Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus (422)

Default Re: Exodus (422)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Pretty good. First Goa'uld ship owned by the SGC, first sun Carter blew up, first Al'kesh vessel we encounter, and first time they address the fact of "how do the Tok'ra know where the rings are when all of the land looks the same?"
    They address it? I remember the question, but where is the answer?

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Exodus (422)

Said they addressed it. Didn't say they answered it.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Said they addressed it. Didn't say they answered it.
    You're right, but I'd really like an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    Once they free the host he can tell them all the knowledge he gained from the symbiot. I don't think they were actually considering the host just the knowledge he had. Just my guess.

Plus it gave them a way to free Tanith and get him out of the Tok'ra's grasp
    Did anyone notice though that a Tok'ra was standing 10 feet away from Tanith and was pointing a zat at him. What did Tanith do fake die again after killing the first Tok'ra.

Other then that little nitpick this episode was great. I mean how often do you get to see a sun blown up. Also what was that really big ship that Apophis was in. Have we seen that before?

This was another excellent, action filled cliffhander season finale (although, I would be very angry about the cliffhanger aspect if I weren't watching these seasons on DVD for the first time, with the beginning of Season 5 ready to watch right away).

Blowing up a sun is an incredibly cool idea, as was the twist of it boosting the ship's speed and distance so that it ended up in a far away galaxy (I'm presuming it was a different galaxy?).

I loved the bantering between Jacob and Jack in this episode, and Jack's posessiveness about his ship. Good stuff.

This one was good. At first it wasn't clear that they had already returned to Earth before bringing the mothership to the Tok'ra. My wife thought the ship landing in Double Jeopardy was them landing where the Tok'ra were. I too am watching on DVD. Would be bummed if I had to wait for another season to finish the cliffhanger.

Am I not remembering properly or did we finally get a season without a "clip" show near the end?

Actually, they stopped doing clip shows after season two's finale "out of mind." They didn't officially start doing clip shows until Season Six (or if you wanna get really picky about it, I suppose Season 5's "Meridian" had a clip from COTG of Daniel shouting for Sha're.).
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Tanith was good in this episode, although his escape was a bit odd! You could see how proud Jack was of his new ship and how he rubbed it in jacobs face every chance he got! Mind you as soon as I saw the ship I had a feeling something bad would happen to it.
    The sun exploding was cool as well ,way to go sam!
    The size of apophis's ship was huge as well, did he just build that one or was it sokar's flagship?

Amazing end to prehaps the best Stargate Season!!!!

Second Lieutenant

Great episode.....pretty good cliffhanger........but I like seasons 5 or possibly 9 better than this season.

One of the reasons that Season Four is so great is all down to this episode. IT is so good not only becuase we got to see a sun go supernova and destroy apophis's fleet. We got to see super hyperspace in one of the best cliffhangers ever and we got some of the best SG-1 jokes intertwined within the episode. You gotta love it.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Spoiler for season nine, after seeing Beachhead we learned that a gate connected to a blackhole can stay open basically forever. Now when the SGC was connected to the blackhole in the episode, A Matter of Time, they were able to close their gate by setting off an explosion. This caused the event horizon to open in another location. So, when they dialed P3W-451, the same planet on the edge of the blackhole, in Exodus, how were they able to get a connection? Maybe Sam explained it in the episode, I don't have it with me nor do I have the transcript.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Eros
    Spoiler for season nine, after seeing Beachhead we learned that a gate connected to a blackhole can stay open basically forever. Now when the SGC was connected to the blackhole in the episode, A Matter of Time, they were able to close their gate by setting off an explosion. This caused the event horizon to open in another location. So, when they dialed P3W-451, the same planet on the edge of the blackhole, in Exodus, how were they able to get a connection? Maybe Sam explained it in the episode, I don't have it with me nor do I have the transcript.
    1: Spoiler tags work great. If you don't know how, let me know and I'll PM you.

2: It's possible that
    Spoiler:
    the Ori were able to modify their black hole to keep the gate open but a gate under normal operations in a black hole will only stay open for a much longer time (due to time-warping)
    but will eventually shut down.
    Last edited by Daniel's_twin; October 23rd, 2005 at 06:25 AM.

"Don't scuff the paint!"
    So many good Jack quotes in this episode. This episode was good, though it did have some lame parts imo such as Tannith escaping - there were three tok'ra there, one, presumably two, had a zat and was aiming at him. How the crap do you let him get away. I call BS on that one. I also think the team should have reacted quicker to the bomber shooting their nice shiny new mothership. Obviously explosion sounds indicate an attack. Besides that, the sun blowing up was sweet. Back when I first saw this episode I don't believe I ever got to see the conclusion so I'm pumped for the next one.
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by skeezix
    "Don't scuff the paint!"
    So many good Jack quotes in this episode.
    This ep. is the best Jack episode ever.

"We didn't park in a red zone did we?"
    http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/aphosship.jpg
    Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

That is my favorite episode of all SG-1 along with "Enemies". At last SG-1 made a showdown with Apophis. Alkesh type bomber was cool. I also liked Alkesh and death glider dogfight. O'Neill killing Red Jaffas and nicking Tanith was also good. But artifical supernova wiping fleet of Apophis was very impressive. There you go snake boy ! You should be more careful. Speaking of Tanith I didn't get how he escaped ? There was at least three Tok'Ra , one of them poiniting a Zat to him while he was faking Hebron's death. O'Neill's comment about Tanith explains everything about him : "This guy is a living cliche"

Good ending for Season 5 to open up on
    Great to see SG1 blow up a Sun and wipe out a whole fleet
    Overall good episode
    Wonder what will happen to Tealc
    Spoiler:
    He gets brainwashed by Apophis but then taken back by SG1 and goes through Rite of Malshuraan and then he turns back to SG1

pretty class episode, great end to the season.
    I'm just wondering now, where the hell are they? they aren't in their own galaxy anymore, i amn't really worried about apophis now, more worried about that is 'out there'

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Exodus (422)

Exodus was the beginning of the end for Apophis, a moment that launched us into the hands of more advanced and varied enemies. Teal'c gets to tell Tanith that all of his actions have been counterproductive, but in doing so Tanith was fueled by anger. It was this anger that enabled him to escape and warn his backup of what was going on. In my opinion they should have caught Tanith off guard and assassinated him before he knew what was going on. It was a miracle that his escape didn't foil the entire plan.

"That guy is a living cliche."

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast