Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
    I thought the whole 'Aren't you glad you didnt turn on the light' (ok not what it said exactly) was a big unoriginal thing to do.

I was so not impressed, and it sucks especially for me (and other guys i guess, unless you are gay) because there is hardly any regular female eye candy to mend the pain. I/we have to deal with 'blonde' of the week.
    Lucky for us girls there is PLENTY of eye candy! (Yea us!! )
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

However, I do agree that they need a recurring female character. Maybe she can join the ghost hunting team. It would be interesting to see how they would deal with her and with each other with a girl involved.
      Andromeda Fate
      Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
      "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
        However, I do agree that they need a recurring female character. Maybe she can join the ghost hunting team. It would be interesting to see how they would deal with her and with each other with a girl involved.
        Yeah thats one of the good things about Smallville all the hot Female charators
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Supernatural, anything that has to do with the paranormal has my vote, I could be alone on this, but I think that the family itself has something to do, with these women being consumed in flames. It reminds me of Millennium, I liked that show eventhough it was cancelled, in what the second or third season, still there is potential for improvement in this show, I will continue to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
            Supernatural, anything that has to do with the paranormal has my vote, I could be alone on this, but I think that the family itself has something to do, with these women being consumed in flames. It reminds me of Millennium, I liked that show eventhough it was cancelled, in what the second or third season, still there is potential for improvement in this show, I will continue to watch.
            I agree with your theory about the women being consumed with flame. It is that underlying storyline that keeps me watching to find out. I think that right now the show relies too heavily on its good looking actors to keep the show afloat. They need better writers to keep it going for longer.
            Andromeda Fate

Comment

Yes...the women consumed in flames have me intrigued as well. I just wonder what will become of that. I also wonder how that one demon/entity that took over the airline pilot knew about Sam's girlfriend?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                I am absolutely loving this show, despite some of the cliches. I knew going into it some of the cliches would be there, because they're using actual urban legends to come up with the storylines.

The reason I love it is twofold: I'm intrigued by the mystery of what is going on with the family. I need some sort of overall arc in my television shows. That's one of the reasons I have little interest in procedurals. Stand-alone shows by themselves have little appeal to me, but the networks seem to like them because it's harder to keep viewers if the show is too arc-driven. I hope Supernatural keeps the balance between Monster Of the Week stories and the tease of what's going on with that family.

Secondly, the banter/relationship between the two main characters. I think both Ackles and Padalecki do a great job together and are really believable as brothers. You can see they genuinely care about each other, but it's buried under the baggage of all they've gone through--and the snark of two twenty-something brothers. Also, can't deny the eye candy, for the ladies, anyway. Seriously though, I think they're doing a good job creating two characters who are very different and very believable quite early in the series.

I don't know if I want a recurring female character, although I understand why the guys who are watching might like it. I'm just afraid it would end up becoming the inevitable love interest for one of the guys and alter the interesting dynamic building up between the two. Or, even worse, a triangle. Eventually, perhaps, bringing in a female character would be a good idea, but IMO it's too soon. There's too much to be sorted out between the brothers, as well as the missing father.

This is my feel-good, don't-have-to-think-too-hard show of the year. I'm really glad it's doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonisa
                  I don't know if I want a recurring female character, although I understand why the guys who are watching might like it. I'm just afraid it would end up becoming the inevitable love interest for one of the guys and alter the interesting dynamic building up between the two. Or, even worse, a triangle. Eventually, perhaps, bringing in a female character would be a good idea, but IMO it's too soon. There's too much to be sorted out between the brothers, as well as the missing father.

This is my feel-good, don't-have-to-think-too-hard show of the year. I'm really glad it's doing so well.
                  For the 'regular' female role, i was thinking mainly a 'sybling' sister, obviously this is a scifi show so they could easily pop her character out of nowhere, haha... Well that would easily prevent the idea of those ugly shapes [triangle].
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Maybe the ghost of Sam's girlfriend can start haunting him... and helping out on occasion.

Comment

Hey yeah they do have a sister that i haven't heard anything about yet
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                        Hey yeah they do have a sister that i haven't heard anything about yet
                        Nope...no sister is mentioned only Sam and Dean.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes I did watch the first ep. I loved it, and now I have been watching every ep. and it has some nice laughs too all in all it's a great show the WB has done well with horror shows.
                          Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                            For the 'regular' female role, i was thinking mainly a 'sybling' sister, obviously this is a scifi show so they could easily pop her character out of nowhere, haha... Well that would easily prevent the idea of those ugly shapes [triangle].
                            You know I was just thinking about that the other night. A mysterious half sister could pop out of the woodwork. She could be psychic or gifted in some other supernatural way, then she could really help out with the little mission thingys they go on. Maybe she could have a secret/ as in maybe she could know the real reason the mother and the girlfriend died/ maybe she's affected by the same curse? hmmmmmm
                            Andromeda Fate

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Maybe the ghost of Sam's girlfriend can start haunting him... and helping out on occasion.
                              Heh. I like this idea. It has potential.

Dean, Sam, and their friend Ghost!Jessica popping up every once in awhile to offer some spooky help.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
                                You know I was just thinking about that the other night. A mysterious half sister could pop out of the woodwork. She could be psychic or gifted in some other supernatural way, then she could really help out with the little mission thingys they go on. Maybe she could have a secret/ as in maybe she could know the real reason the mother and the girlfriend died/ maybe she's affected by the same curse? hmmmmmm
                                The WB did it on Charmed...brought in the surprise 1/2 sister...why not do it on Supernatural? But...I think its too early for that. Maybe there could be a girl and she lost her boyfriend/husband ina similar way to the boys losing their Mom and Sam losing Jessica?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X