Page 728 of 728 FirstFirst ... 228628678718725726727728
Results 14,541 to 14,542 of 14542

Default Re: Ask the Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi mods,

I haven't had the issues Gatefan is describing about but want to quote it as I don't want you to miss the question because of my post about something I've noticed which is really only a minor thing by comparison. What I have noticed is that the GW clock seems to be falling ever so slightly behind the Microsoft clock and I just wanted to let you guys know early so you can keep an eye on it just in case it starts to fall further behind as it has done before.

Thanks guys!
    What do you mean by "Microsoft clock"? The time on your windows machine?

Windows syncs itself to NTP time servers operated by microsoft. However, there are many NTP servers you can choose to sync to in Windows' clock settings. There are a few options offered, but you can also manually enter whatever you want. For example, I operate an NTP server as part of my head end machine, and all computers in the house sync to that.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Ask the Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I can't screencap this issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the "buttons" for things like top and inbox?
    Recently whenever I hit those buttons the screen immediately drops to the bottom rather than going where directed. Anyone else having this issue?
    Cheers!
    Nobody else reported this yet.Is this still happening?
    Have you checked through your Chrome/Firefox settings etc for the latest updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi mods,

I haven't had the issues Gatefan is describing about but want to quote it as I don't want you to miss the question because of my post about something I've noticed which is really only a minor thing by comparison. What I have noticed is that the GW clock seems to be falling ever so slightly behind the Microsoft clock and I just wanted to let you guys know early so you can keep an eye on it just in case it starts to fall further behind as it has done before.

Thanks guys!
    Ty,Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    What do you mean by "Microsoft clock"? The time on your windows machine?

Windows syncs itself to NTP time servers operated by microsoft. However, there are many NTP servers you can choose to sync to in Windows' clock settings. There are a few options offered, but you can also manually enter whatever you want. For example, I operate an NTP server as part of my head end machine, and all computers in the house sync to that.
    He's referring to the time displayed on the Forum.It sometimes needs to be reset by our SysAdmin once it lags beyond a minute or two.

Page 728 of 728 FirstFirst ... 228628678718725726727728