This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I just noticed.. When i did my weekly cashe/cookie clear out (which also logs me off all sites), and was doing my re-logging in, the box for "Remember me" was uncheckable..
    Can't check it either, I never do actually but I tried just to see if checking it would work for me

Comment

I see the "Remember Me" checkbox isn't working in the new template, for some strange reason, and have added it to the list of things to look into. Fortunately, though, my browser is keeping me logged in anyway ... hopefully yours is, too.

The new avatar width is a fixed 150px ("It's a feature, not a bug!"). If anyone feels strongly about a more narrow avatar, I'd suggest putting it on a 150x150 square with white space.

The loss of definition in avatars is indeed caused by the browser up-sizing smaller image files. Members with custom avatar permissions will need to upload a new, bigger copy if you want to improve the display quality; we'll be rolling out a new set of larger Stargate avatars (selectable by all members) down the road.

In the meantime, to help compensate and hopefully make some more people happy, I'm happy to tell everyone that members at the "Enlisted Personnel" membership level (that's after Basic Trainee but still before the Officer's Class promotion) now have permission to upload custom avatars.

Thanks, everybody! Keep the suggestions coming!

~Darren

Comment

Nope. Doesn't keep me logged in. Even after a 2hr hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
          I see the "Remember Me" checkbox isn't working in the new template, for some strange reason, and have added it to the list of things to look into. Fortunately, though, my browser is keeping me logged in anyway ... hopefully yours is, too.
          ~Darren
          Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Nope. Doesn't keep me logged in. Even after a 2hr hiatus.
          A quick work around for this is to log in again, then re-save the new version in your favorites, it should solve the issue.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I've set the "Remember Me" checkbox to be checked by default.

Hopefully this will help folks stay logged in more effectively while we continue to troubleshoot.

~Darren

Comment

I've set the "Remember Me" checkbox to be checked by default.

Hopefully this will help folks stay logged in more effectively while we continue to troubleshoot.

~Darren
              YAY.. Thanks for the work on these fixes..

Comment

I just noticed that only the "remember me?" checkbox on the quick log in at the top of the site does not work.

I do not want to be remembered, but when I tried to log in today I mistyped my PW, so I got to this page

https://forum.gateworld.net/login.php?do=login

And there, you can still normaly check and uncheck the box

Comment

Something for Darren to take a look at.TY Az'ryel!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ok...I scuttled away and did some testing.

Here's what I see in FF 55.0.3 (Windows 10) and using Chrome's latest version.

Firefox:

Chrome:
                    Log in with deliberately incorrect Password.Chrome Browser.JPG

^ That's the view we *should* all see,so this might be something that depends on our OS/Browser.Maybe your browser still has the "old" view cached?

Try clearing your cache,cookies and browser,then try logging in again.

Comment

The link I posted earllier does not work anymore but I meant I get what is in your screen caps Baggie.

The only problem with using this if you do not want to be remembered, is if you log in too often like that it will lock you out for false log in attempts

Comment

I posted the caps to show the view members should see if they put in the wrong password.Whatever your link was supposed to lead to,it only shows the front page of the forum.
                        Obviously more than 5 attempts lock up the account.

If you don't *want* to be remembered,clear cache,cookies and browser.

If that's still not helped, you can use this work-round for now and see what Darren says when he gets time to take a look.

Go to the forum FAQ link.Type cookies into the search box there.link That brings up all the FAQ pieces re cookies.

You may have to do it again if that link doesn't work for you.You *should* see this:

How to instantly clear cookies and log out..JPG
                        Clicking on the piece circled will instantly log you out till you next sign in.
                        For extra security,clear your cache,cookies and browser too.

Comment

Az'ryel: If you don't want the forum to remember you, can you simply click "Log Out" (top right corner of the site header) when you are done with a session?

This may be an inconvenient extra step, but it would kill the login session and prevent you from being automatically logged in the next time you visit the forum.

(We're still working on a permanent fix for the checkbox.)

~Darren

Comment

Az'ryel: If you don't want the forum to remember you, can you simply click "Log Out" (top right corner of the site header) when you are done with a session?

This may be an inconvenient extra step, but it would kill the login session and prevent you from being automatically logged in the next time you visit the forum.

(We're still working on a permanent fix for the checkbox.)

~Darren
                            Yes I can sign out, thanks

Did not work yestertday for some reason but that was I am sure firefox, who was in a bad mood

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              Did not work yestertday for some reason but that was I am sure firefox, who was in a bad mood
                              Maybe someone at firefox is having a bad day so is taking it out on us users..

Comment

Updates and stuff, probaly have shaken it a little, updateing is always shaking a bit as we can see with the "remember me" checkbox here, too

Comment

Working...
                                X