Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naeara
    I'm really enjoying this show as well. I thought tonight's ep was a little too Final Destination but the relationship between the brothers is still worth watching.
    It's really odd how people tend to think alike everywhere. I was thinking the exact same thing. Very Final Destination. I have to say though, Jensen Ackles playes 'scared' very well during the whole "we almost crashed" scene. He had this look on his face near the end like: I hope no one noticed I crapped my pants .

It appears the general consensus is that this is the best of the new scifi series. It's certainly the most exciting one with a future.
    Last edited by MarshAngel; 05 October 2005, 12:21 PM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I like the show so far. I really like how they are using myth and folklore to bring into stories.

Comment

Well, it isn't all that surprising that parallels are drawn to Final Destination. While there are lots of movies about plane crashes, I don't think there are very many wherein "something" stalks the survivors to make sure they die, too.

I also doubt it's a coincidence that FD was produced by Morgan & Wong, who at one time worked with Shiban on X-Files. What a squirrel.

Still, it managed to stay interesting in spite of the rip off/homage/complete and utter coincidence (*gasp!* "Did Glen and Jim make a movie like that?? Wow, I had NO idea!"), and I think I'll be watching it for a while longer. As long as they keep Angsty Boy's moodiness toned down and concentrate more on the Snarky Boy.

Comment

I'm surprised that no one pointed out the episode about the ghost/dead boy in the lake was similar to a 2nd season Charmed episode. The one where the girls have to battle a water demon who is killing people at a lake camp.

I'm loving this show...not to mention the interaction between the brothers. I like the banter between them!
          sigpic

Comment

Dunno about anyone else, but I didn't mention the similarity to Charmed because I hate that show with a passion and haven't seen the ep in question.

Supernatural keeps drawing me in. And it's a heckuva lot better than Night Stalker, IMO. Which still boggles me, since I would have said Spotsy was the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              As long as they keep Angsty Boy's moodiness toned down and concentrate more on the Snarky Boy.
              Awww, I like Angsty Boy and his...er...angst, as long as they keep it right where it is. Even myself, a Card-Carrying Member of AngstLovers Extraordinaire, prefers the heavy duty stuff in fanfic, where I can avoid it.

Besides, we need his angst to give Snarky Boy something to play against. Right now I like both of them. They're both unique enough and have enough backstory to have both my sympathy and interest.

One other thing I realized I really like about the two of them. I like the distinction they've drawn between the two brothers.
              Spoiler:
              The older one remembers their mother, and the younger brother doesn't have that special memory. But at the same time, the older brother remembers her death, as well. And that puts a burden on him that his brother has been spared.

And having never seen an episode of Charmed, I also wasn't able to note the similarity.

Comment

I've watched the first two episodes and it ain't half bad. I like the bantering and arguing between the brothers. In the first ep when he pushes his brother out of the way so he can type, my sister does the exact same thing to me (damn the rolly desk chairs).

Not sure if I can judge it on just the first two eps, but it seems like the monsters are dealt with a bit too easily.

But it's a fun show to watch in the dark at 1am.

Comment

I'm lookin' forward to tomorrow night's episode with Bloody Mary! :-) I wonder how that one will go! ;-)

Too bad Shadowmat doesn't like Charmed. It is in its 8th season now, and still pulling in the ratings for the WB. ;-)

Anyway...I'm happy with all of the sci-fi/paranormal shows that are on now! I actually have something to watch on TV everynight except Thursday and Saturday! So, that's not too bad, huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    ...but it seems like the monsters are dealt with a bit too easily.
                    Now...I 100% agree with this. The monsters don't seem all that difficult to do away with.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bloddy Mary was a good ep taking an OLD OLD myth into a show and she wasn't going down that esily but they can't make em to hard to take down unless its a 2parter and its to early in the series to do one
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

Show is okay so far -- I've been following it from the beginning. Nothing really new in concept though, but as long as they can come up with new plots(or recycling of plots from other same types of show), it keep the interest of many. I wonder though will they ever find the father -- well, probably in the final episode before they retire the show.
                        Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
                          Show is okay so far -- I've been following it from the beginning. Nothing really new in concept though, but as long as they can come up with new plots(or recycling of plots from other same types of show), it keep the interest of many. I wonder though will they ever find the father -- well, probably in the final episode before they retire the show.
                          I agree, i can predict that each episode will pretty much be similar to other previous scifi shows, making me turned off to watch.
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I like the show.
                            I like Charmed too,tho I'm getting a little cheesed off with it(Did they have to take Leo's powers? The guy is raising the Uber witch and he can't do squat).
                            I think Supernatural can last the distance, if they get enough hooks. At the moment, there's only the underlying need to 'find dad'. They need a few other A storylines to add to monster of the week.
                            As to the monsters being too easy to kill, killing them isn't supposed to be the problem. It's ID'ing them and knowing their weaknesses.
                            That's always the thing with mythology and folklore, whatever goes 'bump' in the night can be killed, you just ahve to know how.

Comment

Imo, this show is for pure eye candy for the girls. Did you see the episode with the exorcism in the airplane? At the beginning of the episode where they are pan shooting Jensen A. sleeping? Was that really necessary (dont answer if u thought so haha)?
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I like tonights episode.
                                The show is eyecandy for guys too, the girls, and there is always a 'girl' in an episode, was hot!
                                Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                                Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                                X