Page 710 of 714 FirstFirst ... 210610660700707708709710711712713 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,200 of 14274

Default Re: Ask the Moderators

I just got logged out a few days ago, i got back in no trouble, but i think my security has blocked the header, as it is blank there now, so all is ok
    Avatar and Signature courtesy of Az'ryel

I just updated my Firefox, but no go. Even IE says it's vulnerable. What now?
    Turas maith, slán abhaile
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home)

John 3:16
    Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

The padlock for secure site is missing even with Microsoft Edge. Get unsecure message with Firefox.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Apparently yesterday the automatic updater for https didn't go through, so Greg fixed it.

I'm seeing the padlock as this: https icon view..JPG so I've mailed for assistance.

Other probs with browser views: check you're all on the latest versions of your OS and browser,and also Windows Updates.Clashes in those settings,add-ons,plug-ins,apps or outdated security tends to be the main cause of problems accessing the forums etc .

Not sure what some of you mean by the "banner" in the header ,so can you explain or post a cap please.

Okay, either my browser at work and at home is up-to-date like you have no idea, or I really do have the best security installed.

No issues here.
    Chrome at work, Firefox at home -- both equipped with an addblock though, and anti-virus/malware/spyware protected.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Cool! I'm ok too,though I spent ages on letting Windows Updater twice reload their host of tweaks today.

Hopefully Darren/Greg can check things out asap and that may sort the others' issues.

Baggie you are back! *hugs*

But, i also still have connection is not entirely secure, it is after the forum got it's new header, I blocked the image and the text that says Gateworld both just to try and still, the same

Never got any virus or anything from here though, not that, and no red warning popups, just the info that I should consider not to share any relevant data with the site

As an info I use the latest version of Chrome and my virus-protection has up to date virus info. it also says the security certificate is valid, which I have my browser as well as my antivirus-program checking always.

I would take a screen but that would not help much

Thanks for help troubleshooting the site security error, everyone. I've looked into this further and I think I've found the culprit. My (Chrome) browser's green security lock is back.

Let me know if problems persist or resurface.

~Darren

Padlock has returned. Thanks Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by GateWorld View Post
    Thanks for help troubleshooting the site security error, everyone. I've looked into this further and I think I've found the culprit. My (Chrome) browser's green security lock is back.

Let me know if problems persist or resurface.

~Darren
    Same here, safe now again, thank you much for fixing that so quick

Yes, thank you for fixing it so quickly. I had no trouble getting in with my Firefox tonight, and I had updated it last night. Great job folks!
    Turas maith, slán abhaile
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home)

John 3:16
    Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

There's this annoying Tayota Camry pop up add that keeps playing. It plays video and sound and pops up on the lower right corner. I can't immediately close it because the "x" to close doesn't appear until a few seconds into the add. It pops each time I go to any given page/thread. It's rather annoying....

My suggestion would be to use an ad blocker like adblock plus or something, you could set it so that it does not block ads that are not annoying like the one you describe

Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

My issue is not with the forum, but I was looking for the episode transcripts at the main site and they don't seem to be there - at least not on my phone.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    My issue is not with the forum, but I was looking for the episode transcripts at the main site and they don't seem to be there - at least not on my phone.
    I find some can be found with the episodes, but not with SG-1 season 2 (they probably don't exist).
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I find some can be found with the episodes, but not with SG-1 season 2 (they probably don't exist).
    Well, it's working on my laptop, not my phone. Who knows. Thanks!

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...wo_Transcripts

I found it to be a good wiki but it's still a wiki so take it with a grain of salt
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    There's this annoying Tayota Camry pop up add that keeps playing. It plays video and sound and pops up on the lower right corner. I can't immediately close it because the "x" to close doesn't appear until a few seconds into the add. It pops each time I go to any given page/thread. It's rather annoying....
    If you're reading or posting in a tread where cars are under discussion,the keywords will kick off the car ads.
    Does the ad cover the control buttons when it appears?
    If it keeps coming up can you screencap it or get at the ad details? (See next reply too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Az'ryel View Post
    My suggestion would be to use an ad blocker like adblock plus or something, you could set it so that it does not block ads that are not annoying like the one you describe
    That's a possible work round for Tood.All ads are activated by the ad providers via keyword,local publicity campaigns ,that kind of thing.

The fewer ads we "see" and let run,for impressions/click-throughs - the lower the revenues to keep the sites/forums running.
    Blocking a single *really* annoying ad won't hurt though,because there will always be other ads in the rotations fed through by the ad providers.
    Darren can't choose ads,but he can have the really bad ones blocked at source if he can send the codes /details.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    The full transcripts aren't available for every episode.I think some may have been deleted in data glitches,or it may just be that they were never completed,or Darren decided to feature the analyses,caps etc.

Go to the Individual ep titles for each show and see which ones are available Example: SG-1 S1
    (Hopefully it won't devour your phone's memory or allowance!)

(To all: use jel's suggestion to go to the other site ,OR should anyone want to volunteer,I bet Darren would very interested in having the missing eps transcribed,or have other help with features.Let him know or send your inquiries via the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.)

Minor organizational thought:

The Doctor Who subforums have gotten...unwieldy. With 10 seasons/folders (plus the inexplicably separated "Specials" folder) we're up to 11 that you have to scroll past before getting to the non-episode threads, and presumably a twelfth will be coming later this year.

Perhaps it would be better, at this point, to condense that down to Doctors? IE: One folder called "Ninth Doctor Episodes," containing all the individual episode threads for the Chris Eccelston era, "Tenth Doctor Episodes," containing (you can figure out I'm sure), etc. That would cut the number of subfolders by more than half, while still making organizational sense.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Dear mods, since so many fans are blocked from watching Stargate Origins, will there be a reminder of spoilers when it starts streaming?

I'd really hate to block people over this.

Page 710 of 714 FirstFirst ... 210610660700707708709710711712713 ... LastLast