Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son finally talked me into giving this show a try. I'm still in season 1 but enjoying it. It's daunting to see how many seasons there are.....I should of started earlier this summer.....

Comment

Supernatural was among the 10 shows the CW renewed.

The CW Renews 10 Series, Including ‘Charmed,’ ‘Legacies,’ ‘Riverdale’

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Supernatural to End With Season 15

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          You know...I understand people are upset that their favorite show is coming to an end, but some of the reactions I have seen online are embarrassing. The show is getting a fifteenth and final season to wrap everything up, and they are finding out months before they have to start writing it. That means they can devote the entirety of the season towards making it as epic as possible. Many network shows only figure it out halfway through the year, if that.

And really...15 seasons. That is three times as long as many shows get, and much more than that for most. That's a lot of show to rewatch over and over.

Then again, I stopped watching after season 5. I like many others felt it was perfect and no need to continue. So I suppose I am just bewildered that people can be sad that a show that will have 300+ episodes when complete is ending, on their own terms, and with a full twenty episode season to wrap it all up.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's How to Get Free Signed Polaroids From Stars of Supernatural, The 100, and More | TV Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Then again, I stopped watching after season 5. I like many others felt it was perfect and no need to continue.
              I'm fine with the show ending for all the points you are making and more. Sure you may feel like Season 5 was a perfect ending, but the show just had too much left to explore. That's the mark of a franchise, when the foundation laid out is such fertile ground for more stories.

Not every season or obstacle has to be about some world-ending apocalypse. I love the way they have turned season 14 into a build up of the end of the show. It all makes perfect sense and fits with the show's meta personality/culture.

Just think about this, the show's fandom was in its infancy during season 5. It's been 9 years since then. That's 9 years of new content from the show that allow fans to dig in and expand on the show's themes and mythology.

The show is going to go 10 more years after season 5. That means the show and the fandom has evolved WELL PASS the notion and build-up to the apocalypse.

Admittedly, not all of Supernatural is perfect, even before season 6. But the characters kept growing and changing. Having rewatched seasons 1-7, and in the midst of season 8. I can see where the characters have changed and evolved passed their original perspectives. They've delved into the grey that exists within their world and it's not just about good and evil.

It never was about good and evil. And I'm just as excited about the show as I was when I discovered it. That's what having a complete season to end the series with gives me.

Comment

Coronavirus: ‘Supernatural’ Shuts Down Production On Final Season, ‘The 100’ Will Try To Finish Series Finale

Comment

‘Supernatural’: The CW Hopes To Shoot Final Two Episodes In Late Summer But Will Remain Flexible

Comment

Supernatural's final season has been pushed back along with Jared's Walker Texas Ranger reboot.

Now I gotta wait to finish this season. Small price to pay for less death and despair. I had hoped for a minimum lost of life, but now I just pray for folks to listen to medical professionals and infectious disease experts.

Supernatural can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                      Supernatural's final season has been pushed back along with Jared's Walker Texas Ranger reboot.

Now I gotta wait to finish this season. Small price to pay for less death and despair. I had hoped for a minimum lost of life, but now I just pray for folks to listen to medical professionals and infectious disease experts.

Supernatural can wait.

At least we got some in legends of tomorrow
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

‘Supernatural’ to Air Final Episodes Beginning in October as CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates

Comment

They are in the middle of shooting the final two episodes now. Jared and Jensen had to quarantine for 2 weeks after they arrived in Vancouver. I assume similar procedures for the rest of the cast and crew.

Jared and Jensen said they did rewrite some of the scripts in response to the pandemic. Though Jensen said it will likely be after the finale airs that they can say what changed.

I'm thinking it may have to do with availability of actors/actresses, maybe changing how some scenes happen to reduce risk of exposures, etc.

Comment

Never heard of the SPN Tape Ball, but loving it!

https://www.cbr.com/supernatural-fir...d-19-shutdown/

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              They are in the middle of shooting the final two episodes now. Jared and Jensen had to quarantine for 2 weeks after they arrived in Vancouver. I assume similar procedures for the rest of the cast and crew.

Jared and Jensen said they did rewrite some of the scripts in response to the pandemic. Though Jensen said it will likely be after the finale airs that they can say what changed.

I'm thinking it may have to do with availability of actors/actresses, maybe changing how some scenes happen to reduce risk of exposures, etc.
                              Turns out scenes are being filmed at the end of my road, the notices say last day of filming is Wednesday, so been here just over a week. They've built a gas station in a parking lot there and using the bar opposite that closed 6 years ago as another set.

It's funny when it gets to the point that even though you love the show it gets inconvenient when you have to go round another way to the places you want to go to on your regular day as a resident because the road is blocked off for filming! Small price to pay though, I look forward to seeing how that area is transformed and looks on screen in the finale of what has been an awesome show for me.

Comment

J2 have also said they are not adverse to more SPN somewhere down the road as well
                                Would be funny to see if they can rope in Stephen Amell as has been suggested before.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X