 02:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

How Sam knew it wasn't his brother:
                Spoiler:
                First, he asked him about a creature their dad had fought, mis-naming it. The doppel corrected him and gave details about what had happened. Sam tossed the keys to him and he caught them... with his left hand.

While the doppel was drooling over the goodies in the trunk, Sam pulled a gun on him.

Sam: You caught the keys with your left hand. You were injured!
                Doppel: So I got better fast!

Or words to that effect.

I also would have liked to know WHY it did what it did. The targets were so specific. Unless we're supposed to take what he said to the girl as the actual answer. Not sure that's enough of an explanation, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  How Sam knew it wasn't his brother:
                  Spoiler:
                  First, he asked him about a creature their dad had fought, mis-naming it. The doppel corrected him and gave details about what had happened. Sam tossed the keys to him and he caught them... with his left hand.

While the doppel was drooling over the goodies in the trunk, Sam pulled a gun on him.

Sam: You caught the keys with your left hand. You were injured!
                  Doppel: So I got better fast!

Or words to that effect.

I also would have liked to know WHY it did what it did. The targets were so specific. Unless we're supposed to take what he said to the girl as the actual answer. Not sure that's enough of an explanation, but whatever.
                  Yes...now I remember! Just needed a bump to the head to remember!
                  sigpic

Comment

Tonights Ep was good so far a Little like "I know What You Did Last Summer"

but again another urban legand

next week looks original with Bugs attacking
                    Last edited by Jeffer; 25 October 2005, 05:57 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ehhh.... I dunno. The show is beginning to bore me. Dean's a hottie and it's fun to watch him get all sweaty, but I'm not sure he's enough to keep me tuned in. I will, for now, but the show has been kinda underwhelming so far. Once the initial squee wears off, there's not much left to it.

Comment

yeah i agree with you they will have to come up with original stoy lines soon

But i will watch it till it goes off the air if it does
                        sigpic

Comment

Tonights Ep was good so far a Little like "I know What You Did Last Summer"

but again another urban legand

next week looks original with Bugs attacking
                          I thought the whole 'Aren't you glad you didnt turn on the light' (ok not what it said exactly) was a big unoriginal thing to do.

I was so not impressed, and it sucks especially for me (and other guys i guess, unless you are gay) because there is hardly any regular female eye candy to mend the pain. I/we have to deal with 'blonde' of the week.
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                            I thought the whole 'Aren't you glad you didnt turn on the light' (ok not what it said exactly) was a big unoriginal thing to do.

I was so not impressed, and it sucks especially for me (and other guys i guess, unless you are gay) because there is hardly any regular female eye candy to mend the pain. I/we have to deal with 'blonde' of the week.
                            But...unlike I Know What You Did Last Summer...the hook man was a restless spirit. So, they did have some original elements. I enjoyed the episode. Also...the hook man was as simple to get rid of as some of the other critters that they've battled.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hook Hand was an OK ep.

They just do too much to telegraph things. Perhaps if they get to do some original storylines the stories will get better, but this is on thin ice for me now.

I like that they cover the common urban legends and myths, but they need to delve into more obscure myths and stories or start developing the father and the girlfriend storylines.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Yeah once they get into the Father and G/f stuff it will be more original the chick in the last ep was hot the one this week was ok but it always looked like her face was glowing
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X