Page 2 of 333 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    As long as they keep Angsty Boy's moodiness toned down and concentrate more on the Snarky Boy.
    Awww, I like Angsty Boy and his...er...angst, as long as they keep it right where it is. Even myself, a Card-Carrying Member of AngstLovers Extraordinaire, prefers the heavy duty stuff in fanfic, where I can avoid it.

Besides, we need his angst to give Snarky Boy something to play against. Right now I like both of them. They're both unique enough and have enough backstory to have both my sympathy and interest.

One other thing I realized I really like about the two of them. I like the distinction they've drawn between the two brothers.
    Spoiler:
    The older one remembers their mother, and the younger brother doesn't have that special memory. But at the same time, the older brother remembers her death, as well. And that puts a burden on him that his brother has been spared.

And having never seen an episode of Charmed, I also wasn't able to note the similarity.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

I've watched the first two episodes and it ain't half bad. I like the bantering and arguing between the brothers. In the first ep when he pushes his brother out of the way so he can type, my sister does the exact same thing to me (damn the rolly desk chairs).

Not sure if I can judge it on just the first two eps, but it seems like the monsters are dealt with a bit too easily.

But it's a fun show to watch in the dark at 1am.

Re: Supernatural

I'm lookin' forward to tomorrow night's episode with Bloody Mary! :-) I wonder how that one will go! ;-)

Too bad Shadowmat doesn't like Charmed. It is in its 8th season now, and still pulling in the ratings for the WB. ;-)

Anyway...I'm happy with all of the sci-fi/paranormal shows that are on now! I actually have something to watch on TV everynight except Thursday and Saturday! So, that's not too bad, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    ...but it seems like the monsters are dealt with a bit too easily.
    Now...I 100% agree with this. The monsters don't seem all that difficult to do away with.

Bloddy Mary was a good ep taking an OLD OLD myth into a show and she wasn't going down that esily but they can't make em to hard to take down unless its a 2parter and its to early in the series to do one
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Show is okay so far -- I've been following it from the beginning. Nothing really new in concept though, but as long as they can come up with new plots(or recycling of plots from other same types of show), it keep the interest of many. I wonder though will they ever find the father -- well, probably in the final episode before they retire the show.
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensterman
    Show is okay so far -- I've been following it from the beginning. Nothing really new in concept though, but as long as they can come up with new plots(or recycling of plots from other same types of show), it keep the interest of many. I wonder though will they ever find the father -- well, probably in the final episode before they retire the show.
    I agree, i can predict that each episode will pretty much be similar to other previous scifi shows, making me turned off to watch.

I like the show.
    I like Charmed too,tho I'm getting a little cheesed off with it(Did they have to take Leo's powers? The guy is raising the Uber witch and he can't do squat).
    I think Supernatural can last the distance, if they get enough hooks. At the moment, there's only the underlying need to 'find dad'. They need a few other A storylines to add to monster of the week.
    As to the monsters being too easy to kill, killing them isn't supposed to be the problem. It's ID'ing them and knowing their weaknesses.
    That's always the thing with mythology and folklore, whatever goes 'bump' in the night can be killed, you just ahve to know how.

Imo, this show is for pure eye candy for the girls. Did you see the episode with the exorcism in the airplane? At the beginning of the episode where they are pan shooting Jensen A. sleeping? Was that really necessary (dont answer if u thought so haha)?

Second Lieutenant

I like tonights episode.
    The show is eyecandy for guys too, the girls, and there is always a 'girl' in an episode, was hot!
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    Imo, this show is for pure eye candy for the girls. Did you see the episode with the exorcism in the airplane? At the beginning of the episode where they are pan shooting Jensen A. sleeping? Was that really necessary (dont answer if u thought so haha)?
    I'm answering anyway.

The eye candy isn't my MAIN reason for watching, and actually I loathe Jared Padalecki so it's a half-and-half thing, but when the plot occasionally fails to live up to its possibilities, watching Jared can smoothe over the rough spots. And he's SNARKY! I'm a sucker for good snark.

Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar

i'm actually liking the stories and sometimes even the dialogue.

we're not dealing with any DiNero's here, i know, but every now and then JA manages to pull of a line or two with a bit of panache.

as for the whole eye candy aspect...i can understand JA...he's the pretty boy...but the other guy...never really understood the slovenly as sexy look

twas nice to see amy acker a couple eps back though...mmmm amy acker...mmmmm
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

What the heck was this week's episode?!?! It was so RING/RING2 like -- ah come on, that was kinda crummy and so unoriginal. Seriously, they better come up with more original/never been tried things than that!
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensterman
    What the heck was this week's episode?!?! It was so RING/RING2 like -- ah come on, that was kinda crummy and so unoriginal. Seriously, they better come up with more original/never been tried things than that!
    Gotta agree with you there. It was all going fairly well until the ring chick started her shake and shimmy crawl. Is that going to be the new official ghost look now? All ghosts have nerve disorders, are eternally wet and slimy and have a penchant for crawling like an iguana?

They didn't even TRY to be original. If I'd been responsible I'd have made her a slow-spinning cyclone with dry hair.... just to be different
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Yeah, the Ring stuff was a bit... embarrassing, and less well-handled (IMO) than the Final Destination echoes from last week. I do like the plots and I think Supernatural is better than most of the other new scifi-y shows this season... but that isn't saying an awful lot.

I found it a complete turn off, but not like I"m going to stop watching -- seriously, they should have really put more thought into this episode and what people would think. Hey, maybe they'll even get sued for doing a copycat. True, these days, the girl from the Ring is making its way as the standard of scares. Girl with dark long hair covering the eyes, etc...don't they know that that was a thing of the past? Well, check out the new PC game coming up called F.E.A.R. Their ads are all over showing the Ring like girl as there main cover....you flip the pages of the magazine and there's one advertisement after the other were she moves closer to you <rolls eyes>.

Anyhow, that's my take for the day

I agree, ShadoMaat that it is at least one of the better new shows out this season.
    Don't make me zat you

Yeah, the Ring stuff was a bit... embarrassing, and less well-handled (IMO) than the Final Destination echoes from last week. I do like the plots and I think Supernatural is better than most of the other new scifi-y shows this season... but that isn't saying an awful lot.
    But at least we're getting sci-fiy shows this season. Its been a while since we've had some!

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter
    But at least we're getting sci-fiy shows this season. Its been a while since we've had some!
    I'd rather have one or two high-quality scifi shows than be flooded with a bunch of half-assed pseudo genre crap. But I'm weird that way.

Oh common, you dont think water alien creatures are an interesting plot?! (sacrasm greatly intended). I guess your right though, although im still having some problems getting over 'The Ring' stuff... im still very interested in who killed the mom and jess, and how practically almost all of the 'supernatural' things they come across talk about that (mom and jess).

I'd rather have one or two high-quality scifi shows than be flooded with a bunch of half-assed pseudo genre crap. But I'm weird that way.
    True...but at times the show does have its redeeming qualities. Not that they are sci-fi related.
    Last edited by LtColCarter; October 18th, 2005 at 09:25 AM.