This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Falcon!
    Greg applied some fixes earlier today so that might have solved your problem.

If not,do the usual: refresh ,clear your cache ,cookies and browser,see if that still brings up that error code.

Whether it does or not,let us know.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Hi Falcon!
      Greg applied some fixes earlier today so that might have solved your problem.

If not,do the usual: refresh ,clear your cache ,cookies and browser,see if that still brings up that error code.

Whether it does or not,let us know.
      Good to know... I'll let you know. I don't have the issue on my tablet/PC which I'm using now.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Baggie, thank you for the updates!

Also, mucho Thank you's to TPTB (Darren and Greg and whoever else) for fixing the
        502 errors in (especially) the following 2 Off-Topic Chatter topics.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.
        and
        Discussion about hot topics trending today

I couldn't read the replies to any previously posted comments, so I didn't know what was being written. Cleaned my cache twice this week, which really didn't help. Cleaned the cache again today, and now I can read them again. Well, at least for the moment.

Comment

Yeah, most threads seem to be working for me now, too. Thanks for the fix.

I guess all we an do now is hope none of the regular gang of idiots in the Off Topic/Politics boards went postal while they were down......

Comment

Baggie, thanks for the updates. Many threads weren't accessible even "Ask the Moderators".

Comment

Did Gateworld drop out of the ether yesterday?

I got 502's all over the place.

Comment

Same here, tried to log in in my evening but only got a 502 error message during a time span of about 5 hours in which I tried to get here a few times

Comment

Yes,we had another outage.Fixed about 12 hours or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Yes,we had another outage.Fixed about 12 hours or so ago.
                    Okay... let's hope it stays fixed.

Comment

We must blame the Replicators. Maybe they are still lurking around....

I am glad it is sorted. I have reported to Darren on FB too.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

And now that the forums are back up, I noticed things look different. It seems the different boards have moved, and some have been archived. Any particular reason (especially for boards like Stargate News, and Merchandise)?

Comment

We've been making changes today to streamline/shift things around.Navigating the forums should be easier especially for newbies once it's completed.
                          These moves would have begun rolling out a while back,but we needed the forums to be reachable and stable first.

Stargate News is in the General Discussion folder now,along with the other General Disc news and news-ish threads.
                          Merchandise is I think in the show-specific areas.If you can't find a thread you've been posting to,look through your post history (last 200 posts) and see where it's been moved to.

Bear with us,guys.
                          Still a work-in-progress!

Comment

The Stargate novels and RPG thread are in the Merchandise board in Archived. Seems like those are ones that one to be accessible still.

https://forum.gateworld.net/forums/3...ise-(Archived)

Same for the Atlantis novels.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Darren is still moving things but I'll make sure he's aware that there isn't a reply to thread button.

Comment

The idea here is that any threads that are still current and active (or have the potential to become so again) are to be moved out of an archived folder and back out into a public folder.

The mods have been tasked with searching these out over the next few days, so thanks for lending a hand by pointing them out!

~Darren

Comment

Working...
                                X