Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, after a while you know Dean and Sam, hehe. But it's true that they don't go that deep into their characters. Maybe they tried a bit with Sam and Amelia but that didn't fit, imho.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    Well, there was Dean....and really that is all I care about I'm shallow and I admit it!
    Then you should dislike that ep (and the Ghostfacers one) more than ever since Dean and Sam don't have much screentime in there (also a reason why I don't like those eps) .
    The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

Any Dean is good Dean

I guess I just don't take the show that seriously, so any 'fun' of 'different' episodes are just that, 'fun' and 'different'. I don't take it personally, like the writers are trying to kill the show or hurt the charactors in any way. I know some fans on tumblr went bat$hit crazy over these episodes and others, screaming "why did they do this?" and "I hate them! I'll quit watching this show!" and other craziness. It..is..just..a..show. Be entertained and then move on. *shrugs*
      sigpic

Comment

You're right, it's just a show. The most awesome one but still a show . Wouldn't think of quitting because of an ep I don't like, as far as not all eps are this way.
        You can be a fan of a show without liking everything of it. I don't like the flashbacks to where Dean and Sam were kids or in general when kids are too cool for their age (which is the thing about Dean and Sam as kids, sure they had to grow up fast but it's exaggerated nevertheless (like little Sam beating up kids (even two kids) although he is about half as big as they are; or like little Dean in one of the last eps where he beat up a police officer (and there was me thinking that the flashbacks are over, hehe))), for example. At first I didn't like the thing about Ben being like Dean but all in all at least after his first ep, Ben was not that bad since he was not too tough for his age. Or there was this ep with the three children who were trained as hunters. Didn't like that, either (and the girl who appeared in an ep before).
        I have nothing against children but I don't like it when they are totally tough in movies or series why they normally would **** their pants. An example apart from Supernatural would be Jurassic Park 2 and 3 with the little girl who just kicked a raptor away or the kid that went spec ops with his smoke grenades.

sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean about kids in SPN.....one of the recent eppies that showed Dean at 15.....the boys are 4 years apart so Sam would have been 11....and they showed him as 6 or 7 maybe. Like seriously? Get your facts straight if you're going to do something like that
          sigpic

Comment

Hm, didn't think about that one, there, hehe. Probably because you saw little Sam only for a brief moment in the car .

sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I just wanted to pop in and comment on one of "those" episodes. Just recently finished 808, which for the lack of a better word is the, "Looney Toons" ep! I loved it! BTW, I'm so glad that Cass is back. It's probably too much to hope for that he'll be around for too long, but I sure do enjoy his character. He seems to be able to elicit deeper emotional output from Dean. I guess because of their shared experiences they have a different sort of bond. Anyway, the 3 of them balance the show nicely.

I sure was surprised to see Amanda T pop into the show! It's one advantage to not having any advanced knowledge about a show. Once I'm caught up I'm sure I'll be watching trailers for upcoming episodes like everybody else, but for now, it's all a surprise. This is a big change for me cause actually, I like spoilers. I once read where David Blue said that he won't even read the tv guide preview for a show lest he gets a hint of what's going to be happening.

Now I know that people tend to not stay dead on this show. So I'm curious as to whether Bobby is going to rise sooner or later? I miss him calling the boys edgets? What is that word anyway? At first I thought it was a cross between idiot and ? I've heard it often, lately on Mrs Browns Boys. Although without knowing the spelling I can't look it up. Any ideas?

Comment

Bobby actually says "idjits" which is a version of "idiots" but sort of mangled to make it less harsh. It may also be a play on how Southerners misspell and miss say words, but Bobby isn't Southern so I don't know. It has become one of those things like "b*tch-jerk* which is just part of the show now and it wouldn't be the show without it

I can tell you about Bobby if you are *sure* you really want to know.......
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I see now, a cross between idiot and jerk. That makes sense, sort of. Kind of ironic that I asked about it after watching 808 as the urban dictionary says:

A variation of the word idiot. Derives from the classic Bugs Bunny and Tweety show.

About Bobby, thanks, but not yet. I'll see if I can tough it out a little longer. If I need a boost, perhaps I'll take you up on it! I really like the show, but at times, during a string of, "monster of the week" episodes, I get a little restless. Anyway, I do appreciate your and M@R's comments. It's nice to have dialogue with fans who can look beyond the obvious...

Comment

Thanks, I also appreciate that you brought some life into this thread with the interesting discussion .

I also think that "idjits" is a form of "idiots". Just his way of speaking and not that harsh. I don't think that it's supposed to be accent or something, it's rather his unique way of speaking. Later there is one ep where Garth tries to imitate Bobby and uses "idjits" in the process. Dean is then angry about that cause he (at least at first) says that Garth cannot replace Bobby.

Thanks! I see now, a cross between idiot and jerk.
                    Hm, not sure about that. Maybe you misunderstood copterdoc? The bit.ch - jerk think was between Dean and Sam (Dean called Sam bit.ch and Sam Dean jerk). They didn't do that that often, though. When you see some fan pages you get the feeling that they do it all the time .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M@ster R View Post

Hm, not sure about that. Maybe you misunderstood copterdoc? The bit.ch - jerk think was between Dean and Sam (Dean called Sam bit.ch and Sam Dean jerk). They didn't do that that often, though. When you see some fan pages you get the feeling that they do it all the time .
                      Naw, I just plagiarized it from the Urban Dictionary

Idjet
                      Cross between an idiot and a jerk
                      My boss is such an idjet

Occasionally I have an original thought, but this wasn't one of them! Of course, the people who contribute to the Urban Dic, don't generally have much more of clue than the rest of us, they just submit. Anyway, it was bugging me because I've heard it other places lately. It's used in the same way in Mrs Browns boys so I googled it with many spellings except the correct one, which caused me to ask for help here.

Work has gotten in the way of me watching this show, but I'm trying to fit it in where possible. I'll report back when I've gained a bit more ground....

Comment

I see .

Well, mostly the stuff in the urban dictionary sounds about right. But as you said one has to be careful. Not necessarily in our case but people can post lots of nonsense there.
                        Like this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dushku

The guy who posted this is a fan of Eliza Dushku. He proudly told her on Twitter that he made that most fabulous entry at urban dictionary. I saw it cause she retweeted it.

Season 9 finally continues tomorrow, btw. Maybe we have a few guys more in our little round here from then on .

sigpic

Comment

In over 9 years I have carefully avoided anything related to SPN. Then this morning I just happened to click on a thread at I09 and I was immediately blasted with a "what to expect " on the show. Before I could click away my sub-conscious mind fixated on 2 names that managed to spoil the two things I've been hoping to see develop in series 8. I still don't know the details but I feel as if the air went right out of my sails. I had done so well....

OK, just had to publicly feel sorry for myself for a moment. I had hoped to make it all the way current with no outside info, but alas, it's not to be.

Anyway, I take it there's a series 10 on the horizon? Quite an accomplishment when I think about it. Well, back at it, work that is, SPN will have to wait unfortunately.

Comment

Jensen and Jared have said that they will do season 10 if it is offered. It has not been confirmed or announced, but with the ratings so far this season it seems like a good possibility.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Jeremy Carver also said that he would do a season 10. They all did so while still doing season 8, though. But atm I'm expecting at least one more season .

@Mouse: What two names did you read and what was spoiled because of it?

The new ep is awesome, btw .

sigpic

Comment

On the subject of renewal, I read this morning where at the TCA's yesterday, Mark Pedowitz said the following,

The fate of the series, which saw a resurgence in Season 8, has not yet been determined, but together with Arrow, the Winchesters have helped give The CW its best Tuesday ratings in five years, so no one needs to start any save-the-show campaigns or anything. Plus, Pedowitz is a fan of the show. "As long as I'm still here, and those numbers still hold, it can go as long as it wants."
                                So I imagine that a season 10 won't be a problem.

Well, what I saw exactly was, Bobby, Kevin then, after Kevin's name was, "dead". So without even letting my overactive imagination get too involved, I can assume that Bobby's back and Kevin's dead. My fault, I should have realized that SPN would be represented in the Morning Review. Rather does spoil things a bit, but I'll get over it. Maybe if the weather continues to be crappy, this weekend I'll put a nail in series 8's coffin. Till next time....

Comment

Working...
                                X