Page 4 of 333 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Second Lieutenant andromeda_fate's Avatar

Default Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    I thought the whole 'Aren't you glad you didnt turn on the light' (ok not what it said exactly) was a big unoriginal thing to do.

I was so not impressed, and it sucks especially for me (and other guys i guess, unless you are gay) because there is hardly any regular female eye candy to mend the pain. I/we have to deal with 'blonde' of the week.
    Lucky for us girls there is PLENTY of eye candy! (Yea us!! )
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

However, I do agree that they need a recurring female character. Maybe she can join the ghost hunting team. It would be interesting to see how they would deal with her and with each other with a girl involved.
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by andromeda_fate
    However, I do agree that they need a recurring female character. Maybe she can join the ghost hunting team. It would be interesting to see how they would deal with her and with each other with a girl involved.
    Yeah thats one of the good things about Smallville all the hot Female charators
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Supernatural, anything that has to do with the paranormal has my vote, I could be alone on this, but I think that the family itself has something to do, with these women being consumed in flames. It reminds me of Millennium, I liked that show eventhough it was cancelled, in what the second or third season, still there is potential for improvement in this show, I will continue to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JanusAncient
    Supernatural, anything that has to do with the paranormal has my vote, I could be alone on this, but I think that the family itself has something to do, with these women being consumed in flames. It reminds me of Millennium, I liked that show eventhough it was cancelled, in what the second or third season, still there is potential for improvement in this show, I will continue to watch.
    I agree with your theory about the women being consumed with flame. It is that underlying storyline that keeps me watching to find out. I think that right now the show relies too heavily on its good looking actors to keep the show afloat. They need better writers to keep it going for longer.
    Andromeda Fate

Re: Supernatural

Yes...the women consumed in flames have me intrigued as well. I just wonder what will become of that. I also wonder how that one demon/entity that took over the airline pilot knew about Sam's girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by JanusAncient
    I am absolutely loving this show, despite some of the cliches. I knew going into it some of the cliches would be there, because they're using actual urban legends to come up with the storylines.

The reason I love it is twofold: I'm intrigued by the mystery of what is going on with the family. I need some sort of overall arc in my television shows. That's one of the reasons I have little interest in procedurals. Stand-alone shows by themselves have little appeal to me, but the networks seem to like them because it's harder to keep viewers if the show is too arc-driven. I hope Supernatural keeps the balance between Monster Of the Week stories and the tease of what's going on with that family.

Secondly, the banter/relationship between the two main characters. I think both Ackles and Padalecki do a great job together and are really believable as brothers. You can see they genuinely care about each other, but it's buried under the baggage of all they've gone through--and the snark of two twenty-something brothers. Also, can't deny the eye candy, for the ladies, anyway. Seriously though, I think they're doing a good job creating two characters who are very different and very believable quite early in the series.

I don't know if I want a recurring female character, although I understand why the guys who are watching might like it. I'm just afraid it would end up becoming the inevitable love interest for one of the guys and alter the interesting dynamic building up between the two. Or, even worse, a triangle. Eventually, perhaps, bringing in a female character would be a good idea, but IMO it's too soon. There's too much to be sorted out between the brothers, as well as the missing father.

This is my feel-good, don't-have-to-think-too-hard show of the year. I'm really glad it's doing so well.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisa
    I don't know if I want a recurring female character, although I understand why the guys who are watching might like it. I'm just afraid it would end up becoming the inevitable love interest for one of the guys and alter the interesting dynamic building up between the two. Or, even worse, a triangle. Eventually, perhaps, bringing in a female character would be a good idea, but IMO it's too soon. There's too much to be sorted out between the brothers, as well as the missing father.

This is my feel-good, don't-have-to-think-too-hard show of the year. I'm really glad it's doing so well.
    For the 'regular' female role, i was thinking mainly a 'sybling' sister, obviously this is a scifi show so they could easily pop her character out of nowhere, haha... Well that would easily prevent the idea of those ugly shapes [triangle].

Maybe the ghost of Sam's girlfriend can start haunting him... and helping out on occasion.

Hey yeah they do have a sister that i haven't heard anything about yet
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer
    Hey yeah they do have a sister that i haven't heard anything about yet
    Nope...no sister is mentioned only Sam and Dean.

Yes I did watch the first ep. I loved it, and now I have been watching every ep. and it has some nice laughs too all in all it's a great show the WB has done well with horror shows.
    Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    For the 'regular' female role, i was thinking mainly a 'sybling' sister, obviously this is a scifi show so they could easily pop her character out of nowhere, haha... Well that would easily prevent the idea of those ugly shapes [triangle].
    You know I was just thinking about that the other night. A mysterious half sister could pop out of the woodwork. She could be psychic or gifted in some other supernatural way, then she could really help out with the little mission thingys they go on. Maybe she could have a secret/ as in maybe she could know the real reason the mother and the girlfriend died/ maybe she's affected by the same curse? hmmmmmm
    Andromeda Fate

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Maybe the ghost of Sam's girlfriend can start haunting him... and helping out on occasion.
    Heh. I like this idea. It has potential.

Dean, Sam, and their friend Ghost!Jessica popping up every once in awhile to offer some spooky help.

Quote Originally Posted by andromeda_fate
    You know I was just thinking about that the other night. A mysterious half sister could pop out of the woodwork. She could be psychic or gifted in some other supernatural way, then she could really help out with the little mission thingys they go on. Maybe she could have a secret/ as in maybe she could know the real reason the mother and the girlfriend died/ maybe she's affected by the same curse? hmmmmmm
    The WB did it on Charmed...brought in the surprise 1/2 sister...why not do it on Supernatural? But...I think its too early for that. Maybe there could be a girl and she lost her boyfriend/husband ina similar way to the boys losing their Mom and Sam losing Jessica?

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter
    Maybe there could be a girl and she lost her boyfriend/husband ina similar way to the boys losing their Mom and Sam losing Jessica?
    Someone who doesn't have their background or their understanding, someone who doesn't care about the "supernatural" part of it and doesn't care about other people in danger... she's out for revenge and nothing is going to get in her way. And if it turns out to be the headless horseman who did it, so what? She'll destroy him, too. Whatever it takes. She makes them look like pansies when it comes to ruthless determination, but they have to teach her a thing or two about not losing her humanity in the process and becoming worse than the thing she hunts.

That has some good possibilities.

Or, in a similar vein, someone who has been "haunted" all her life- orphaned at an early age by the mysterious deaths of her parents, sent from foster home to foster home, which was one disaster after another... and every time she thinks she's found a place, something awful happens to keep her alone. She's withdrawn into herself; she trusts no one, relies on no one, and is afraid to feel attachment to anyone for fear of what might happen to them. It would be Dean's and Sam's job to try and help draw her out, to show her that she CAN interact with the world without tragedy following, and doing their best to help her figure out what happened and why.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Someone who doesn't have their background or their understanding, someone who doesn't care about the "supernatural" part of it and doesn't care about other people in danger... she's out for revenge and nothing is going to get in her way. And if it turns out to be the headless horseman who did it, so what? She'll destroy him, too. Whatever it takes. She makes them look like pansies when it comes to ruthless determination, but they have to teach her a thing or two about not losing her humanity in the process and becoming worse than the thing she hunts.

That has some good possibilities.

Or, in a similar vein, someone who has been "haunted" all her life- orphaned at an early age by the mysterious deaths of her parents, sent from foster home to foster home, which was one disaster after another... and every time she thinks she's found a place, something awful happens to keep her alone. She's withdrawn into herself; she trusts no one, relies on no one, and is afraid to feel attachment to anyone for fear of what might happen to them. It would be Dean's and Sam's job to try and help draw her out, to show her that she CAN interact with the world without tragedy following, and doing their best to help her figure out what happened and why.
    All very good areas of exploration for the show! Maybe we should join forces and become writers for the show. At least we know then that it wouldn't suck!

Anyone know if Supernatural is going to have a new episode this coming week?

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter
    Anyone know if Supernatural is going to have a new episode this coming week?
    I doubt you're surprised that I'm able to answer that question. I just love this show.

Anyway, next week Tuesday is a new episode, called "Bugs". The week after that is "Home", and the one after that is "Asylum". I'm not a spoiler person at all, so I can't tell you much about the episodes, other than
    Spoiler:
    in the episode "Home" they go back to their hometown and I think we find out more about what happened to their mother, and in the episode "Asylum" they're in a haunted insane asylum and I think Sam wigs out on Dean...or maybe it's the other way around? Anyway, that's all I know.

Thanks for the info, Jonisa. Personally I can't wait for "Home".