Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Exodus (422)

Default Re: Exodus (422)

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    Just came across this in Holiday:

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
    It can only accomplish its work if you put your body into a state of kelno'reem.

TEAL'C/O'NEILL
    Translation, Teal'c.

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
    Similar to a state of hibernation.

So it's not really sleep and could definitely mean Jaffa don't need much sustenance if they kelno'reem long/deep/often enough.
    Teal'c just described it as similar to a state of hibernation, which basically means it's their version of sleep. Not replacement to sustenance, such as food. I'm assuming the symbiote allows them to go longer without food but nowhere is it ever mentioned kelno'reem is used in replacement to food.

I'm not saying it's a replacement of anything, food or sleep... I'm just pointing out that the body's needs are different during hibernation and thus there's a chance the same applies to kelno'reeming Jaffa.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

First Lieutenant

I have a feeling the writers just didn't pursue the issue of the Jaffa on board the ship and left it since we see no evidence that hundreds of Jaffa were dropped off willingly anywhere. A major plot hole is the fact that despite the death of Cronus the Jaffa could have eventually overtaken the ship against four or five people, with or without Teal'c.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
    I have a feeling the writers just didn't pursue the issue of the Jaffa on board the ship and left it since we see no evidence that hundreds of Jaffa were dropped off willingly anywhere. A major plot hole is the fact that despite the death of Cronus the Jaffa could have eventually overtaken the ship against four or five people, with or without Teal'c.
    Not when they control the Pel'tac.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

A great end to the season.

Al'kesh. Ha'tak. Gliders. Apophis and his kick ass mothership. Doesn't get much more awesome than that. I miss all the different Goa'uld ships in later eps.

So Sam blew up a star. With help from Jacob of course. It ain't no solar system though

DVDs Re: Exodus (422)

Great end to the 4th Season of SG-1.

So Apophis is back, Teal'c is dead, and we're trapped in another galaxy with no way to get home.

The commentary:
    • Joe talked about he and Paul used to work on a script as a team
    • The woman who came in after Tanith fell we an extra, but got lines because of continuity issues
    • Was recorded during filming (?) of Summit & Last Stand (Joe mentions 8 new System Lords introduced during Season 5)

Tomorrow, the conclusion to this cliffhanger and the beginning of the next part of our journey through the 5th season of Stargate SG-1.

Great ending to a top notch season!

Watching it for the first time was the best, it loses a bit with rewatching I found. Still, the effects are good, I loved the way the Stargate was released and tumbled out into space towards the sun.

Apophis ending up in the same spot as SG-1 after being flung into a galaxy, far far away was a surprise first time round and is still a great moment.

Agreed, great stuff!

My LiveJournal post
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

This is a purely an action episode. Its an all out scramble with capturing Tanith and then trying to avoid the superior forces of Apophis. Its an all out action first episode of trying to cause a sun to explode and then Teal'c has this vendetta against Tanith. It works because thier is so much SG1 has to do in the action context of trying to cripple Apophis and the threat Tanith presents in this episode as he tries to escape. But at the same time it doesn't go too fast like some Stargate episodes. I especially like how the sun somehow makes the hatak go really fast even if such travel is contradicted in future episodes. The one downside is I just do not buy how Tanith escaped Tok'ra capture. It was too easy
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Chief Master Sergeant

Kinda boring episode in my opinion.

Interesting set of episodes. Only thought I'm having at the moment though: What was up with the red armor that Apophis' Jafa were wearing? Was it just to indicate who was loyal to him?
    Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neomon View Post
    Interesting set of episodes. Only thought I'm having at the moment though: What was up with the red armor that Apophis' Jafa were wearing? Was it just to indicate who was loyal to him?
    Those were the Jaffa that he got from Sokar. When Sokar was killed, Apophis took control of his forces.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
    Those were the Jaffa that he got from Sokar. When Sokar was killed, Apophis took control of his forces.
    Yes, remember when the Tok'ra blew up the replica hell moon Netu? Sokar's ship was in orbit and went along with it; while Apophis escaped down to the surface of the nearby planet. So he then became the leader and absorbed Sokar's army.
    Although I have to wonder something.... why didn't Sokar's crew realize that the moon was going critical and getting ready to explode? I guess they weren't paying attention to their scanners. Otherwise they could have jumped into hyperspace and avoided getting splattered across the sky.

I don't know if anyone is interested, it's been over a year since the last post here. But I just wanted to say, I loved this one...

I also saw the conclusion(s) and must say I was disappointed by the whole Teal'c plot. Not good. But I will continue watching as I am a big fan, and heard many praises of Season 5

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure about this episode, whether I like it or not. It's a bit slow and only picks up the pace when they release the gate to blow up that sun.

I mean, I LOVE that shot of the gate in the cargo hold and the sequence of dialing, releasing and floating towards the sun. Some decent special effects at work. Sure, you can see it's CGI stuff but they've had worse.

Apophis has a cool ship - big but cool.

Meh, not sure...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Random thoughts:

This is second episode in a row where Daniel had very few lines. Anyone know if any particular reason for that? Did MS have another organ removed along with his appendix?

Leave Jacob and Sam alone for a few minutes and what do you get? A crazy-ass plan to blow up a sun, complete with simulations.

Action Jack knocking down two Jaffa and winging Tanith. Awesome. Those Jaffa seriously need some target practice. Or add laser sights to their staff weapons.

Space is big. Really big. What're the chances Apophis would turn up in the exact same spot in space 4 million light years from their origin? Let me do the math... *divide by six...carry the one...*

After watching this ep I put in the first dvd of season 5 as fast as I could.
    I hadn't read anything here or anywhere else so I wanted to know how the story continued.

Good for Teal'c and SG1 - thanks to the writers.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Space is big. Really big. What're the chances Apophis would turn up in the exact same spot in space 4 million light years from their origin? Let me do the math... *divide by six...carry the one...*
    He likely set course to pursue them as they left, thus ending in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Science View Post
    He likely set course to pursue them as they left, thus ending in the same place.
    Maybe the writers wanted it to be this way!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Looks like I liked it much last time I watched Exodus but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself this time around. It actually does have some very good stuff going on throughout the entire episode.

The Tok'ra are relocating to a new planet and the SGC is giving their latest acquisition in loan. At least I now know what happened to Chronos' ship (still no word on the Jaffa on board). I'm rather amused the entire time with Jack and Jacob's banter, and especially when he's thinking the plan over about blowing up a sun.

Blowing up a sun is rather ambitious (at least we can agree on that).

Big fan of the CG-effects of the gate in the cargohold and floating out towards, and into the sun. Pretty amazing stuff.

Teal'c though... He couldn't let go, could he. He had to follow that Alkesh and got himself in a bit of a bind.
    Yeah, I can't actually remember how he gets out of it, but I'm about to continue watching so I'm about to find out how this two-parter continues again. I really can't remember.

How would you rate SG-1's "Exodus?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

+++++

3-episode quiz: Double Jeopardy, Exodus & Enemies (S5)

Jigsaw puzzle: Exodus

My time: 07:02
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; June 10th, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast