Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've closed the threads. It's fine to ask in here. A PM only gets read by one mod and we don't all log in every day; and we get so many Reported posts in our e-mails that it's nicer for the non-urgent requests to be here... and we'll probably get to them in roughly the same sort of timescale.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      I've closed the threads. It's fine to ask in here. A PM only gets read by one mod and we don't all log in every day; and we get so many Reported posts in our e-mails that it's nicer for the non-urgent requests to be here... and we'll probably get to them in roughly the same sort of timescale.
      Thank you for closing the threads. Much appreciate it, if GateWorld would authorise Colonel Sharp and Myself moderatorship over the one Stargate Roleplaying board then we wouldn't have to ask we could just do it ourselves. But meh I have no problems bothering you mods with the requests.

Comment

How about a thread being created in the RP section where RP-related modding can be requested
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Proxy
          Thank you for closing the threads. Much appreciate it, if GateWorld would authorise Colonel Sharp and Myself moderatorship over the one Stargate Roleplaying board then we wouldn't have to ask we could just do it ourselves. But meh I have no problems bothering you mods with the requests.
          Or if you trust me more, (Highly Unlikley) i will do it, but remember Proxy it will suck the fun out real quick
          Last edited by Stricken; 28 September 2005, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            About why you've been put on moderation: it's about respecting other posters, which is a rule here, and your definition of rule-breaking and mine are somewhat out of synch. I won't go into details cos I don't know the exact incident which triggered it and it wouldn't be fair to you to publicise it even if it was our policy, which it isn't.

But you don't need to see it as a bad thing - there've been a couple of threads recently where you yourself have deleted your posts or asked for them to be deleted after getting huge heaps of red rep or angry replies. This way, we can sift out that sort of thing for you before it becomes an issue. (I tend to approve most of your posts, but whenever I see [size=7]DUH[/size] in one, I have trouble reconciling it with the Respect thing... )

I deleted your sig myself. Remember when I asked you to shrink it cos it was three times the size we allow and was causing problems for dial-up users? You replied that you weren't in the mood, and while I don't have the time or skills to shrink massive sigs I'm pretty nifty at deleting them, and I was in the mood.

I hope that's everything clarified.
            First: Yes "moderation" is a bad thing it sometimes takes 1 or 2 or even 3 days for my posts to appear sometimes

Second: second you keep calling it moderation it's NOT because I can't do anything. You know all those links that are on the left side of your control panel, well I can't do any of that, I tried clicking on every single one and every time I got a page saying I don't have permission to view this page

Third: after I had calmed down after PMing you saying I wasn't in the mood to shrink my sig, I CUT the thing in HALF

Fourth: so it is ok for people who don't like what i have to say, to PM me and call me names and leave comment calling me names but it's not ok for me to retaliate?

Fifth: Wouldn't it just be easier to ban me from the OT area so I am not temped to run my mouth? I have a vB board of my own so I know an admin can do it would only take ten minutes, just put me in a separate group that is not allowed in the OT section, presto done

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              Or you could do it
              I'm not a moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                I'm not a moderator
                I thought you were an administrator just like Darren

Which makes you more powerful than the mods
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I thought you were an administrator just like Darren

Which makes you more powerful than the mods
                  Well in order to have both admin powers and Super Mod powers a admin has to select both in your profile (i think it is) which Greg could do, he could make himself a mod if he wanted

Comment

Admins and mods aren't the same thing. Greg has admin powers so he can do all the tech support stuff, but he isn't a mod. Which is one reason he has PM's turned off.

Comment

In Computer hierarchies Admins can do everything

Darren is able to mod

I think Greg means that he doesnt do modding so as not to step on the toes of the other mods as he isnt officially a mod
                      love Torri

Comment

In Computer hierarchies Admins can do everything

Darren is able to mod
                        yes yes, normally..... But shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell the programmers that write vB know that

Comment

I think Greg means that he doesnt do modding so as not to step on the toes of the other mods as he isnt officially a mod
                          Bam.

Comment

Bam??

lol

Comment

Why are some names white and some sliver now?
                              sigpic

Comment

Please create Episode threads in the Firefly:season 1 board and also add Serenity where season 2 would be. Thanks
                                The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
                                Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
                                Wash: It did seem to resemble-
                                Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

Working...
                                X