Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be considered too early to open an Ellie Gall/Catherine Langford appreciation thread?

For the record, I can't watch and won't watch, but I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm deadly seriously asking if it's considered too early still.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

we have screen caps, have fun.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        we have screen caps, have fun.
        I know. And thanks.

Comment

Hi there moderators, is it all right if I create a post in SGO general discussion asking people to copy and paste the Mission Files from SGO to here? I am one of the unfortunate one in Asia where the All Access pass is not available thus unable to read the Mission Files. I understand it is behind a paywall but the Mission Files are just word and not the actual video/show. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
            Hi there moderators, is it all right if I create a post in SGO general discussion asking people to copy and paste the Mission Files from SGO to here? I am one of the unfortunate one in Asia where the All Access pass is not available thus unable to read the Mission Files. I understand it is behind a paywall but the Mission Files are just word and not the actual video/show. Thank you in advance.
            May I remind you that I have once asked for a transcript of the locked behind the paywall interview with Philip Alexander, and literally not a single All-access member replied to it. There was one person, ONE who did make an effort (for which I was very grateful and they did a solid effort too).

They all act like they signed a non-disclosure form or something except when it comes to spoilers -- those they share without thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
              Thanks for asking in advance.

Originally posted by GWF FAQ
              Copyrighted material. Do not post a copyrighted article or other material in its entirety on the forum, without permission from the copyright holder. Instead, post interesting selections/quotations, citing the source, and a link to the full story if it's available on the Web. This includes news stories and other material from GateWorld itself.
              The Mission files etc are all classifiable as copyrighted material,and as you (and I and many others) know,only all access members of the SGC Site can view and participate in everything.
              Even if snippets and links are posted ( re the faq) we'd need an all access pass to see the whole articles.

I'll e-mail Darren and see what he thinks, and get back to you here or in pm as soon as I can.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                May I remind you that I have once asked for a transcript of the locked behind the paywall interview with Philip Alexander, and literally not a single All-access member replied to it. There was one person, ONE who did make an effort (for which I was very grateful and they did a solid effort too).

They all act like they signed a non-disclosure form or something except when it comes to spoilers -- those they share without thinking.
                Effectively the All-access people paid to personally view the webisodes etc.

Most sites and pay-per-view channels have restrictions or rules about their members sharing info and material.
                Thus sharers and uploaders may get their rights curtailed or blocked if they break the rules so....effectively,they aren't doing it to spite other fans or potential viewers of SGO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To spread any news,spoilers and rumours get thrown round like confetti via fb,twitter etc,but most people are just trying to get word out about SGO,Stargate Now and other items of glee (or derision).

There are ways to block spoiler-spreading on social media.I'll post a reply about that in this thread Dear GateWorld.....as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  There are ways to block spoiler-spreading on social media.I'll post a reply about that in this thread Dear GateWorld.....as soon as I can.
                  Bagpuss, don't take this the wrong way, but if you're going to suggest I unfollow all stargate-related accounts, mute them or block them -- I might scream. Or worse, go hide under a rock, I might actually throw the rock. Just saying.

I already unfollowed it all, and I'm not deliberately looking for them.

Stargate Command has this annoying setting that you don't stay logged in, like you do on Gateworld, so whenever I go there to post my Proper Stargate Rewatch post (which after the end of season 3 I'm done with, at least at Command, not here), I always end up on their homepage where a big fat-ass banner spoils the hell out of the new chapters of Origins.

I only end up on the homepage of Gateworld when I open the webpage on any computer than my personal one, and I learned to click real fast.

Comment

I DO read your posts,FH.
                    I presumed you were taking issue with the spoiler-splurges all over the place which then get repeated/retweeted with no warning.

Re the Stargate Command Site: is there any option to block headers or images in the posts over there? Is there a way to bookmark (favourite) any of the chat threads so you can avoid the main page there?

Re the GW Main site,Bookmark a forum thread and see if that helps you bypass the main site, or google search the forum and see if you can log in via any thread that looks safe from spoilers.I remember doing that to avoid the home page years ago.

Comment

I presumed you were taking issue with the spoiler-splurges all over the place which then get repeated/retweeted with no warning.
                      That twitter-tip in the other thread, I didn't know about, for which I say thanks.

Re the Stargate Command Site: is there any option to block headers or images in the posts over there? Is there a way to bookmark (favourite) any of the chat threads so you can avoid the main page there?
                      I have no idea if that's possible. It might be -- I'll look into it and get back to you if it's possible.

Edit:
                      You can indeed block images, which I just did on the Command webpage. However, I'm literally blocking all images from TopFan which includes everything they have an image for -- icons and banners, but it's better than nothing. Images on the message feed are not blocked, however, so if people still post spoilery images, they'll still be visible (unless you ignore the user -- however, do keep in mind everyone that unlike on Gateworld, there's no list of ignored people on Command so if you forget who you put on ignore, there's no way of getting them back).

Link on How To Block Images From A Website (Firefox & Chrome)

Though, they don't keep you logged in. The moment you close your browser, you're automatically logged out of the site. They don't have a "keep me logged in" option. It's very annoying but I suspect it's because they want people to log in from the app over the website (on my cellphone the website loads incredibly slow).

Re the GW Main site,Bookmark a forum thread and see if that helps you bypass the main site, or google search the forum and see if you can log in via any thread that looks safe from spoilers.I remember doing that to avoid the home page years ago.
                      Okay, I'm officially an idiot -- bookmarking a thread never even crossed my mind... yup, officially an idiot.
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 March 2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

You could also just have bookmarked that link, instead of a thread, that's how I get here to see the forum first

https://forum.gateworld.net
                        Last edited by DarkenLycht; 04 March 2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Yes,that link you posted leads to the forum front page - but there's only a small gap in between the Origins GW folder and the Forum New Posts button.
                          I've had complaints about slow ads throwing readers into the Origins section,and had it happen to me too if I don't let the forum fully load.

On balance,I'd advise anyone who doesn't want a face-full of SGO spoilers to use a different link,especially if they're using a smaller screen/smartphone to read the forum.

Comment

Yes,that link you posted leads to the forum front page - but there's only a small gap in between the Origins GW folder and the Forum New Posts button.
                            I've had complaints about slow ads throwing readers into the Origins section,and had it happen to me too if I don't let the forum fully load.

On balance,I'd advise anyone who doesn't want a face-full of SGO spoilers to use a different link,especially if they're using a smaller screen/smartphone to read the forum.
                            Oh, I clearly did not think of that....oops

Comment

I'd like to add to the image blocking that it remembers the setting even if you logged out and closed your browser.

I literally blocked the entire Stargate Command homepage now -- it's all images so.

Comment

Bug report: When clicking on the news articles, such as this one https://www.gateworld.net/?p=21623, the title, subtitle, and pictures come up as expected, but the body of the text reads:

Can’t select CoppermineSC database

We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the database.

Are you sure it exists?
                                On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_coppermine. Could that be the problem?
                                EDIT/UPDATE: This looks to be resolved. When clicking the 3 most recent new articles, the text can now be read.
                                Last edited by WraithTech; 26 March 2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X