No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as for the Dominion War story arc....there was a lack of continuity......seems like they forgot about other races they'd made friends with with powerful starships that could turn the tide of the war against the Dominion

for example....why all that focus on getting the Romulans on board? if I were them I'd've said "screw the Romulans" and, perhaps using Picard for his greater experience in communicating with them....petitioned the Children of Tama (aka, the Tamarians) instead of the Romulans (again provided the language barrier could be overcome).....the Children of Tama had battlecruisers that had a Galaxy-class starship dead to rights while suffering very little, if any, damage itself from a full volley of phaser fire from the Enterprise-D...chances are high that they'd also have a Dominion battleship dead to rights as well

Comment

They had to get the Romulan's involved because there was a real possibility that they would join the Dominion, or at least openly help them. At that point the Klingon's and the Federation needed there support.

As for other races, they could have mentioned them at least. But I feel like it wouldn't have been as interesting if there wasn't a lot of history and conflict to deal with when talking about potential allies. The Romulan's made for an interesting "ally" as there was always a change that the alliance will fall apart. Also they appeared in a lot more episodes, I feel like that any other race that wasn't already involved. While I've seen TNG, I'll have to go and look up the Tamarians as I don't recall them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        They had to get the Romulan's involved because there was a real possibility that they would join the Dominion, or at least openly help them. At that point the Klingon's and the Federation needed there support.

As for other races, they could have mentioned them at least. But I feel like it wouldn't have been as interesting if there wasn't a lot of history and conflict to deal with when talking about potential allies. The Romulan's made for an interesting "ally" as there was always a change that the alliance will fall apart. Also they appeared in a lot more episodes, I feel like that any other race that wasn't already involved. While I've seen TNG, I'll have to go and look up the Tamarians as I don't recall them.
        http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Children_of_Tama - memory alpha wikia entry on the Tamarians

and had the Federation petitioned them instead of the Romulans, perhaps seeing the Romulans allied with the Dominion instead...I very much doubt that a D'deridex-class warbird would've been much of a problem for a Tamarian battlecruiser either, considering that a D'deridex and a Galaxy-class were a fairly even match

oh and another favorite character of mine was Elim Garak....always enjoyed his sense of humor

*Shoots Weyoun*...."I wish you hdn't done that...that was Weyoun's last clone"...."I was hoping you'd say that"

Ah Weyoun.....DS9's version of Kenny

Comment

Garak is just awesome, as is most of what comes out of his mouth.
          sigpic

Comment

I found this article about DS9, Voyager and blu-ray some time ago and I thought I'd post a link to it.

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 & Voyager Blu-rays unlikely to happen

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I suppose most everyone knows about the DS9 documentary.

Comment

I didn't. I hope it turns out to be good as a rabid DS9 fan
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Happy 25th DS9!!!

Deep Space Nine Turns 25

https://snapwidget.com/v/in/16843019...MyMDAifQ%3D%3D

https://snapwidget.com/v/in/16841567...I2YWYifQ%3D%3D

Here is a picture of my DS9 Poster, it's one I got back when DS9 was on the air, and I thought I would share it. It's called All I need to know about life I learned from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.:
                  http://imgbox.com/juyxb8FA

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I feel old now
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I feel old now
                      It's all that cane waving and telling people to get of your lawn.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

i didnt knowabout this documentary.. is it out yet and what is it about?

btw, is ds9 in HD yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Children_of_Tama - memory alpha wikia entry on the Tamarians

and had the Federation petitioned them instead of the Romulans, perhaps seeing the Romulans allied with the Dominion instead...I very much doubt that a D'deridex-class warbird would've been much of a problem for a Tamarian battlecruiser either, considering that a D'deridex and a Galaxy-class were a fairly even match

oh and another favorite character of mine was Elim Garak....always enjoyed his sense of humor

*Shoots Weyoun*...."I wish you hdn't done that...that was Weyoun's last clone"...."I was hoping you'd say that"

Ah Weyoun.....DS9's version of Kenny
                          i think jeffrey tombs is my favourite guest character in the whole of ds9.. amazing actor.. played so many parts and so well.

but then tbh martok was an amazing actor and dukat was amazing too

Comment

Originally posted by moncapitain View Post
                            i didnt knowabout this documentary.. is it out yet and what is it about?
                            It's not out yet. They're aiming to have it out this year, for DS9's 25th birthday.

It's called What We Left Behind, and is a retrospective look at the behind-the-scenes history of the series, interviewing original actors, writers, etc. They've already interviewed almost the entire cast, as well as a significant number of the creative authorities behind the show. There's also apparently a sit-down with the writers where they brainstorm how an 8th season of the show would've gone.

btw, is ds9 in HD yet?
                            It's not, and it's very unlikely that it ever will be. The audience just isn't big enough, particularly since the DVD market crashed and burned a number of years back.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

btw, is ds9 in HD yet?
                              This article is from early last year:
                              Star Trek: Deep Space 9 & Voyager Blu-rays unlikely to happen

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                It's not, and it's very unlikely that it ever will be. The audience just isn't big enough, particularly since the DVD market crashed and burned a number of years back.
                                Not sure what DVD market has to do with an HD version. People stream & download now.

Not sure what you mean by audience not being big enough- TNG has an HD version as does TOS. Don't forget, everyone's always going on about how DS9 has become just as popular as the other series in recent years (if not more so). It even won awards for the best Star trek series so not sure what u mean there - unless they're all blowing smoke.

Comment

Working...
                                X