Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know it was a issue that has been around for a while so thanks for that and to those who have given work arounds. The 5 attempts page is normally what I use when I have to log back in after the times I accidentally delete the cookie for the forum with Click&Clean in Chrome.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Many thanks to Baggie for changing dates of conventions due to COVID19.

Comment

You're very welcome!

Planning to send all the new details to Darren to update the Conventions section on the Homepage once my e-mailer quits playing around.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Has there been a easing of restrictions on greening people lately?
          I know I have been greening people who one might assume are my, err "natural enemies" much more often lately but it still strikes me as a tad strange.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

No change.Maybe you'd "spread the green" around and it's freed up your choice.

(I think you have to green something like 10-15 posts to do that,but I remember reading that somewhere a LONG time ago.)

Comment

A heads-up regarding the Maintenance and other v recent downtimes.

Basically,Greg's been working on some forum /other glitches and other links and code stuff.

He already knows about the strange symbols that have been appearing in some posts (UT-8 characters) so there's no need to worry if your punctuation in posts looks strange!
              In theory it seems to mostly affect those of us on iPhones/iPads etc though if it's happening on other devices,let us know and give us a link if you can.

Multiquote: known issue.

Subs/pm e-notifications not going through.Known issue.The "Report" feature is working ok though if any of you think we missed a report,pm me or Skydiver.

Apologies for the disruption,but it'll all be fixed as soon as possible.

Comment

Sadly for me, since the maintenance, the forum takes like twice as long to load as before as well as the redirecting does not work on each log in

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  No change.Maybe you'd "spread the green" around and it's freed up your choice.

(I think you have to green something like 10-15 posts to do that,but I remember reading that somewhere a LONG time ago.)
                  I don't think so, I tend to "stick in my lane" for the most part and deal with the same people. Just curious but thanks for the answer as always Baggie
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                    Sadly for me, since the maintenance, the forum takes like twice as long to load as before as well as the redirecting does not work on each log in
                    Check you've got the latest version of your browser,and see if you have any updates from microsoft run in the background that haven't been installed yet.
                    (Both Chrome and MS updated today for me at about 5 am BST.)

Also check you've got a decent internet signal from your IP and run a test.
                    I like this one: Speedtest by Ookla but there are other sites you might prefer to try.

Another thought: are you finding it slower to load pic/art - heavy threads? If a hosting site is having a server overload, it can then slow our threads too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      I don't think so, I tend to "stick in my lane" for the most part and deal with the same people. Just curious but thanks for the answer as always Baggie
                      You're welcome,GF!

Comment

Check you've got the latest version of your browser,and see if you have any updates from microsoft run in the background that haven't been installed yet.

I like this one: Speedtest by Ookla but there are other sites you might prefer to try.

Another thought: are you finding it slower to load pic/art - heavy threads? If a hosting site is having a server overload, it can then slow our threads too.
                        The 'net itself has been sluggish since the CV shutdowns began; more people home using it.

Comment

Thank you, seems all normal again today even if I have not changed anything nor had any trouble with my connection before..very strange but as long as it works again I guess all is well and has been just a bug

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            The 'net itself has been sluggish since the CV shutdowns began; more people home using it.
                            Our network operators have been upping the speed since the CV start... even made sure we all have extra in order to make working from home a breeze.

I have no issues with the forum after the update.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I tried to change my profile photo, but when I uploaded the newer photo, it was turned sideways. Will that uploader be changed? I reloaded the original photo I had, and there was no problem there.

I created an avatar from a avatar creator and it uploaded ok.
                              Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 04 June 2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Good day to y'all
                                What's going on with the email system?
                                I keep getting emails for old replies on threads I follow. These replies are days or up to a month old.

Comment

Working...
                                X