Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you should try being a little more patient instead of demanding immediate answers to your interrogation.

The class rankings on the who's who list are determined by post count, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with avatar levels. Of course, the whole thing is completely arbitrary and insignificant and a majority of people aren't even aware of those particular classifications, nor does anyone really care.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Maybe you should try being a little more patient instead of demanding immediate answers to your interrogation.

The class rankings on the who's who list are determined by post count, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with avatar levels. Of course, the whole thing is completely arbitrary and insignificant and a majority of people aren't even aware of those particular classifications, nor does anyone really care.
      True, I only slightly care
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe you should spend more time contributing meaningful/fun content to Gateworld and less time obsessing over trivialities. Then again, maybe a LOT of people should do that.

Comment

I'm not really sure where all the groupings break out. being one of the mods since the beginning, they never applied to me so i never go to 'rise through the ranks'....they didn't apply to me.

so i don't have the answer handy. If it's not in the FAQ, then it's in darren's head and i'm sorta scared to go there
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Check out the "Forum Restructure" thread -- I've explained in there the criteria used for determining which other shows would get their own dedicated folder.

"Officer's Class" is the forum's third membership level (second promotion), and is closer to 2,000 posts.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

To Darren,

Again I would PM you with these question but PM for me has been disabled along with ever other function in my control panel. I am still waiting for you to tell me exactly what I did to get on restriction. And I would like to know why for every 20 posts I make only 10 of them ever appear, they have not been rule breaking posts or anything else, they were perfectly fine so why do they never appear? Also why does my sig never appears in my posts anymore?

Thanks,
              Col. Newman

Comment

I've posted like seven or eight times (I only joined yesterday, so, yeah), but when I post, it says my posts are zero. I'm just plain confused.
                Gaelicdragon's Law: The stupidity of a song is directly proportional to the probability of it getting stuck in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by gaelicdragon
                  I've posted like seven or eight times (I only joined yesterday, so, yeah), but when I post, it says my posts are zero. I'm just plain confused.
                  Because posts made in Off Topic don't count. There's supposed to be a new & improved FAQ coming out which will explain things like that. *cough* Right, Darren??

Comment

Oh...thank you.
                    Gaelicdragon's Law: The stupidity of a song is directly proportional to the probability of it getting stuck in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      The class rankings on the who's who list are determined by post count,
                      Not necessarily Rainbow, Martin Gero and Joe Mallozzi are in the same group as me and you
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                        To Darren,

Again I would PM you with these question but PM for me has been disabled along with ever other function in my control panel. I am still waiting for you to tell me exactly what I did to get on restriction. And I would like to know why for every 20 posts I make only 10 of them ever appear, they have not been rule breaking posts or anything else, they were perfectly fine so why do they never appear? Also why does my sig never appears in my posts anymore?

Thanks,
                        Col. Newman
                        About why you've been put on moderation: it's about respecting other posters, which is a rule here, and your definition of rule-breaking and mine are somewhat out of synch. I won't go into details cos I don't know the exact incident which triggered it and it wouldn't be fair to you to publicise it even if it was our policy, which it isn't.

But you don't need to see it as a bad thing - there've been a couple of threads recently where you yourself have deleted your posts or asked for them to be deleted after getting huge heaps of red rep or angry replies. This way, we can sift out that sort of thing for you before it becomes an issue. (I tend to approve most of your posts, but whenever I see [size=7]DUH[/size] in one, I have trouble reconciling it with the Respect thing... )

I deleted your sig myself. Remember when I asked you to shrink it cos it was three times the size we allow and was causing problems for dial-up users? You replied that you weren't in the mood, and while I don't have the time or skills to shrink massive sigs I'm pretty nifty at deleting them, and I was in the mood.

I hope that's everything clarified.
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 27 September 2005, 07:21 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Could I get the following thread closed? Thanks.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16504
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16735
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17053

Comment

Best to PM a moderator about those, or use the report function, as they would check them much faster than this thread.

Comment

Or you could do it
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                Or you could do it
                                I agree, as I see no reason for this thread to be here if not to request the mods do something.

Comment

Working...
                                X