Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
    Imo, this show is for pure eye candy for the girls. Did you see the episode with the exorcism in the airplane? At the beginning of the episode where they are pan shooting Jensen A. sleeping? Was that really necessary (dont answer if u thought so haha)?
    I'm answering anyway.

The eye candy isn't my MAIN reason for watching, and actually I loathe Jared Padalecki so it's a half-and-half thing, but when the plot occasionally fails to live up to its possibilities, watching Jared can smoothe over the rough spots. And he's SNARKY! I'm a sucker for good snark.

Comment

i'm actually liking the stories and sometimes even the dialogue.

we're not dealing with any DiNero's here, i know, but every now and then JA manages to pull of a line or two with a bit of panache.

as for the whole eye candy aspect...i can understand JA...he's the pretty boy...but the other guy...never really understood the slovenly as sexy look

twas nice to see amy acker a couple eps back though...mmmm amy acker...mmmmm
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

What the heck was this week's episode?!?! It was so RING/RING2 like -- ah come on, that was kinda crummy and so unoriginal. Seriously, they better come up with more original/never been tried things than that!
        Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
          What the heck was this week's episode?!?! It was so RING/RING2 like -- ah come on, that was kinda crummy and so unoriginal. Seriously, they better come up with more original/never been tried things than that!
          Gotta agree with you there. It was all going fairly well until the ring chick started her shake and shimmy crawl. Is that going to be the new official ghost look now? All ghosts have nerve disorders, are eternally wet and slimy and have a penchant for crawling like an iguana?

They didn't even TRY to be original. If I'd been responsible I'd have made her a slow-spinning cyclone with dry hair.... just to be different

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah, the Ring stuff was a bit... embarrassing, and less well-handled (IMO) than the Final Destination echoes from last week. I do like the plots and I think Supernatural is better than most of the other new scifi-y shows this season... but that isn't saying an awful lot.

Comment

I found it a complete turn off, but not like I"m going to stop watching -- seriously, they should have really put more thought into this episode and what people would think. Hey, maybe they'll even get sued for doing a copycat. True, these days, the girl from the Ring is making its way as the standard of scares. Girl with dark long hair covering the eyes, etc...don't they know that that was a thing of the past? Well, check out the new PC game coming up called F.E.A.R. Their ads are all over showing the Ring like girl as there main cover....you flip the pages of the magazine and there's one advertisement after the other were she moves closer to you <rolls eyes>.

Anyhow, that's my take for the day

I agree, ShadoMaat that it is at least one of the better new shows out this season.
              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Yeah, the Ring stuff was a bit... embarrassing, and less well-handled (IMO) than the Final Destination echoes from last week. I do like the plots and I think Supernatural is better than most of the other new scifi-y shows this season... but that isn't saying an awful lot.
                But at least we're getting sci-fiy shows this season. Its been a while since we've had some!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                  But at least we're getting sci-fiy shows this season. Its been a while since we've had some!
                  I'd rather have one or two high-quality scifi shows than be flooded with a bunch of half-assed pseudo genre crap. But I'm weird that way.

Comment

Oh common, you dont think water alien creatures are an interesting plot?! (sacrasm greatly intended). I guess your right though, although im still having some problems getting over 'The Ring' stuff... im still very interested in who killed the mom and jess, and how practically almost all of the 'supernatural' things they come across talk about that (mom and jess).
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'd rather have one or two high-quality scifi shows than be flooded with a bunch of half-assed pseudo genre crap. But I'm weird that way.
                      True...but at times the show does have its redeeming qualities. Not that they are sci-fi related.
                      Last edited by LtColCarter; 18 October 2005, 09:25 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to watch it! :-) Its on tonight! :-D
                        sigpic

Comment

Leave it to Shiban to take a perfectly wonderful half-nekkid-and-sweaty moment and turn it into a complete squick-fest.

Interesting ep. The plots are a little too simple and too easily solved (a point that has already been made) but it still isn't too bad.

My one quibble with "Skin"...
                          Spoiler:
                          I know there aren't any hard and fast rules about it, but I find it a little hard to believe that the thing would shift BACK to being... er... er... Studboy. NotSam. You know who I mean. ANYWAY, I should think that shifting to a given person would be a one-time-only thing. And why stay in the form of someone who has already been arrested and risk muddying the situation (staying as... was it Zach? ...after Zach had been arrested). That HAS to be newsworthy stuff and someone might recognize him.

OK, maybe it's more than one thing. I'm also curious about this "psychic connection" BS. What purpose does knowing the minds of his targets serve? Other than blending in. It seems a little plot convenience-y. And if he was psychically connected, shouldn't he have known Studboy was coming? And how could be possibly store the memories of all those people in his head? Or does he just conveniently forget it all again?

Might have been more interesting to see the strain of it getting to him. Confronting Sam with stuff remembered from the Random Guy.

And speaking of Random Guy, is he still under arrest or what? Kinda rude to clear Zach's name but leave Random Guy swinging in the wind...

Huh. This is the kinda show that is a lot better if you don't think about it. At all.

Comment

I thought Skin was alright do you know what song that was when he was changing from Sam back into what ever it was
                            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                              I thought Skin was alright do you know what song that was when he was changing from Sam back into what ever it was
                              I believe the song you're referring to is Filter's 'Hey Man, Nice Shot'.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                                I believe the song you're referring to is Filter's 'Hey Man, Nice Shot'.
                                Yep. A song from the X-Files album. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X