Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to add that sometimes, I get the information that the connection is not totally secure. It says so when clicking on the symbol next the site URL which is a lock for total secure sites. That is, as Chrome tells me a way for attackers to trick me with replacing images I see
    Last edited by DarkenLycht; 10 February 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      We'll investigate this certificate error. Thanks, FH!
      Good luck!

Perhaps I should mention that after each time the error appears I have to go back to the main site and then click onwards to the forum. It's the truly the weirdest thing.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We'll investigate this certificate error. Thanks, FH!
        Firefox has reported random unsecured page errors on random threads for a while. This particular thread does throw the error, but the parent thread is fine. This particular thread says "parts of this page are not secure (such as images)"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I little extra crust never hurt anyone.

Now all we need are new newbies ... I crave newbie smores.
          Oh, great. She's preggers. Did SR finally find a way around that restraining order?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Oh, great. She's preggers. Did SR finally find a way around that restraining order?
            What?!?
            No... no... nope... no... and no, he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Firefox has reported random unsecured page errors on random threads for a while. This particular thread does throw the error, but the parent thread is fine. This particular thread says "parts of this page are not secure (such as images)"
              Same thing here latest stable Firefox on Windows 10 here.

Comment

I would like to report an issue, I get when clicking on "reply with quote" being redirected to the full ,message editor the connection goes from safe to not safe...I am using the latest version of Chrome on Windows

Edit: I checked a few other threads to "reply with quote" and its not for all threads, just some

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if these security errors might be thrown by elements within any given thread that are not being served by GateWorld itself -- such as embedded images from image hosting services.

I can investigate further if someone can send along the URL of a thread page that is doing this consistently.

(If it were being caused by, say, an ad then it would creep up inconsistently where the ad is loaded and not when reloading the same page.)
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if these security errors might be thrown by elements within any given thread that are not being served by GateWorld itself -- such as embedded images from image hosting services.

I can investigate further if someone can send along the URL of a thread page that is doing this consistently.

(If it were being caused by, say, an ad then it would creep up inconsistently where the ad is loaded and not when reloading the same page.)
                    The details of the errors I get w/ Firefox do indicate it is a mixed content error; some aspects unencrypted or some such.

Comment

This thread currently on this page has a not safe connection according to Chrome when reading the page but as I am now typing the reply in the full message editor, the connection is safe. Yesterday viewing the page was safe according to Chrome

Comment

Is this still happening anywhere?

If it is,link us to the threads/pages or tell us the title and page(s) if possible.

A cap of the error codes would be helpful too,though not essential.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I was able to duplicate the error for a short time on this thread page. The best I could tell when digging into the page load errors is that my ad block extension (uBlock Origin for Chrome) was knocking out anything on the page that looked ad-related. But once I disabled uBlock for this site, the errors went away and the page loaded with a secure connection.

Other pages on the forum, however, were loading securely with uBlock on. And when I re-enabled the extension, this page no longer threw errors and is currently loading securely.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Fascinating... and odd... like everything that throws errors.

Will keep this tip in mind. Thanks Darren.

Comment

Personally, I don't use adblockers, they seem a little like stealing from content providers (and free site providers).
                              BUT
                              I will have to say the "side ads" that keep popping up now on EVERY page change are entirely excessive. Not even TV does that much gratuitous advertising and it's that approach that makes people block them and deny revenue. Someone needs to pay the bills, I understand that and will accept some "inconvenience" to get the access to things I enjoy, but this is ridiculous.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I was able to duplicate the error for a short time on this thread page. The best I could tell when digging into the page load errors is that my ad block extension (uBlock Origin for Chrome) was knocking out anything on the page that looked ad-related. But once I disabled uBlock for this site, the errors went away and the page loaded with a secure connection.

Other pages on the forum, however, were loading securely with uBlock on. And when I re-enabled the extension, this page no longer threw errors and is currently loading securely.
                                That's weird, I migrated from adblock+ because they have "paid advertisments" to uBlock Origin, Never had any issues with gateworld related to it whatsoever on my end, though I DID have a weird logout issue regarding a different extension that kept forcing me to be logged out. I have since disabled that extension and uninstalled it.

It was called Dark Reader for Chrome

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X