Page 717 of 718 FirstFirst ... 217617667707714715716717718 LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 14359

Default Re: Ask the Moderators

I couldn't find a "Happy Birthday GateWorld" thread today, so I'll wish GateWorld a happy 19th birthday.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    I couldn't find a "Happy Birthday GateWorld" thread today, so I'll wish GateWorld a happy 19th birthday.
    THanks, that’s so sweet of you. I’m sure it has to be odd to Darren to know if his site were a kid it would be in college now.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    THanks, that’s so sweet of you. I’m sure it has to be odd to Darren to know if his site were a kid it would be in college now.

That's just weird... but I bet it be something with science or archaeology if it were.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Does that make Sky, GW's godmother?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

19, huh? Wow. You don't look a day over 10!!! Happy Birthday, Gateworld!!! Thank you so much for everything!!! Many Happy Returns!!!
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Hi mods. Just a quick query for you. Something weird I've noticed recently is that GW's clock seems to be running about 2-minutes behind the Microsoft clock. As I post this this it is 12:46pm (GMT) according to Microsoft clock but GW's posting clock is saying 12:44pm (GMT). Any particular reason for this?
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Captain

It seems as if the Firefox display issue has been resolved. Is there someone I can thank?

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    It seems as if the Firefox display issue has been resolved. Is there someone I can thank?

Seaboe
    I'm curious to know what this issue was. The only issues I'm finding still are that the editing controls in the advanced reply aren't appearing and the really curious thing that GW's clock seems to be roughly about 2 or 3 minutes behind the Microsoft clock.

Captain

It was displaying in a weird outline format. Most of the icons weren't showing, and it was quite difficult to follow.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Regarding this...

It's been nearly a year and a half since the change was made (holy cow, has it really been that long?!) and it is still a giant pain in the you-know-what. Stargate is what brought all or most of us together here, but we're all fans of more than that, hence the enduring popularity and activity of the Sci-Fi Stream section for other shows.

I understand the reasoning and rationale behind the change -- Darren is absolutely right to point out that the forum tree had grown rather long. But in the old setup, there was at least convenience. You could tell with one quick scroll whether the show subforums you post in had had any activity since you last looked. In the new (well, year and a half old) regime, you have to click into every single one of the show subforum pages to see whether anything is new since you last looked (or the Current Shows page, which is still having to load up a whole new page past the main forum tree).

It's not the end of the world, but it is an ongoing nuisance. Would it be possible to revisit this sorting decision? It doesn't need to go back to the previous look, but something with the previous look's functionality would be really, really nice.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Just a quick question about forum theme submissions: If we are real close to finishing a theme, say for example only 3 reps left to fill, can we submit it and have a mod or someone else fill in the little bit that is left?

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |
    My Mini City - Rygel City

Merry Christmas,
    Everyone!!!!

Happy
    New Year,
    Everyone!!!!
    Thank you for another
    y
    ear of looking after us, Mods!!!!

Happy New Year

I just joined up. Glad to be here.

Sci

Hey all.

Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery just premiered, but there's no episodes folder/threads for it. Would someone be able to take care of that?

Thanks much!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Hey all.

Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery just premiered, but there's no episodes folder/threads for it. Would someone be able to take care of that?

Thanks much!
    This was fixed a few days later, thanks!

As it took a couple days and tomorrow night's episode "New Eden" doesn't yet have a thread, I'll make the same ask in this post

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    This was fixed a few days later, thanks!

As it took a couple days and tomorrow night's episode "New Eden" doesn't yet have a thread, I'll make the same ask in this post
    Actually following on this -- now the titles of episodes 2-6 have been announced:

202 "New Eden"
    203 "Point of Light"
    204 "An Obol for Charon"
    205 "Saints of Imperfection"
    206 "The Sounds of Thunder"

https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/23/mor...tles-revealed/
    Last edited by DigiFluid; January 23rd, 2019 at 03:34 PM.

Any guesses why the whole forum seems to work fine except for this one thread?

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Hi Digi!

I can't get into that thread either and the 502 errors are affecting other things around the forums too,so I've e-mailed Darren.

Bizarre thing is I can get into other threads in the BSG folder but not that one.

*Also mailed him a reminder re other forum issues and the forum clock before anyone asks.

Good evening, Baggie

Glad it's not just me then, even if there are still actual errors

Page 717 of 718 FirstFirst ... 217617667707714715716717718 LastLast