Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skritsys
    especially when he could fly and get the feathers right, I agree with you on that.

LOLOL...that's exactly what I was thinking. He could do feathers then he should be able to do a human face....Although all the Founders (shape shifters) seemed to have problems getting the humanoid face right.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

that would not be entirely correct, some of the founders were already "undercover" posing as officers and civilians.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
        I'm curious Smegger, did you ever see all the episodes of DS9 and Voyager. I was more of a TNG fan before the whole Dominion conflict started (around halfway through season 5) than a DS9 fan. I really did'nt care to much about Voyager till 7 of 9 came along too.
        I've seen every episode of Trek... bar a couple of ENT. But there was something lacking in DS9, and very much so in VOY. 7 0f 9 was deffiantly used for eye pleasing more than anything to start with, but luckily, she was also a very interesting character. But even then, the show was still generally poor.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
        Lister: 'Why not?'
        Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
        Cat: 'Can we see him?'
        Rimmer: 'See who?'
        Cat: 'The king.'
        Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
        Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
        Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

especially when the only outfit they had was a skintight body suit for Jeri Ryan.

Pay it forward

Comment

Damn those people at wardrobe hey. Damn them all to hell

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
            Lister: 'Why not?'
            Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
            Cat: 'Can we see him?'
            Rimmer: 'See who?'
            Cat: 'The king.'
            Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
            Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
            Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

they did the same thing for T'Pol. A female Vulcan I would have thought would at least wear the same uniform or robe to show that there is a Vulcan working with the crew. But they had to put Jolene Blalock in a similar skintight outfit that hugged every curve.

Pay it forward

Comment

that would not be entirely correct, some of the founders were already "undercover" posing as officers and civilians.

I stand corrected, I forgot about those shape-shifters. Did'nt it seem that the Founders had more of a problem giving themselves a truly human face, but had no trouble immitating things including humans...Very interesting stuff!.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Well, there was that time that they went into the future....no wait, it was the... present, but Odo was there cos they went back in time (if you follow my drift.. ) and he'd perfected human faces. Must just be practive. I doubt that founders would need to have human faces often being so far away and secluded. Obviously not during the war, but just before when they were all stuck in the link. Either that or they chose not to look that way.

I remember back in the day before i watched trek (and disliked it with a passion despite never seeing an ep) i hated Odo. His face just annoyed me. Glad my childhood ignorance passed watched Trek where several moments including the "hugging" incident at the end of "Profit and Lace" (LOL!) made Odo a legend in my books. It's just his face and look of embaressment, priceless...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    I stand corrected, I forgot about those shape-shifters. Did'nt it seem that the Founders had more of a problem giving themselves a truly human face, but had no trouble immitating things including humans...Very interesting stuff!.
                    Perhaps Odo had a problem recreating perfect human features because he was "different"? It seemed to me that he always had more humanity than any others of his race, and maybe copying humans was harder for him for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by leaper
                      Perhaps Odo had a problem recreating perfect human features because he was "different"? It seemed to me that he always had more humanity than any others of his race, and maybe copying humans was harder for him for that reason.

As far as Odo having more human traits than other Shape Shifters I totally agree!. He almost had an admiration for humans and our characteristics.

It seemed with other ShapeShifters he encountered on the show when they were in there humanoid shape they all had the dull faces and a similar look to Odo's.

Interesting theory leaper!.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                        Well, there was that time that they went into the future....no wait, it was the... present, but Odo was there cos they went back in time (if you follow my drift.. ) and he'd perfected human faces. Must just be practive. I doubt that founders would need to have human faces often being so far away and secluded. Obviously not during the war, but just before when they were all stuck in the link. Either that or they chose not to look that way.
                        Good memory Anubis, I do remember that episode where the crew of the Valiant crashed onto that uncharted planet and many generations of the survivors had formed a small community and had lived for hundreds of years. Odo was still alive and had perfected a more human looking face...Good episode by the way!.

As far as the Founders not wanting to look exactly human is an interesting concept Anubis, maybe they did'nt want to look exactly like them as show of disrespect or they simply did'nt care enough to perfect a humanoid face?.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Like the Founders would really care to look like a solid.
                          They only bothered because the Feddies presented a threat to them.

Pay it forward

Comment

Like the Founders would really care to look like a solid.
                            They only bothered because the Feddies presented a threat to them.

Exactly, that's why I suggested that they actually might have gone with the softer less detailed looking human face to show there disdain for solids.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

My favorite eps with the Founders were the ones where you got to see lots of shape shifting as they fought. I love watching how they morph their arms/bodies into whatever weapons they wanted to use to bludgeon someone.

Pay it forward

Comment

I just watched "What you leave behind" for the first time. The title of this thread is well deserved. IMVHO DS9 is by far the best Trek for sure!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X