Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with all of the criticisms above. That was the fastest night ever. I did enjoy the parts where Sam was talking about his relationship with his Dad and the sexual orientation gag was amusing. I was watching the ep through my fingers half the time though because I can't handle bugs. Spiders are just right out. Yuck.

Comment

I could not believe the ending! The bugs started coming out at 12a.m. ish, and as they are fending them off up in the attic, the sun comes out already after a short bout??????? I guess we have to use our imagination in time laspe and pretend that 6 hours went by -- hmm, that's a long time for that 'bug spray' can to have lasted though.

Originally posted by Jeffer
      tonights bug ep was good the only prob i had with it was that day time seemed to role around quite fast like Sam said it was 12:15 eerr so and it seemed like it was day time a half hour

next weeks ep looks awesome they are going home
      Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

At first I thought that is was the Native American guy they had talked to that was doing something to lift the curse but then I realized that the sun had come up and I was like WTF that was a short night, the housing development must have been close to the artic cricle where the nights are about 2 hours long.

What was the purpose to lighting the bug spray on fire? Sure it looked cool but wouldn't regular bug spray work just as well as fire?

Next week looks good though.

Comment

When the sunlight started pouring through the holes in the roof, I actually tried to think of a scientific explanation for the sun to rise in the middle of the night. Like, maybe some ultra-rare ultra bizarre eclipse thing. Frankly, that would probably have made more sense than the massive time cut the ep took.

And the bug spray- first of all, shouldn't any aerosol-type things work? Those cleaners and whatnot? Or were those squeeze sprayers? I didn't actually notice.

How was he lighting it, anyway? Did he have a lighter I didn't see?

I wonder how toxic flaming bug spray is to humans. Especially in a confined space.

Comment

it was an amusing ep.

the best part about it, and perhaps this isn't saying much, is that they actually took a few minutes to develop the father/sons brother/brother aspect...

whether we meet the father next week or at any time this season...they need to do more development of the actual characters.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I didn't even bother to think of any explanation when I saw the sunlight pouring in...all I remember is saying to myself "Oh man, you got to be kidding".

Bug spray: Yeah, anything that's flammable would do. I believe I did see him with a lighter and holding it up to the can in one of the scenes.

Yeah, them fumes would be toxic to humans I'd imagine in high concentrations.

I hate to cut the show like this, but they really should be more 'realistic' on the things that they show. Such things can make or break the show with loyal fans if it starts to get cheezy.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              When the sunlight started pouring through the holes in the roof, I actually tried to think of a scientific explanation for the sun to rise in the middle of the night. Like, maybe some ultra-rare ultra bizarre eclipse thing. Frankly, that would probably have made more sense than the massive time cut the ep took.

And the bug spray- first of all, shouldn't any aerosol-type things work? Those cleaners and whatnot? Or were those squeeze sprayers? I didn't actually notice.

How was he lighting it, anyway? Did he have a lighter I didn't see?

I wonder how toxic flaming bug spray is to humans. Especially in a confined space.
              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode. As for the bug episode. I'm soooo disappointed. If they had just had an episode about the burgeoning relationship between the two brothers it would have been better. It was so cliche. I couldn't help but make fun of it. I mean building on a cursed Indian burial ground? Come on! At least give it a unique twist. Give these boys something to work with!
                Sorry I'm done venting now. Oh yeah... Except for that short night thing. I also was thinking it was a flood light or a weird reverse eclipse. That would have made more sense!

Anyways, like I said... looking forward to next weeks episode. Looks like we get to see some Dean angst.
                Andromeda Fate
                Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

The development of the Father story line was good and the Fact that Dean was on the phone saying that he really needed his father's help was good to see we might acually get into original story lines now
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                    ...we might acually get into original story lines now
                    This gets said after every ep and so far, I'm not seeing much originality.

There's a good show buried in all the fluff, but they pile on so many cliches and ridiculous storylines that it's hard to keep track of the grains of good stuff that leak through.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but did this episode remind anyone of that movie with Lucy Lawless on CBS a while ago something?

By the way Shadow, who is ur avatar? i've seen that picture somewhere, but i have no idea who the person is.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Colin Egglesfield. Not exactly a household name. According to IMDB he's in All my Children now, but I ran across in him the pilot ep of Lost in Oz.

He's a bit more lumpy than my usual boytoys, but not as bad as SOME people I could mention. :-p

The bugs ep reminded me of a couple of different things, none of them very good.

Comment

I'm so hooked on this show it's ridiculous! It surprises me just how much I'm loving it since I didn't really care for the Pilot episode at all and almost didn't watch the following episode. Good thing I decided otherwise. It's the only show right now - besides SGA - that I'm this head over heels for.

Never in a million years did I expect to like a character that Jared Padalecki portrays - to this degree. Particularly since I thought his character on Gilmore Girls was about as interesting as watching paint dry. I think a lot of my reservations toward the Pilot came from me thinking he was essentially playing the same person then and the name was the only thing that had really changed. I saw the same mannerisms and the same speech patterns and was ready to give up on the show if it meant having to watch GG-Dean v 2.0. But he's won me over completely now and I wouldn't want to see any other actor as Sam. Jensen Ackles on the other hand I've been a fan of since his Dark Angel days and he was the sole reason I even bothered to watch the second season of that show so I was pretty sure I was going to like his character from the start. I was right.

So the thing that's drawn me in the most is definitely the brotherly relationship. The banter between the two of them is just hysterically funny to me.

I know the show has been renewed for a full season, but does that mean full-time with 20-22 episodes or is it a BSG kind of a deal where they only get about 13 episodes for the first season?
                          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            This gets said after every ep and so far, I'm not seeing much originality.

There's a good show buried in all the fluff, but they pile on so many cliches and ridiculous storylines that it's hard to keep track of the grains of good stuff that leak through.
                            I so totally agree with you.
                            Andromeda Fate
                            Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                            "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                            "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                            "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                            "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Well...maybe it will get out from under the fluff!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                                I know the show has been renewed for a full season, but does that mean full-time with 20-22 episodes or is it a BSG kind of a deal where they only get about 13 episodes for the first season?
                                I believe it's going to be a 22 episode season.

Comment

Working...
                                X